Do people really do this? Use 2 Magic Bands for 6 FP+??

Wow! I just read the article. People must be really desperate to go through all this...not to mention the ethical issues. It just seems kind of crazy to set this all up just to get three extra fastpass+ times. I think the better plan, for those who really feel they need to get on rides quickly, is to go during the off season. I have been twice during off season and had very little wait times for anything.

I just read the 58 page cheat sheet on the fastpass+ thread. Wow...again! I do believe the point of fastpass+ is to better distribute people throughout the park, to make it more pleasurable for everyone. Your right Alesia, anytime there is a loophole, humans are clever enough to find it. Or....devious enough to find it. Take your pick.

Rose, I think that would defeat the purpose of being able to make fast passes in advance, which is really a nice feature. With technology today, I think they should be able to fix it in the computer. When I went two years ago, I didn't know about using the computer to book the fast passes. When we found out, we were already there, so we used the laptop to reserve the fast passes. There were very limited choices, when reserving the night before. So...for those who like to plan ahead this is a very nice feature. I'm sure they will eventually figure out the "loopholes" and fix them. I'm very excited about reserving my rides ahead this time. No matter what....I plan on having a great time!

Rose, I think that would defeat the purpose of being able to make fast passes in advance, which is really a nice feature.

But it's not that the system wouldn't allow making FP+ in advance. It's that there are many of us who think it should be an easy fix to only allow SDFP to be accessed when the admission media attached to a given magic band has been used to enter the park that day.

Under FP-, you couldn't use a ticket that had not been used to enter the park that day to get a FP. Why can't the same principle work with MBs?

Rose, I think that would defeat the purpose of being able to make fast passes in advance, which is really a nice feature. With technology today, I think they should be able to fix it in the computer. When I went two years ago, I didn't know about using the computer to book the fast passes. When we found out, we were already there, so we used the laptop to reserve the fast passes. There were very limited choices, when reserving the night before. So...for those who like to plan ahead this is a very nice feature. I'm sure they will eventually figure out the "loopholes" and fix them. I'm very excited about reserving my rides ahead this time. No matter what....I plan on having a great time!
I wasn't talking about FPs you make in advance. That would stay the same as it is. It is my understanding that they way people are getting extra FPs is by making their 3 in advance and then using their "extra" Magic Bands at the kiosks in the park after they arrive to make 3 more FPs. I would think they should be able to make the in-park kiosks so that they can only be used if you have a ticket that has been used to enter the parks that day. Then the extra magic bands would be useless because they are not connected to a ticket that has been used that day.

And since I started typing my response, this was posted . . . It's exactly what I'm talking about:
But it's not that the system wouldn't allow making FP+ in advance. It's that there are many of us who think it should be an easy fix to only allow SDFP to be accessed when the admission media attached to a given magic band has been used to enter the park that day.

Under FP-, you couldn't use a ticket that had not been used to enter the park that day to get a FP. Why can't the same principle work with MBs?

We had an extra set of bands from a different MDE account. We only ended up using them one day because since there were no tickets link to them, we couldn't set up FPs until the day off. And since we didn't want to waste time at RD doing this, there was never anything worth getting except at MK, which is the day we used them. We got "bonus" FPs for the speedway and for Little Mermaid. It honestly wasn't even worth the hassle of keeping up with 2 sets I don't think.

The FPs being booked on the extra set of bands are really leftovers. Rides on things like Splash mountain later in the day. It is the same as somebody going to a kiosk after they have used their three and booking another. I honestly don't think that it is impacting anybody on high profile rides like 7DMT.

apparently yes they do but it requires that you have two separate accounts on MDX and bands linked to each. Some are even doing things like booking a throwaway room on the second account to get 60 days prebooking on each account.

I agree it's shady and unfair, loophole or not, rides that no one wants or not. Someone in another thread about pixie dust moments said he had magic bands with extra A&E FP+ on them and would give them to random families about to get on the sb line. While the though it nice, it's not fair to people that are legitimately trying to book A&E FP+ that someone else is hogging up enough to give them away.

apparently yes they do but it requires that you have two separate accounts on MDX and bands linked to each. Some are even doing things like booking a throwaway room on the second account to get 60 days prebooking on each account.

I hope Disney catches on. I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter