Do you ever see flights under $125 RT anymore?

katie111

DIS Veteran
I was on Google flights the other day looking for somewhere that we could fly inexpensively for 5 people. Non-stop flights from Boston to Houston came up for $117 per person on United. This seemed crazy cheap to me. I remember that we used to get flights for around $150 to FL but haven't seen those flights in years.

Of course by the time I really started considering it, the flight prices had gone up. There is still one flight for $167 but the times are not great. So, I'm wondering if this was a mistake in pricing or if there is a possibility this price will come back. It's our spring break week so prices to FL are around $400+ because everyone around here heads to FL. Thinking we could drive over to San Antonio and do Seaworld, the Riverwalk, Six Flags, etc.

I was on Google flights the other day looking for somewhere that we could fly inexpensively for 5 people. Non-stop flights from Boston to Houston came up for $117 per person on United. This seemed crazy cheap to me. I remember that we used to get flights for around $150 to FL but haven't seen those flights in years.

Of course by the time I really started considering it, the flight prices had gone up. There is still one flight for $167 but the times are not great. So, I'm wondering if this was a mistake in pricing or if there is a possibility this price will come back. It's our spring break week so prices to FL are around $400+ because everyone around here heads to FL. Thinking we could drive over to San Antonio and do Seaworld, the Riverwalk, Six Flags, etc.
I've seen low fares, but not always on an airline that I want to take. That's probably why they're so low!

You might need to consider connecting flights instead of non-stops and possibly flying out of a different airport. Spring break is going to be pricey just because it is a period of higher demand.

My husband REALLY wanted to go to the Broncos-Steelers game a few weeks ago and I'm like no way unless we get super cheap flights (SNA, LAX or ONT to DEN). Lo and behold we flew ROUNDTRIP for the BOTH of us for $156! That didn't include seat assignments (I figured I wouldn't die if we didn't sit next to each other for 2 hours!) But we did anyway! And it didn't include a checked bag but Southwest is the only airline to do that anymore anyway. We didn't bother with a carry-on since it was such a short flight and was more expensive than a checked bag.

I should have mentioned that this was with Frontier. Only negative were the seats. For a 2 hour flight it was fine but they didn't recline and not too much leg room.

Last edited:

We got $158 RT tickets to MCO with 15 days before the flight right after Christmas. I was thrilled with that price. :)

United.com has Economy Class Roundtrip Flight between Los Angeles (LAX) & Chicago (ORD) when you travel May 3rd-7th 2016 or May 14th-18th 2016 for $80.20.

:duck:

Reactions: HM

I got RT to FL for April vacation for $236. I thought that a was pretty good price. But I can recall the cheap fares my mom would get in the 80s with a meal and bags included for $100 ish RT.

last summer I was able to go from OMA-MCO for $170 per person round trip on Delta and the return flight was non stop! We had rented a beach house for a week in Ft. Myers, but looked at all the closest airports for the best deals when we found this. We ended up having 2 days in MCO and went to Blizzard Beach and then drove to the beach. Yes, you can find them, but you should be FLEXIBLE in dates for the best prices.

I got a $150 to orlando last year, round trip. It was through Delta thats the cheapest airline for my local airport.

There are some crazy cheap airfares out there if you are flexible. I went to two TCU away football games last fall because of flight prices. I flew DFW to Minneapolis for under $150 and DFW to Kansas City for under $100 round trip. I'm going to NYC on American for $119 and then later for $80. Those are round trip prices. But looking for flights for summer vacation I'm not finding anything near that so far.

I booked RT tixs for 4 people to Orlando about 4 weeks ago and the total was $391. So basically $96 pp or something like that. Also a week later, I saw RT tickets from NC to NY for $98.

There was recently a roundtrip airfare from here in Houston to LAX that was about $150 and we had no money to take an actual trip, which was a shame. But heck I hadn't seen a fare that low in YEARS.

Its all a matter of timing. Frontier had $34 r/t to Ft Meyers and $58 r/t to Orlando on a recent sale (from Detroit). I tried and tried to figure out how to fit a trip into our schedule, but alas I had to let that fare pass me by. :( On our last trip to WDW I paid around $100pp r/t plus bag fees ($600-something total for 5 of us). So those fares do happen, if you're a bit flexible with your dates and willing to watch for the sales when they're offered.

Frontier had fligths for $54 from Atl to Vegas for April

flights right now to MCO from ATL are cheapest on Spirit (75ish RT) with good times. My flight was $52/Each Way on Southwest awhile back

We fly from Pittsburgh (or Buffalo, we live in between both) to Orlando. We always try to fly Southwest and hunt for deals. We can also be flexible with our trip dates so that's a plus for us. I would say if we pay $200-230 per ticket RT that's a good price to us. We did fly out of Buffalo once for $99/person each way which was probably the cheapest we've found. We are flying to WDW in April and paid about $210/person RT which was great.

I almost jumped on $88 RT fares with Frontier from Chicago to Tampa but once you factor in luggage fees and the inconvenience of having to pack less than driving we decided to stick with our original plan... Driving a rental minivan with 6 and 2 yo girls. Hoping to make some road trip memories! Wish us magic!

My husband was going to go down to Ft Lauderdale this month from NYC. There were many flights for $59 and $79 each way, there and back.

I see flights for under $100RT all the time -- on Allegiant & Frontier :)

We flew for around $55RT each this past October. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter