Do people sneak into the CL lounges?

I'm going to ask that I get access to the CL on my next trip. I was told I would have to be staying on that floor to get access to the CL but being that I'm paying cash for a Grand Villa, it would be nice if I could go get some breakfast in there. I guess I'll see how that works out. :confused3
If you pay for CL access your magic bands will be encoded with CL access. It is a simple process but CL access does cost extra regardless of what size room you have.

If you pay for CL access your magic bands will be encoded with CL access. It is a simple process but CL access does cost extra regardless of what size room you have.

Any idea off the top of your head what it costs? Kinda sucks to hear I'm going to have to give them more money for this, for $2000 a night you think they could throw it in for free.

It varies depending on: if it's available, which resort it is, time of year, day of week, etc., but it is usually very reasonable. Call ahead, you will be given the cost, availability etc.

It varies depending on: if it's available, which resort it is, time of year, day of week, etc., but it is usually very reasonable. Call ahead, you will be given the cost, availability etc.

Awesome, thank you for the heads up on this.

Uh yeah, the CL CMs totally get to know you after, like, one visit to the lounge. So I don't really think trying to fly under the radar would work too well.

Not to mention, how are they planning on getting in there? Every single CL we've stayed in, you've had to have your band (well, it was just the room key when we were there) for access. I guess you could sneak up in the elevator with people going to CL, like at WL or AKL, but what are you going to do, just hang out on the floor with the CL rooms until someone gets in the elevator, and then hope they're going up to the lounge? That's stupid.

At the boardwalk you had to walk past the CM sitting at a desk and then swipe your key if the door was closed. So, not sure how you'd get around that one. Plus, again, they know who is staying CL.

And at places like the Poly and GF--how exactly do people think they'd reliably get into the building without a key? Again, just hang out at the door until someone came by? In the Hawaii building, there are at least two CMs right there in the check in area that I think would notice if people were just chilling outside the doors until someone with a band came by. :rotfl: That's a little on the Captain Obvious side.

Even if they could get in, it's totally stealing to use the lounge and eat the food if you haven't booked that room category. Good lord. Talk about entitlement!

I'm going to ask that I get access to the CL on my next trip. I was told I would have to be staying on that floor to get access to the CL but being that I'm paying cash for a Grand Villa, it would be nice if I could go get some breakfast in there. I guess I'll see how that works out. :confused3

There are only five two bedroom lockoffs on the sixth floor of Jambo House at AKL/AKV that have access to the club level lounge. There are no Grand Villas on that level, so you don't get club level access with a Grand Villa. You just get a very nice three bedroom villa.

There are many Grand Villas at the DVC resorts and none get club level lounge access.

There are only five two bedroom lockoffs on the sixth floor of Jambo House at AKL/AKV that have access to the club level lounge. There are no Grand Villas on that level, so you don't get club level access with a Grand Villa. You just get a very nice three bedroom villa.

There are many Grand Villas at the DVC resorts and none get club level lounge access.
If it is available and paid for-- any guest room can be granted cl access.

At the boardwalk you had to walk past the CM sitting at a desk and then swipe your key if the door was closed. So, not sure how you'd get around that one. Plus, again, they know who is staying CL.
The Boardwalk probably has the least secure access to the Club Lounge. Anyone staying on the 3rd floor (besides the 5 Deluxe Club Level rooms) can walk up the fire exit doors to the 4th floor, turn right and go right into the lounge. You totally avoid having to pass by the CM sitting at the Concierge desk.

But, as a previous poster mentioned the CM's somehow seem to know who is and who isn't a Club Level guest, and I don't think that anyone would get away with it for long.

By the way I have been told by the CM's who work the BW Club Lounge that they don't call security, the guest isn't evicted from property etc. When they are asked for their room number and are "found out", they are politely asked to leave.

.....By the way I have been told by the CM's who work the BW Club Lounge that they don't call security, the guest isn't evicted from property etc. When they are asked for their room number and are "found out", they are politely asked to leave.
You are absolutely correct, that is the way it is handled the 1st time, if the behavior continues then it is handled appropriately. It is amazing how persistent some people can be.

So, we're going to be staying on the Atrium CL level when we're there. I suppose it would be frowned upon to bring a couple of friends to the lounge to watch Wishes? I tried searching, and don't want to do this if it's a big deal. We could always just bring our friends to our room and let them watch from our balcony.

From experience, it's not a big deal. We were staying in the Sugar Loaf Building at the GF and my parents were in the main building. We would often go to their room to watch wishes and listen to the music in the lobby. The staff knew and didn't blink an eye and in all honestly had no clue we were in SL and not the main building. We were sure to be as respectful as possible.

On another trip, we were staying in the main building and my parents were staying in an outer building at the GF and the bellman even told my parents to take advantage of our CL access!

We stayed in the atrium club last week and I would be surprised if they made an issue of having your friends watch wishes with you.

These are just my personal experiences - not condoning or condemning either way...

The Boardwalk probably has the least secure access to the Club Lounge. Anyone staying on the 3rd floor (besides the 5 Deluxe Club Level rooms) can walk up the fire exit doors to the 4th floor, turn right and go right into the lounge. You totally avoid having to pass by the CM sitting at the Concierge desk.

But, as a previous poster mentioned the CM's somehow seem to know who is and who isn't a Club Level guest, and I don't think that anyone would get away with it for long.

By the way I have been told by the CM's who work the BW Club Lounge that they don't call security, the guest isn't evicted from property etc. When they are asked for their room number and are "found out", they are politely asked to leave.

Well, huh. I had no idea you could get up to the lounge that way! Our room was just inside the area with the CL rooms, so we always took the main elevators up and passed the CM at the desk. I had no idea there was a back entrance.

Well, you have to scan your band to get up to CL, so unless she is going to time her arrival with another CL guest that just happens to be going up at the same time, it's not going to happen.

Besides that, we have found the CM's on the CL's we've stayed at to be very attentive to the guests staying up there and they get to know who's supposed to be up there and who's not.

Sometimes people amaze me...:sad2:

Yes. The club level CM's are very attentive. They know who belongs and who doesn't (who are present CL guests). If CL is a separate building like the sugarloaf at GF, or Hawaii at the Poly they often have the doors open during day time and that includes the morning hours. I can tell you I would never enter CL area when not paying. As you have mentioned, you understand it is wrong. I don't know what else you could say to your traveling partners except to tell them it is wrong, there is a high probability of them getting caught, and you won't be with them during that kind of thing.

Or, you could suggest you all upgrade to CL? It is a magical all be it expensive experience.

Gotta tell the story again --

Stayed at Grand Floridian RPC last year (first time at CL) and at one point an 8 year old boy got on the elevator with me and meekly said he didn't have the key to get to the upper floor. Figuring he had just ridden down on the elevator on his own and his parents were in the lounge (and I was heading up anyway) I just let him ride up. As soon as I got onto my floor (which was also the CL) he walked out and was immediately beset upon by several CMs asking if he was lost.

I didn't hang around but it didn't occur to me until just then that I had probably been suckered by Oliver Twist... :rotfl2:

Oh and for Grand Admiral my sister and I stayed in the main building but my parents stayed in an outer building at the GF (Boca Chica). I asked the concierge at check-in if my parents could have a card key to my room and they said no but that it was perfectly fine for me to let my parents come in to the lounge.

From what I've seen on various boards the food in the CL lounge is a nice bonus, but not really worth the Mission Impossible style techniques one would need to pilfer it! That being said I think some people just have a sense of entitlement. Like "I paid a lot to come to Disney, I deserve it." I'm not sure if I should warn this person, or let them try to get away with it and learn a lesson!

I'd be torn between telling them off or letting them get caught. But it probably wouldn't embarrass them getting caught, they seem to have no moral compass.
These are the same people that have no problem cutting in lines, etc. I even heard a post about some family trying to skip the bus queue by trying to pretend to be with a person in a scooter :sad2:

Oh and for Grand Admiral my sister and I stayed in the main building but my parents stayed in an outer building at the GF (Boca Chica). I asked the concierge at check-in if my parents could have a card key to my room and they said no but that it was perfectly fine for me to let my parents come in to the lounge.

Thank you!

I don't want to try to cheat the system, just wanted to know if guests were allowed. :thumbsup2

It's one thing eating at the QS counters at the Deluxe resorts, you are paying for the food, but, this is just cheeky.

Are you not supposed to go to a deluxe to visit and buy QS food there? I look at it as another food option, like a TS at a deluxe. Also a great way to check out a resort to see if you want to stay there next time. If we're talking the YC or BC, can't really see why you'd want to. Quite honestly, if I was going to go to a QS to check out a resort, the mod's seem to have that beat, anyway.

I'd be torn between telling them off or letting them get caught. But it probably wouldn't embarrass them getting caught, they seem to have no moral compass.
These are the same people that have no problem cutting in lines, etc. I even heard a post about some family trying to skip the bus queue by trying to pretend to be with a person in a scooter :sad2:

Thankfully they aren't friends traveling with us, just an acquaintance that happens to be going around the same time. I would never travel with people like that. I get so embarrassed when people make a scene over stupid things. And you are correct, I have the feeling they would not be embarrassed in the least.

FWIW, we are staying at BWV so I'm perfectly happy buying my own cereal and milk and eating in the room!

Are you not supposed to go to a deluxe to visit and buy QS food there? I look at it as another food option, like a TS at a deluxe. Also a great way to check out a resort to see if you want to stay there next time. If we're talking the YC or BC, can't really see why you'd want to. Quite honestly, if I was going to go to a QS to check out a resort, the mod's seem to have that beat, anyway.

Yeah, I'm not sure what that post was all about, either. :confused3 Completely ridiculous! And I totally agree with you in that the mods have the deluxe resorts totally beaten anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter