DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

So who here has done a runDisney race before?

I just did Tink and have Princess coming up and while I was at Tink I registered for Dumbo. I think I may have a runDisney problem! :rotfl:

I did the Disneyland Half last year with my Dad -- so much fun!!

REALLY want to get to some races at WDW but it's so far away from Hawaii.

Can't wait for September!! :banana:

I just did Tink and have Princess coming up and while I was at Tink I registered for Dumbo. I think I may have a runDisney problem! :rotfl:

I've done quite a few runDisney races. I'm addicted to the bling. I did the inaugural Wine & Dine, Tink, Tower, Chip & Dale Relay, and now will be adding the DDD to that list of inaugurals.

How'd you like the weather for WDW? My stomach wasn't good until dinner time after the race. But I finished which was good. I'm planning on Goofy in '15 too- it's the 10th for Goofy that year. And if you want a big celebration C2C, it's the 10th for DL too!

Definitely a hot one, I was so hoping for a typical Florida January morning. I was only going to do one C2C, but know you got me thinking.:scratchin

I definitely have a problem! Halloween 5k 2011, Family Fiesta 5K 2012, Princess Half 2012, Tower of Terror 2012, WDW Half 2013 and coming up: Princess Half 2013, Dumbo 2013, and most likely WDW Half 2014...haven't decided yet about Princess 2014 as my annual pass will have run out by then...

I think you have a peer pressure problem! :rotfl2:

I have reservations at BWPPI but am probably canceling to do GCH. my sister and my parents are all coming- and my sis really needs to be at GCH. I'm not complaining- but my wallet is groaning a bit. LOL Love that hotel though.

I'm getting kinda psyched about this. I go back and forth between WTH have I done- 2 races back to back in the heat of the summer? and HOLY COW THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! Praying for a random cool front on the half morning. I can suck up a hot 10K but really need to be coolish for that half.

Can't wait for the BLING!!!!

I think you have a peer pressure problem! :rotfl2:

I have reservations at BWPPI but am probably canceling to do GCH. my sister and my parents are all coming- and my sis really needs to be at GCH. I'm not complaining- but my wallet is groaning a bit. LOL Love that hotel though.

I'm getting kinda psyched about this. I go back and forth between WTH have I done- 2 races back to back in the heat of the summer? and HOLY COW THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! Praying for a random cool front on the half morning. I can suck up a hot 10K but really need to be coolish for that half.

Can't wait for the BLING!!!!

I think you may be right!

I'll be back at DLH with my kids for Dumbo so it will be a different race vacation this time but there was no way they were going to ever talk to me again if I didn't take them!

I'm a little worried about the heat too. The 10km doesn't worry me much because as long as we start early, should be done before it gets toooo hot but the half is frightening me a bit. I have no way to prepare to run in the heat and I become somewhat homicidal if I get too hot when I run. :blush:

Lots of experience Disney runners here! What's everyone's favourite thing about the Disney races?

I'm a little worried about the heat too. The 10km doesn't worry me much because as long as we start early, should be done before it gets toooo hot but the half is frightening me a bit. I have no way to prepare to run in the heat and I become somewhat homicidal if I get too hot when I run.

SoCal heat is not nearly as bad as the Florida heat. SoCal typically has very little humidity and is more in the category of "pleasantly warm", even in the summer. That's not to say it doesn't occasionally get hot, but it's nothing like Florida IMHO.

SoCal heat is not nearly as bad as the Florida heat. SoCal typically has very little humidity and is more in the category of "pleasantly warm", even in the summer. That's not to say it doesn't occasionally get hot, but it's nothing like Florida IMHO.

Thats good to hear - thanks Rich. :thumbsup2

wdwrich said:

Love this. I like pleasantly warm. :)

I've done quite a few runDisney races. I'm addicted to the bling. I did the inaugural Wine & Dine, Tink, Tower, Chip & Dale Relay, and now will be adding the DDD to that list of inaugurals.

Totally random, but I was looking at your signature, and it looks as though we may also be on the same cruise this October!! By the time the races come around, I will know for sure which cruise I will be on.

Totally random, but I was looking at your signature, and it looks as though we may also be on the same cruise this October!! By the time the races come around, I will know for sure which cruise I will be on.

Double Dip to Castaway Cay on the Magic out of Miami for my Grand Slam. :cool1::cool1: Yo ho, yo ho....a pirate's life for me.pirate:

So I got myself into a little trouble with the Tinker Bell Half this year and hasn't trained a whole lot because of my work schedule. I am not making that mistake again this year, especially with DDD! So I'm looking into joining a gym since I think I have a better shot if I'm using a treadmill and not relying on running outside (haven't found a place I trust just yet). Anyone have any experiences with either Planet Fitness or Work Out World. They are the cheapest I've really been able to find and that's something I need, lol.

So I got myself into a little trouble with the Tinker Bell Half this year and hasn't trained a whole lot because of my work schedule. I am not making that mistake again this year, especially with DDD! So I'm looking into joining a gym since I think I have a better shot if I'm using a treadmill and not relying on running outside (haven't found a place I trust just yet). Anyone have any experiences with either Planet Fitness or Work Out World. They are the cheapest I've really been able to find and that's something I need, lol.

I haven't heard of either of those gyms so not sure of their costs but if you have a Costco membership, they sell 2 year memberships to 24 Hour Fitness for $349. It sounds like a lot but it works out to be less than $15/month. It is for the Active level clubs (which are the only ones I have ever been too).

Word of warning on the treadmills, and I know everyone is different but treadmill running for me is torture and I only try to do the treadmills if the weather isn't good (or once we move in to orb-spider season - I hate running when they have their webs across the sidewalks and they get bad around us here in South County :crazy2: ). I swear the miles go backwards when I am on the treadmill though, would much rather be outside, the runs always seem to go by quicker.

Good luck with your training though - I am sure you are going to do great for the DDD!! :)

I have friends that love and swear by Planet Fitness.

Disneyluvr81 - My family are Costco members but I definitely can't spend that much at once right now. Paying for Dumbo was hard enough!! Man real life is hard when you're just starting out on your own! If I trusted places nearby to run outdoors I totally would. I miss my old route back home!

jeanigor - Thanks!

Disneyluvr81 - My family are Costco members but I definitely can't spend that much at once right now. Paying for Dumbo was hard enough!! Man real life is hard when you're just starting out on your own! If I trusted places nearby to run outdoors I totally would. I miss my old route back home!

jeanigor - Thanks!

Are there any trails near enough for you to drive to? That's usually what I do - not because I am worried about bad guys but because we live in a neighborhood without 8 million very steep hills. :)

I hear ya on that one! DDD was a tough one to swallow and probably a one time challenge for me! Something about getting 4 medals (the 3 for the races plus my Coast-to-Coast) was too had to pass up haha!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter