Dme....luggage only.....don't want to ride the bus!!!!!

Almost right!! Yes, you take any carryon bags with you to the DME counter and then onto the bus with you. If they are larger carryons, like a rollaboard, then the driver will put it under the bus.
Any checked bags that you tag with the yellow DME tags will be taken from the plane, sorted and put on resort trucks for delivery. You can expect them, in your room, up to 4 hrs after resort checkin. Later in the evening it usually takes less than that. If your flight arrived after 10pm, then your DME tagged bags would remain at MCO until the next morning, and then be delivered to you.
If you want to claim your own bags, at baggage claim, just don't tag them. When you get to MCO, head to your baggage claim area, get your bags and then head to DME checkin. Your bags will go under the bus. Keep in mind that any time a bus driver 'touches' your bag(s), they are going to expect a tip.
Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you! I'm going to copy this so I won't have to ask again. :goodvibes

Does everyone have to take the DME for your luggage to get to the resort? We're renting a car at the airport, but my Grandma and little sister are taking DME. Can we put the yellow tags on all of our luggage, even though only 2 people will be riding the bus?

Does everyone have to take the DME for your luggage to get to the resort? We're renting a car at the airport, but my Grandma and little sister are taking DME. Can we put the yellow tags on all of our luggage, even though only 2 people will be riding the bus?
Yes, that's fine. I think they will really enjoy the bus ride.

Thank you, that will make it easier for my Mom and me, so that we don't have drag our luggage through the airport. We should make it to the resort in the rental car and be checked in before the DME bus arrives.

Yes, we're sending my Grandma on the bus because it will be her first time in 10 years and I want her to get the full Disney experience.

A quick question after reading through the thread.....

After you've checked in, does anyone need to be in the room to accept your DME tagged luggage? We've made a ADR for early evening and we anticipate being out for a few hours.

A quick question after reading through the thread.....

After you've checked in, does anyone need to be in the room to accept your DME tagged luggage? We've made a ADR for early evening and we anticipate being out for a few hours.

No. They will leave the bags in your room for you. If you would like to leave a tip make sure it is clearly marked.

The CMs who deliver DME luggage to our rooms are "pre-tipped" by Disney. Tips aren't expected.

The CMs who deliver DME luggage to our rooms are "pre-tipped" by Disney. Tips aren't expected.
I agree.

In fact, one of the truly great things about DME is that you don't have to wait in your room for your bags to be delivered. After you check in, just drop your carry-ons in your room and go out and have fun. When you return to your room a few hours later, your bags will be in it. You won't even know if they were delivered 30 minutes or 3 hours after you checked in.

If you're in your room when your bags are brought up, tipping bell serves is not necessary. However, they can accept additional tips. If the person delivering your bags provides exceptional service and/or additional service (such as getting ice for you or helping you with something else), then an additional tip would be appropriate.

If you get help with your bags when you check out, the bell services person is NOT "pre-tipped" by Disney, even if you're using DME. So a tip would always be appropriate then.

I need a reminder of how and when we use ME for our return flight home. Our flight leaves at 12:30 pm. I know the bus will pick us up at 9:30. When will they need our luggage at bell services that am? We can call the day before to pay our luggage fees for the return flight, right? TIA

I need a reminder of how and when we use ME for our return flight home. Our flight leaves at 12:30 pm. I know the bus will pick us up at 9:30. When will they need our luggage at bell services that am? We can call the day before to pay our luggage fees for the return flight, right? TIA
Your bags have to be completely checked, boarding passes in hand, no less than 3 hrs before your flight departure time. Since you will be getting a bus around 9:30ish, I would take the luggage to the RAC counter before breakfast...maybe by 7:30ish. The line can get longish if you get there around 8..that's a very popular time to check bags at RAC.
You will receive a notification in your room the day before you depart. It will give you your bus pickup time, as well as a number to call to pay your checked bag fees. I usually jot down the conf. number I get for bag fee payments right on that noticification. Then I bring it with me to RAC just to have proof my fees have been paid.

Quick question about the trip back to MCO via a Town Car ... our flight leaves MCO at 6:30 pm, we'd like to go into the Parks during the day, as we're not expecting to leave the resort (Port Orleans French Quarter) until around 4 pm on our day of departure. We're flying Delta - can we check our bags at the resort and have them delivered to the Airport if we're taking a Town Car? Or do we have to take DME to check luggage at the resort?

Quick question about the trip back to MCO via a Town Car ... our flight leaves MCO at 6:30 pm, we'd like to go into the Parks during the day, as we're not expecting to leave the resort (Port Orleans French Quarter) until around 4 pm on our day of departure. We're flying Delta - can we check our bags at the resort and have them delivered to the Airport if we're taking a Town Car? Or do we have to take DME to check luggage at the resort?
Yes, you can check your bags, and get your boarding passes, at RAC that morning and then head out for the day. You will be given a number to call the day before to pay your checked baggage fees.
Then, if you have carryon bags, you could actually take them to the park with you and rent a locker for the day...then head to the nearest resort to be picked up. You could be picked up at a park but I like being picked up at a resort.

I did a search and didn't find anything about this although some were slightly similar but with different options...

So here's our plan:

- AMTRAK from NYC to Orlando AMTRAK Station
- Mears Taxi to MCO

Can I take the DME if I reserve ahead of time prior to arriving at MCO? Would there be any complications?

I am staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and have selected DME as ground transportation when booking.

Why am I not flying? I can't. After an injury after Desert Storm, my ears can't take the extreme cabin pressures anymore. Every time I fly, my ears feels like someone has taken a butter knife and started poking around in there.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Shouldn't be an issue. Did you check the possibility of arriving in Kissimee?? I believe some say it is closer to WDW...you could take a cab directly to AKL from there.

I recommend trying different options with the Mears Taxi Fare Estimator and/or the Taxi Fare Finder for Orlando.

Shouldn't be an issue. Did you check the possibility of arriving in Kissimee?? I believe some say it is closer to WDW...you could take a cab directly to AKL from there.
Yes, going from the Kissimmee Amtrak station to AKL is closer than from the Orlando Amtrak station to AKL (and thus a lower cab fare), but Kissimmee means a later arrival time coming from New York.

If it were my money, I would probably get off in Orlando and take a cab directly to AKL.

Taking a cab to the airport and then DME to AKL will save the most money, but I'm not sure it's worth wasting the time.

Once I get into a cab at the Amtrak station, I would want to go directly to AKL instead of arriving quite a bit later just to save a modest amount of money.

I did check that but it's only a mile or two difference. Too bad I have already purchased train tickets a few weeks ago.

Yes, going from the Kissimmee Amtrak station to AKL is closer than from the Orlando Amtrak station to AKL (and thus a lower cab fare), but Kissimmee means a later arrival time coming from New York.

If it were my money, I would probably get off in Orlando and take a cab directly to AKL.

Taking a cab to the airport and then DME to AKL will save the most money, but I'm not sure it's worth wasting the time.

Once I get into a cab at the Amtrak station, I would want to go directly to AKL instead of arriving quite a bit later just to save a modest amount of money.

Let me check with the wife if she wants to spend more time waiting for the DME or just cab it we did 2 years ago. Plus we won't be carrying a lot of luggage. It'll be just two airplane compliant small carry-on rollers.

Thanks guys! :)

So we decided to try the DME and a rental car. Bad idea. 1 of the 4 bags did not make it. Of course it was my bag, and had all the bathroom supplies in it. Just completely ruined the first day of our trip. Hopefully it appears tomorrow :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter