Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Here now having a great time and just wanted to submit a positive report

Room - 1652 - we arrived very very late 11pm on Saturday night and as I knew the resort was full we wouldn't get a room but we got exactly what I requested which admittedly was only alligator bayou, top floor, we didn't really care where, so we were very excited to get building 16. It's meant to be a garden view but as its on an inner corner it really just looks up a corridor, though you can sort of see garden - note we don't care and only got garden view as it was all that was available with our AP special.

Beds - no bugs, queens are a bit too soft and Murphy a bit hard, but still both quite comfortable after a big park day.
TV - great reception, but 81 channels and nothing to watch!
Wifi - no issues, the best we get is two bars and that is on one bed, the other bed only gets one bar, believe DS has done a full investigation of every inch of room, but he can still watch his YouTube videos so he is happy - we are not sure this is a great thing!

Mouse keeping - been absolutely fine, no issues with cleanliness or timing, the room has been done every day by the time we return around 4pm.

Buses - had a seat every ride and the longest wait we had was on our first day to DHS, but even that was less than 20mins, it was frustrating to see 3 MK buses while waiting though. Our bus stop is south depot and each time we had an empty bus show up there. On return trips from all parks it has been POFQ then west depot then all way round to south depot. Yesterday we had a race DH got off at west depot, and me and DS stayed on to SOuth depot, DH was first back at room, even with DS running from bus stop it took him 1 minute to get thee but DH beat him. Me at a slow plod after full park day took 2.5 minutes. The bus tv in south depot is hilarious as every 30 seconds it updates the times and so apart from knowing there is definitely a bus on the way, it doesn't really help with the exact time a bus will come, it can be many minutes out. We make a game out of predicting which bus will actually get there first.

Food court - first night at around 6:30 pm very crowded, and as DS likes make your own pasta we always have long wait, first night probably took 30 minutes, last night though again around 6:30pm it took around 20minutes. But there have been lots of tables available every night.

Arcade - love it, lots to do for DS8 - we have to ration the amount of points he can use each visit or we will go broke.
laundry - great very close and fast, but why this doesn't use magic bands and room charge is strange to me, have to use credit card.

Pool - ok, this is my only disappointment, they are cold, the water in them is cold. I know you are thinking why go swimming in December but we are from Tasmania Australis and so while all you forum people are talking about needing jumpers and gloves we are wandering around in tshirts. It is quite warm for us. But the pool water is just too cool for a long swim, we have lasted 30 minutes and we have tried main pool and quiet pool.

Overall, super happy, this is our second visit, and glad we returned and would again

nherbert glad to hear you're enjoying POR. I love the pasta bar too. Huge portion, my adult daughter & I share it.
I find wifi sketchy too. It depends where your room is located in relation to the hub? Last time we had 1bar at best. Sometimes at peak usage I had to walk down the outside walkway searching for bars. I did call and was given the phone # for their internet guys who did come check and they said they tweeked it and boosted signal, Helped minimally.
So in the mornings I just walked down to room where signal was strong to get on MDE to take a screen shot of my FPs for the day :-)

Nervous about Feb trip!!! I have 2 preferred rooms booked for 6 nights but wondering if I should change to a different resort. My family would have to take a golf cart to another resort for the fun pool and since we are closest to south depot would be last to get on. Do I have that right? It looks like the only advantage would be that we're close to the pasta bar!! This a gift for two little grandaughters and I want it to be amazing.

Nervous My family would have to take a golf cart to another resort for the fun pool and since we are closest to south depot would be last to get on.

There are five other pools, including one very close to the Preferred buildings. Admittedly those don't have slides, but the kids would still enjoy them (my DD has always preferred the 'quiet' pools in fact). The 'golf carts' over to French Quarter would go from the main building area anyway, so you'd be in an ideal positon to catch one if you wanted to (or to be honest, it's only a ten minute walk over to FQ anyway). I really wouldn't let it worry you too much. Oh, and if you do go to swim in February, I'd suggest plan to get dressed again in the changing rooms by the pool, rather than travelling back to Riverside wet - the pools may be heated, but the air isn't!

Andre

I've just updated http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php with the info on the revised bus routing which started a few days ago.

The changes seem to make the service generally more consistent and predicable, with the main details to take away being:
  • Buses now start at 7am (whereas the first buses used to be around 6:45am).
  • The first few buses of the day will run shared FQ/POR routes for all destinations (apart from AK for some reason?).
  • More routes now run independent services, rather than having so many shared POR/POFQ services. Both MK and Studios now seem to have a fully independent service all day, rather than sharing.
  • Whenever buses are shared, the first call is now always FQ rather than RS (it used to vary a bit park-by-park).
  • The Riverside internal route is now consistently West > North > East > South for all park buses (except the Disney Springs / Internal Shuttle route which calls at South first).
The full details are on the site anyway.

Andre

I've just updated http://www.portorleans.org/buses.php with the info on the revised bus routing which started a few days ago.

The changes seem to make the service generally more consistent and predicable, with the main details to take away being:
  • Buses now start at 7am (whereas the first buses used to be around 6:45am).
  • The first few buses of the day will run shared FQ/POR routes for all destinations (apart from AK for some reason?).
  • More routes now run independent services, rather than having so many shared POR/POFQ services. Both MK and Studios now seem to have a fully independent service all day, rather than sharing.
  • Whenever buses are shared, the first call is now always FQ rather than RS (it used to vary a bit park-by-park).
  • The Riverside internal route is now consistently West > North > East > South for all park buses (except the Disney Springs / Internal Shuttle route which calls at South first).
The full details are on the site anyway.

Andre

Hmmm... I have 8 AM ADRs at every park except Epcot. Is being at the bus stop at 7 am going to leave me enough time to get there?

Hmmm... I have 8 AM ADRs at every park except Epcot. Is being at the bus stop at 7 am going to leave me enough time to get there?

Yeah, you'll be fine. If you get on the first 7am bus you should be through bag-check at the park gates by about 7:25 or so (a bit longer for Animal Kingdom, but still plenty of time).

Andre

There are five other pools, including one very close to the Preferred buildings. Admittedly those don't have slides, but the kids would still enjoy them (my DD has always preferred the 'quiet' pools in fact). The 'golf carts' over to French Quarter would go from the main building area anyway, so you'd be in an ideal positon to catch one if you wanted to (or to be honest, it's only a ten minute walk over to FQ anyway). I really wouldn't let it worry you too much. Oh, and if you do go to swim in February, I'd suggest plan to get dressed again in the changing rooms by the pool, rather than travelling back to Riverside wet - the pools may be heated, but the air isn't!

Andre
Thanks for the input Andre!

A few questions about the boat to Disney Springs - how long of a ride is it and how often do they run?
Also - what hours do they run?

A few questions about the boat to Disney Springs - how long of a ride is it and how often do they run?
Also - what hours do they run?
They start around 10am and the last boat back is at 11:30pm. They always make an announcement on the boat.
During the day it stops at FQ and run every 20 minutes. After 4pm they now go direct to Disney Springs . On our last trip the boat to Riverside was every 10 minutes. The ride is about 20 mins or so.

Just got back from POR. LOVED it! Will never stay anywhere else. We got the building we requested (14). Loved the room. Swam mostly in the quite pool closest to our room and we were alone most of the time. Very relaxing resort. Loved the food at the food court.

We are supposed to stay at POR in March and it will be 3 adults and 2 kids (ages 3.5 and 5) so I know we will be in the Alligator Bayou. I was looking at the pictures on POR.org and have a question about the bedding.

It looks like it's just a sheet on the bed. Are there blankets on the beds? I'm weird and have to have more than just a sheet to sleep. So are there blankets? Also is there a blanket for the murphy bed?

Here now (have been since Sunday) and since the munchkin is napping thought I would chime in. Sent a fax Thursday and got everything requested AB, ground floor ready as early as possible. Strange and only crappy part of the check in process was that my parents room was in bldg 85 even though they were linked and we requested on the phone and fax that they be close. Within 20 minutes of our call to the front desk they were moved to the room above us. Called housekeeping for a pack n play and it was broken. Another one was sent down all set up within 10 minutes. Used garden grocer and bell services had them up in about 20 minutes. Busses has not been bad. Usually west is first. Except Epcot this morning randomly was not. We used the quiet pool and it was warm (warmer than the ymca at home! Weather has been warm and enjoyable (we normally go in September so it's hot). I'll try to check in incase anyone has questions!

We are supposed to stay at POR in March and it will be 3 adults and 2 kids (ages 3.5 and 5) so I know we will be in the Alligator Bayou. I was looking at the pictures on POR.org and have a question about the bedding.

It looks like it's just a sheet on the bed. Are there blankets on the beds? I'm weird and have to have more than just a sheet to sleep. So are there blankets? Also is there a blanket for the murphy bed?

The way they make the bed is called triple sheeting - they use one for the fitted sheet and then the blanket gets sandwiched in between 2 additional sheets. I would assume they provide a blanket for the Murphy bed.

The way they make the bed is called triple sheeting - they use one for the fitted sheet and then the blanket gets sandwiched in between 2 additional sheets. I would assume they provide a blanket for the Murphy bed.

Thank you! I hate this trend that most hotels are going with now. I miss having a comforter type blanket.

5 days out to Home Sweet Home :-)! I sent my fax from Staples this morning. Had to send two times bc the clerk and I weren't sure if it went through correctly. The clerk told me to try again (3rd try), but I didn't want to upset the POR ppl by sending repeated faxes...then not getting any requests bc I was being annoying with repeated faxes. Andre, I called the number on your website and asked to be connected to the room allocation team at POR to double check my requests were on my ressie. The CM who answered said they do not have a direct number for that, but then connected me to them...guessing maybe she misunderstood and thought I wanted the number? In any event, "Orlando" (CM) came on the phone. Without asking any questions about my requests, he said that he sees the information and "those requests were granted". Looking forward to a magical stay in 5 days! It's been a heck of a week...saw a horrific car accident with a deceased person in the road, son has strep throat, daughter has questionable strep throat, daughter had tooth pulled on Tuesday, I had root canal Friday, refrigerator leaked water all over the kitchen floor. Disney, take me away!!!

We had a message on our phone last night saying we were enrolled in the express checkout and wouldn't need to stop by the front desk this morning. They also said our bill would be emailed to us. It's 6:30 pm now and still haven't received an email. I guess I should've just went ahead and stopped by the front desk this morning to get a copy. Anybody else have a delayed email or have a good number to get in contact with someone actually at Riverside? Thanks!

Anybody else have a delayed email or have a good number to get in contact with someone actually at Riverside? Thanks!

Most likely the email address has been mis-entered on the reservation held by the resort (happened to a friend of mine). Just call the regular number for the resort and ask them to check, and if they can't sort it out at the call center ask to be transferred to someone on-site.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter