Do you ever skip a park?

messyjessy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if its the norm to skip a park. Do you ever skip a park? Just hit MK and EP? Skip AK?

This is what I have planned so far for my dd bday celebration.

4/8 - MK
4/9 - MK (BBB & CRT for her bday)
4/10 - AK
4/11 - EP
4/12 - MK

We have never been to wdw so I'm pretty sure that dd4 will want to spend the most time near the castle. I think that is the first thing she will want to see and the last. I had already planned to spend the second day there (her bday) and have reservations for BBB and CRT to celebrate.

I was planning on skipping HS. One because we don't have park hoppers, two since there is not enough time and three I'm not really sure they have anything she might be interested in. She likes princesses and some of the disney jr characters (Sofia, Doc...)but will not sit through that many live shows.

Am I making a mistake skipping HS? Is there anything super amazing that we will miss there?

Help please. We leave in 20 days.

Just wondering if its the norm to skip a park. Do you ever skip a park? Just hit MK and EP? Skip AK?

This is what I have planned so far for my dd bday celebration.

4/8 - MK
4/9 - MK (BBB & CRT for her bday)
4/10 - AK
4/11 - EP
4/12 - MK

We have never been to wdw so I'm pretty sure that dd4 will want to spend the most time near the castle. I think that is the first thing she will want to see and the last. I had already planned to spend the second day there (her bday) and have reservations for BBB and CRT to celebrate.

I was planning on skipping HS. One because we don't have park hoppers, two since there is not enough time and three I'm not really sure they have anything she might be interested in. She likes princesses and some of the disney jr characters (Sofia, Doc...)but will not sit through that many live shows.

Am I making a mistake skipping HS? Is there anything super amazing that we will miss there?

Help please. We leave in 20 days.

My family routinely skips AK unless we have a 4-day trip or longer.

If your DD is more into animals and MK then yes, skip DHS. The only rides she will be able to do is Great Movie Ride (which can be frightening for a small child), TSM (join the marathon at RD for a FP or risk waiting hours in line) and the backlot tour (which our DNiece and Dnephew proclaimed "boring") She will likely be too short for TOT, RNR and ST2. She may enjoy the Beauty and the Beast show and the Little Mermaid show, however, with the new Fantasyland attractions, these attractions may be a little less attractive (sorry for that...it's been a long day!) if you don't have park hoppers, it's probably not worth it to spend a day here for the Disney Jr show and to meet characters. There are a few characters at DHS that you won't find in the other parks, but it is worth it? Probably not! have a great trip! Your DD will love BBB and CTR!

It's all about what you want to do. If you plan on going back, skipping a park is not a bad thing, but if you don't know if or when you may be back I would try to do them all. HS does have, IMO, some of the best thrill rides at DW, but if that's not your thing then skipping might not be too bad. I am headed down in sept and will be spending our entire trip at MK, but we go every year so skipping a park is no big deal. Just do what you think is best for you.

I've been on several trips where a park was skipped. For myself, or fam/friends, HS would be the last park we'd skip, MK or AK would be the most likely skipped (and have been).

But in your situation it sounds like HS would be the park to skip for you. There are some fun kid things in HS, but not so much of the Princess variety. Thrill rides mostly. And some fun movie themed stuff.

My DD is the same - just not enough for her at HS, so we are skipping it on the next trip also!

We either do only a half day at AK or skip it entirely. We are just not big fans of that park save for a few of the attractions....

We haven't had any small children accompanying us to Disney for years -- before MGM existed -- and we regularly skip DHS.
Sort of a been there, done that, and we just don't miss it when we don't go. We don't/can't do things like Tower of Terror or R n R.

Never. We always do all 4 main parks every trip. We always go for at least 7-8 days and sometimes longer.
There is something in every park that someone in my family of 6 likes to do, so we hit them all up. We go every 12-18 mos, so that is a long time in between if we didnt do all parks.
I can see if you had a shorter trip that it may be better to skip a park, but we do them all:goodvibes

we are skipping AK this year. I love the park, but it doesn't hold my kids interest like HS. My kids love TSMM, Beauty & the Beast, meeting the pixar and disney junior characters, muppets, and my older child can also go on star tours and TOT. We find by the time we do all of that, its 3:00ish (my kids also liked the short parade there, but thats cancelled now).

So it all depends on what your children are into! :) Have fun!!

We skipped HS back way back in 98 and that was the last time we skipped a park, but we go for about 7-10 days so we have plenty of time to do everything at least once we want to do.

We've skipped AK once in the last 6 years, and may do it again this year if we get even get to make the trip. There just isn't enough there to interest us. The only reason we would go is to ride Kali because last year it was freezing and we couldn't do it.

We are skipping AK this year. We always go to dhs for disney jr but only spend a half day but we have park hoppers. My kids are 4 and 7 and I know we will be in MK most of the time.

We have skipped both AK & HS on shorter trips.

We went during food & wine and MNSSHP in October. We went for 5 days 4 nights. First day & last were travel days. So we only went to MK for MNSSHP and to Epcot for food & wine.

It was a wonderful vacation and we didn't miss AK or HS on that trip.

We often skip AK, but we go fairly often. Going to AK every couple years is enough for us though. If this was my first visit, I probably wouldn't want to skip any of the parks. Could you try DHS on your first day? If you go there first, your DD wouldn't have anything to compare it to. She won't miss the castle, if she hasn't seen it yet.

We are skipping Epcot this year.:eek:
I know for most that is the last park they would ever skip. But we were there 6 months ago and really I think skipping a year will not matter in the least to us! Out of all 4 parks it our least fav.... right now with my kids likes we would rather do the other 3 parks and we are doing MNSSHP this year :)
If it were my first visit I do not think I would skip it esp if she likes Disney Jr :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter