Do you ever skip a park?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by messyjessy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. FortForever

FortForever Disney since Day 1

IMO, you are doing the correct thing for a 3-year-old.

Aside from shows, the only thing she may enjoy is Toy Story Mania. With the typical waits for that particular ride, it probably would not be worth it for a child her age.

Having recent experience with my preshool grandchildren at WDW, I think your plan looks great.

Enjoy your trip and don't fret about missing HS. It will be there when your DD is older.

Sent from my SCH-S950C using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CrazyMarchHare

CrazyMarchHare Earning My Ears

Oh yeah. First trip, everything (of course). Second trip, I think both AK and DHS were out. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

4. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

We always go go longer trips but if we were doing a short trip, we would skip HS entirely. For us personally there isn't enough to go to this park when compared to MK, AK and EP. During our last trip (we went for 3 weeks) we spend 1 1/2 days at HS and that was more than enough for us.

5. Tbiafore

Tbiafore Mouseketeer

If its your first time, do you really wan to go to MK 3 times and miss a whole park? I would consider swapping out that last MK for HS.

There is lots of good shows at HS (Fantasmic, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Indiana Jones). Also there are great character meet and greets there as well as some great rides!

Just missing the whole experience of HS I wouldnt risk on my first time.

--Thor

6. nat8199

nat8199 DIS Veteran

For our trip in Oct (our kids' first) we are doing 3 MK days, 2 Epcot, and 1 AK. We are skipping Hollywood Studios completely.

7. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

We take longer trips- between 12 and 15 nights.
    Never skipped a park,but have more return journeys to mk than any other park.
    Can't imagine not going to the big 4,but what works for one,does not fit for another.:)

8. eyeheartgoofy

eyeheartgoofy DIS Veteran

I honestly can't remember the last time we visited all 4 parks in one trip. Probably before kids. We go nearly every year, so we know we will see the other parks again eventually. The only park we always visit is the MK. We have had trips ranging from 2-10 nights in that time .... even on the 10 day trip we somehow managed to skip AK (it was summer & we had the water park option ... I think we may have skipped our planned AK day for a pool day or a water park day - I don't remember at this point).

This year, we are only staying for 2 nights with 2 park days - both days will be spent at the MK. Last year, we had a 5 night trip and skipped DHS. The year before was the 10 night trip. Before that, we had another 2 night trip and spent one day at AK and one day at the MK. The trip before that was 6 nights and we skipped AK.

9. mastermind307

mastermind307 DIS Veteran

I was planning to skip HS on our June trip. Then found out SWW is going on while we're there. DD is a big fan, she just loves Luke and Darth. So we are going to HS just for SWW. We will only do a couple of couple of rides like TSM and Star Tours. The rest of the time we'll just be doing Star Wars stuff.

10. nemajovc

nemajovc Mouseketeer

With DS aged 7 we went 1 st time and skipped HS. We looked at the options and decided together. We both actually enjoyed Epcot and of course MK. We have an animal park close by and it was August so AK wasn't our favorite except we both loved Lion King. I'm not much for thrill rides but I think next time ill have to do some with DS as he is getting to like them :(
    Depending on heat/crowd index and if you have a good zoo near home you can swap Ak and HS. Some people of course love each one and think each is full day- I've never been to HS (prev trips were over 20 years ago) so I can't say.

11. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

I'd have little interest in MK on an adults only trip. Even my kids ranked it beneath Epcot, AK, and both water parks. :goodvibes

12. princessjadesmom

princessjadesmom Mouseketeer

Yup, sometimes we skip AK.

13. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

Yup. I skip AK every trip.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

14. ConvenientTruth

ConvenientTruth Mouseketeer

On longer trips we will hit 6 of the big 7.....Epcot is a pass for us (not all the time, but the last few)....I'm not much of a foodie and outside of Mission Space there isn't a lot we want to do there.....

15. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Yup, same here!

16. christygobar

christygobar Mouseketeer

We are skipping HS this time. DD is a toddler and I am pregnant and not a fan of most of their thrill rides anyways. The only things I like there are Star Tours (can't ride this time) and the Backlot tour (but that has even gotten old). The last couple of trips it has just been a half day park for us. She much prefers the animals, so our 3rd day will be spent at AK and swimming in our resort pool.

17. princessjadesmom

princessjadesmom Mouseketeer

Yup, sometimes we skip AK.

18. Anya22

Anya22 Mouseketeer

We skipped HS on our first family trip. We only had 4 park days and from my research about HS, it just didn't seem like our boys would get that much out of it (they were 2 and 5 at the time). I knew my 2 year old wouldn't sit through more than one show and it seems like HS has mostly shows for the younger set. We were perfectly happy spending two days at MK (could have definitely spent a 3rd day there!), 1 at Epcot (could have spent a 2nd there too!) and 1 at AK.

19. mymickeyfans

mymickeyfans Mouseketeer

This year we are skipping AK. I'm sad about it, but my kids weren't big fans of it last year. They really want to do a day at Legoland so I told them to pick a park to eliminate, they picked AK. I would have picked DHS, but my DS is Obsessed with Rockin' Roller coaster, so that wasn't an option.

20. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

OP, is you daughter really into animals? If not, I would go to DHS. There are not a lot of rides in either park, but if she likes princesses and Disney Junior, she will find plenty of things to do at DHS. DHS has a ton of great character meets that can't be found in any other park, as well. DHS has always been my kids' second favorite park and we have gone every year since they were 2 and 4 (now 8 and 10). I would thoroughly research each attraction at both parks and make a list of what she would like. My guess is that your list for DHS will be much, much longer. Happy planning! :goodvibes

21. 4HppyCamprs

4HppyCamprs DIS Veteran

We added animal kingdom in this last trip but skipped it the last two. We didn't really miss it.
    We will likely skip it again next time we go unless it is several years before we go again.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards