Do people really do this? Use 2 Magic Bands for 6 FP+??

They're all rookies ...I don't even need the FP's to enjoy myself
Well, some of us do. This will be my first trip in over 30 years, my 5 year old's first trip, and we likely will never go again, at least not for another 5+ years for sure.

I'm happy with my one MB...pink...and looking forward to reserving my rides in advance. It sounds like the rides booked at the Kiosks are not prime times, from what folks above are saying. It will be interesting to watch people around the parks to see if they are swapping their wrist bands out for other wrist bands. It will be like a hidden Mickey game. THE LOOK AND SEE WHO SWAPS OUT BANDS GAME. Lol...people are crazy for fun! I'm sure Disney will find a fix at some point.

I wouldn't do it because I do think it is shady, but I can understand the appeal of it. FP+ has made it so we get fewer fast passes than we did back when old FP was still in use. We are also standing in longer lines for rides that we never did FP in the past. We are unable to ride certain rides multiple times with minimal waits like we once did. And, we are spending more money to experience fewer passes, longer lines, and fewer rides. I get why people would be tempted to use multiple magic bands to get multiple passes. I don't think that they should, but I get the appeal.

I absolutely get the appeal. I even get that people think they're paying so much to be there that they're entitled to take advantage in every way they can, but Disney isn't losing anything to people taking advantage, their fellow park-goers are losing.

I always wonder what people do in their normal lives where things really matter if they're willing to go through this much trouble for a bonus ride on vacation.

The FPs being booked on the extra set of bands are really leftovers. Rides on things like Splash mountain later in the day. It is the same as somebody going to a kiosk after they have used their three and booking another. I honestly don't think that it is impacting anybody on high profile rides like 7DMT.

If it's the same thing then why aren't people just booking their 4th FP as usual without all the fuss and hassle?

I would rather book 4th fastpass mid morning than wait until my fastpasses have run out. I don't ever book a 4th on my actual band. I suppose I am doing the same thing, just earlier in the day. Our last fastpass is generally right before we leave the park around 1 and then we are done for the day. I have never hit the kiosk first thing and often wonder how many high profile fast passes are left for same day ticket holders.

It also allows APs to give their bands to family members if they aren't going that day and double book as well (and these would be prebooked ones, even better).

I can't believe Disney hasn't stopped this already. It seems like an easy fix to me.

There is a decent advantage to getting SDFPs early in the morning rather than after you use your three prebooked. Enough to drag around extra bands? Depends on what it's worth to you I guess.

I wish they would do it this way.

1. Cancel a reservation. Everything associated with it is canceled. No fast pass. No free parking.

2. Also to get the "other ticket" crowd... Use a Fast Pass associated with a ticket (your future ticket with the bogus extra FPs), that ticket is activated! Now the count down starts on the expiration date... You get your FPs... but you also just burned two tickets for the day and the clock ticks for expiration of both!

Would love to see it.

... Alas, I doubt they ever will. Sometimes it seems Disney likes to enable this kind of behavior.

It also makes it more reasonable to book a parade or fireworks FP. If you have three extra FPs, why not book that Wishes FP for the end of the night? You're not really giving anything up since you have the extra magic band.

It definitely makes for an uneven playing field, IMO, but such is life, I guess.

Wow, that is a lot of work for an extra FP. I'll just stick with the ones we have booked.

It also allows APs to give their bands to family members if they aren't going that day and double book as well (and these would be prebooked ones, even better).

Family members, friends, random guy on the street....

I think Disney did some of this to themselves by mailing out SO MANY duplicate copies of magic bands.

I have done this on a few trips when I went by myself. My wife and I have APs. I use both to reserve and use FP+ when in the park by myself. I have even talked to a few different CMs about it when I had problems with a FP+. They pointed out that the AP was my wife's, not mine. I told them what I was doing and they were totally fine with it - said it was not uncommon - and this was about a year ago.

I paid for the APs. I am not scamming Disney in any way. Park entrance is not a requirement right now. I would be foolish not to do this.

Those booking a trip that they have no intention of taking and canceling without paying after leveraging the phantom tickets for FP+ are scamming the system. That is pretty easy for Disney to stop. All they have to do is make these trips non-refundable if the tickets are used in this fashion. It would be easy to monitor and prove.

Last edited:
until disney find a way to stop this it will keep happening, assuming to be able to do this they are paying for a room and park passes? why would disney stop this! its making them money with less guests on property! yeah its cheating, yeah its dishonest but theres nothing that says you cant book multiple passes, multiple rooms during your stay.
(as far as im aware anyways)

I didn't scan that article very closely. But am I getting the idea that I can take our magic bands from a trip back in Sept 2013 that was booked on a completely different MDE account to the parks next month to use for extra fast passes?

I am not arguing the right or wrong, or even really planning on doing this (I am in the "that's a lot of work" camp), I just don't fully understand the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter