DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

For those still looking to join, there are charities that have space. Check runDisney for some that are there.

Does anyone know how many participants are accepted for each race?

Disneyland® Half Marathon Sold Out
Disneyland® 10K Sold Out
Dumbo Double Dare Sold Out
Disneyland® Family Fun Run 5K 84% Full
runDisney Kids Races 81% Full

I heard that the cap for the DDD was 5,000.

Not sure about the ½, but if it is keeping in line with every other ½ that runDisney facilitates, the entry field will increase from last year by 1,000-3,000.

I am sort of hoping that they kept the 10K & 5K participant field lower, given how quickly they filled.

Does anyone know how many participants are accepted for each race?

Someone posted a tweet from RunDisney on a DDD fb page that said 17,500 for the 1/2, 8,000 for the 10k and 5,000 for the DDD. I can never figure out if the 5,000 is included in the #'s for the 1/2 and 10k or in addition to. Usually the 5k is no more than 5,000, closer to 4,500 in the past.

Someone posted a tweet from RunDisney on a DDD fb page that said 17,500 for the 1/2, 8,000 for the 10k and 5,000 for the DDD. I can never figure out if the 5,000 is included in the #'s for the 1/2 and 10k or in addition to. Usually the 5k is no more than 5,000, closer to 4,500 in the past.

I was thinking that the 8,000 for the 10k includes the 5,000 for the DDD since it sounds like 3,600 preregistered and the race opened at 60% full (the 3,600 preregistered plus people who only preregistered for the 10k). At least I hope so! :)

Hey folks. I'm signed up for the HM, DW is in the 10k and DD and her husband are in for the Dumbo Double Dare. We all signed up in the first 30 minutes of open registration. DD and husband did the races in WDW two weeks ago (he did the HM, and she did the full), so they'll be getting the coast 2 coast medals as well.

Happy training!

I was thinking that the 8,000 for the 10k includes the 5,000 for the DDD since it sounds like 3,600 preregistered and the race opened at 60% full (the 3,600 preregistered plus people who only preregistered for the 10k). At least I hope so! :)

Thanks! I was thinking it was included, but wasn't 100%. I was trying to figure out how DL would hold 13 for the 10k and 22 for the 1/2. The streets are big, but the parks...:faint: I'm trying to imagine the 20+ they had at WDW in DL, and it isn't pretty. The 17+ in DL I'm used to; it doesn't sound like a big difference, but it sure seems like it when you're out there.

This Run Disney Blog posted these numbers:

"The Disneyland® Half Marathon
January 23
12:00:00

The launch of registration yesterday for the 2013 Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend was overwhelming! In just 24 hours, more than 28,000 of you have signed up to participate in Weekend events, including sell-outs of two inaugural events, the Dumbo Double Dare and the Disneyland® 10K. In fact, the Disneyland® Half Marathon, which took one month to reach capacity in 2012, is already 96% full and expected to close soon.

Thank you for filling the 2013 Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend faster than any event in runDisney history!"

So 28,000 people registered in the first 24 hours. At that point, the DDD and the 10K were sold out (full) and the 1/2 was above 90% full (and the 5K and kids races were in the 60% range). 28,000 is pretty close to 17,500 (1/2) plus 8,000 (10k) plus 5,000 (5k and kids races). That doesn't leave room for another 5,000 for Dumbo. Right? Is my math making sense?

Thanks! I was thinking it was included, but wasn't 100%. I was trying to figure out how DL would hold 13 for the 10k and 22 for the 1/2. The streets are big, but the parks...:faint: I'm trying to imagine the 20+ they had at WDW in DL, and it isn't pretty. The 17+ in DL I'm used to; it doesn't sound like a big difference, but it sure seems like it when you're out there.

I noticed the difference between 10,000 at Tink last year and 14,000 this year. I'll have to adjust to 17,500 now!

I registered for the 5k and 1/2 and this will be my very first half! In fact, I haven't even done my first 5k yet, that will be in March. I'm training for the next 7-months, and running five 5k's, a 10k, then the Disneyland races. This is a huge goal I set for myself for 2013 and I'm super excited! I just want to finish!

I am in for the D3! Did the WDW marathon two weeks ago so I will get C2C too. Been to WDW many times but this is my first trip to DL. We are staying at the Carousel. Any tips appreciated!!

So who here has done a runDisney race before?

I just did Tink and have Princess coming up and while I was at Tink I registered for Dumbo. I think I may have a runDisney problem! :rotfl:

I just did Tink and have Princess coming up and while I was at Tink I registered for Dumbo. I think I may have a runDisney problem! :rotfl:

:wave2:Me and the wife did the WDW 1/2 in Jan. now DL for the DDD and to get the C2C.
Planning on W&D in 2014 and going Goofy in 2015.

I can hardle believe that it is sold out. Luck for us, I booked back in Nov. for 82 bucks a night.:jumping1:

Nice!! I'll have to remember that for next year. I've been checking in Dec and getting $98, but I like $82 better. :goodvibes

:wave2:Me and the wife did the WDW 1/2 in Jan. now DL for the DDD and to get the C2C.
Planning on W&D in 2014 and going Goofy in 2015.

How'd you like the weather for WDW? My stomach wasn't good until dinner time after the race. But I finished which was good. I'm planning on Goofy in '15 too- it's the 10th for Goofy that year. And if you want a big celebration C2C, it's the 10th for DL too!

kim3339 said:
I'm planning on Goofy in '15 too- it's the 10th for Goofy that year. And if you want a big celebration C2C, it's the 10th for DL too!

I like your thinking. Goofy is a full right? Waiting til 2015 would be good for me as I am just becoming a runner.

I just did my first official half and full a couple weeks ago at the WDW Marathon weekend...and I'm hooked! I registered for the DDD to get 4 more medals (10k, half, Dumbo, C2C), and I'm looking at maybe going back to WDW for ToT 10 miler and probably back for another full Marathon next year! Ahhh!!! :banana:

I like your thinking. Goofy is a full right? Waiting til 2015 would be good for me as I am just becoming a runner.

Goofy is a half marathon + a full marathon (half on Sat, full on Sun). I did it for the first time this past WDW marathon weekend. It was fun. I trained for 7 months, and I'm a young college kid. I finished but tweaked my knee during the full so I didn't get as good of a time as I wanted. That's why next year I want to just do the full...redemption! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter