Do you ever see flights under $125 RT anymore?

I was thrilled when we got one way from Albany, NY to MCO for $79 nonstop on Southwest and a return for $89 nonstop. It has been a long time since I have seen that low of fares!

DH and I actually got flights for $80 RT Dallas to Orlando the beginning of December... it was like a Tue-Thurs... it was Spirit and it was only 2 nights so we stuffed everything we needed into our "personal" bags that were free. We actually only took the trip because those flights were so cheap and we got a room at ASMovies for like $70/night. We already had APs.

MSP to DAL runs about $100 RT. I keep trying to jump on it, but timing never works well..

We flew out of Boston to West Palm Beach for a long weekend (Sat - Tues) this past November for $70 each round trip. It was on Spirit, but if you know the extras going in, then it's fine. We carried everything in bags that met their free requirements (and still had a little room in our bags). We did buy a drink for each of us on the plane, but they had a coffee/tea combo for $3 with free refills. I thought that was priced well. We weren't planning on a trip, but the flight price was too good to pass up.

I get emails all the time from Spirit with really cheap flights. But they're usually Tuesdays or Wednesday fly days. They also nickel and dime you for everything.

It was actually cheaper for me to check my bag with them, as opposed to bringing it as a carry on. But either way, it still added an extra $80 to my ticket.

Just curious where you all search for flights.

I haven't flown in a few years, but I have events in April, May, and June that I would like to find inexpensive flights for.

They don't fly to/from everywhere, but Frontier Airlines has some crazy cheap flights. On select days, you can fly between Houston and Orlando for $29 each way. Of course, you have to pay extra for luggage, but if you pack lightly, it's not a bad deal at all. I would even consider taking the kids for a 2-3 day trip with prices like that. I flew from Houston to Phoenix with my daughter for a few days to visit my Mom, For $80 total for both of us, we flew round trip. We packed lightly and were able to fit all of our stuff inside a medium sized backpack for each of us. It's a no-frills airline, you have to pay for everything, but if you know the ropes, it's dirt cheap.

They don't fly to/from everywhere, but Frontier Airlines has some crazy cheap flights.

Just checked them out, but unfortunately all of the trips I have planned are to Syracuse, NY and they don't fly there.

I will keep them in mind for the future though. Thanks!

They don't fly to/from everywhere, but Frontier Airlines has some crazy cheap flights. On select days, you can fly between Houston and Orlando for $29 each way. Of course, you have to pay extra for luggage, but if you pack lightly, it's not a bad deal at all. I would even consider taking the kids for a 2-3 day trip with prices like that. I flew from Houston to Phoenix with my daughter for a few days to visit my Mom, For $80 total for both of us, we flew round trip. We packed lightly and were able to fit all of our stuff inside a medium sized backpack for each of us. It's a no-frills airline, you have to pay for everything, but if you know the ropes, it's dirt cheap.

Agree with Frontier. And regarding bags: you'll be paying for bags no matter WHICH airline you fly aside from Southwest so I don't see it as a negative. And packing lightly is key. My husband and I just flew from Orange County (CA) to Denver and just made sure to use one suitcase leaving a couple pounds for souvenirs. Couldn't beat $79 round trip(each) from SNA to DEN. We didn't pay for seat assignments and got to sit with each other on both legs. If we were taking our kids we would no doubt pay for seating but when it's just the two of us, I can live without sitting with him for two hours.

But really(to the PP), just download the Kayak APP. It will tell you what the cheapest flights are for ALL airlines except for Southwest - so be sure to check Southwest separately. I also check religiously until I find a flight that I can live with for the price I want- sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Having a little flexibility helps too. For our trip to Denver, we were hoping to come back Monday night (holiday) but it was about $100 less to fly out Tuesday morning and get home around 9AM, getting him to work at about 10- so not much later than a normal day.

October 2015 - Atlanta to Dallas roundtrip - $82 (total)

January 2016 - Atlanta to Orlando roundtrip - $98 (total)

Spirit Air has lots of cheap flights for under $50 one way. You can even join their $9 club for greater discounts. As others have said just learn to pack lightly.

Just curious where you all search for flights.

I haven't flown in a few years, but I have events in April, May, and June that I would like to find inexpensive flights for.

Typically we use Google flights. or google.com/flights/

We are flying to Ft. Lauderdale from Boston and I can't find a cheap flight at all. It's killing me. There are 5 of us and we are going for my nieces wedding. Jet Blue and Southwest are crazy expensive and with the fees for Spirit it's not worth it for us. It's been very frustrating.

We have to go to Boise in early May. I priced out SW and airfare for 3 of us was over $1,200! I booked on Alaska using 10,000 of my miles and my $99 companion fare and it cost us $360. SW was from Reno to Las Vegas to Boise and Alaska was non-stop. I also get 1 free checked bag with my Alaska Air cc. SW has been getting more expensive lately for those of us out west that have smaller airports

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter