Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I think we have decided to stay at Riverside in October 2016, 2 kids both boys ages 10 and 14. Do you think this resort will be ok for them?

Arrived yesterday for a quick 3 night visit to see DD. Originally booked FW cabin because nothing was availBle, but kept looking online and a PO Riverside opened up. Stayed here years ago when it was still Dixie Landings. It's a handicap corner room. Not thrilled about that. Only one sink & it's one big bathroom with a roll in shower. I must admit, I prefer PO French Quarter much better. This place is just too big/spread out for me. I'm glad I booked our Christmas trip early enough to stay at POFQ.

random question....during the holidays does the bus still play the regular music or is that updated to holiday music? I absolutely love the background music on the bus! obviously I wouldn't care either way but was just curious. 24 more days (which feels like an eternity!)

I think we have decided to stay at Riverside in October 2016, 2 kids both boys ages 10 and 14. Do you think this resort will be ok for them?

We stayed there in September with my nephew age 12 and niece age 9. They both really liked it. CBR is still their favorite moderate but they really enjoyed POR. I'm sure this will be perfect for your boys.

I would love to surprise my daughter but hubster can't keep a secret to save his life lol....he's such a kid. We thought of trying a different resort but quickly changed our minds because we LOVE Riverside soooo much.

I have tried to surprise the my kids too. My husband cracked and told them. I think he was more excited.

I have tried to surprise the my kids too. My husband cracked and told them. I think he was more excited.

We surprised our oldest in 2012, it was great. Said we were taking a friend to the airport to visit her sister and she was just there to take our car home.
We surprised them last year by giving it as a Christmukkah present and we were going 9 days later.

Right now, our oldest thinks we are going in October, but we are really going in May and it's going to be a pick him up at school early for a "doctor" appt and head to the airport. Hopefully it works!

We surprised our oldest in 2012, it was great. Said we were taking a friend to the airport to visit her sister and she was just there to take our car home.
We surprised them last year by giving it as a Christmukkah present and we were going 9 days later.

Right now, our oldest thinks we are going in October, but we are really going in May and it's going to be a pick him up at school early for a "doctor" appt and head to the airport. Hopefully it works!

Those sound like so much fun. I have given up trying. My husband can only wait about 2 months before he tells them everything. I want to surprise them for 2 reasons. I want to see the excitement on their faces and 2 then I don't have to hear when are we going over and over again until we leave. :)

My son, 15, loves POR. We've stayed at Movies, Wilderness Lodge, and POR with him. He even prefers POR over WL! In fact, it is both my kids' favorite (DD9). I'm sure you're boys will love it...After all, what's not to love :-)!!!

We just switched to POR pool view for Sept.... We have stayed at CSR 3 years in a row and while we love it there we wanted to try somewhere new.....

We just switched to POR pool view for Sept.... We have stayed at CSR 3 years in a row and while we love it there we wanted to try somewhere new.....

You will not be disappointed in the slightest. Just walking the grounds is a vacation in itself.

I saw on Twitter a couple days ago that the resorts are replacing the room clocks with USB/power outlets. Can anyone confirm if this is true and if it has made it to Port Orleans yet. It'd be one less thing for me to pack for our trip! :thumbsup2

Can anyone who is at POR currently or been there recently confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Just returned Saturday from another amazing trip and another amazing stay at Riverside! I got the room that I requested doing the TP room request fax. I was booked in a GV Royal Room, but ended up being upgraded to a Pool View room in Oak Manor! Loved it! I actually love the feel of this resort, how spread out it is, how quiet it is.. looking online prior to the trip and seeing no rooms available really worried me, but it definitely did not seem like the resort was booked up, it was SO quiet and relaxing.. it reminded me again of why I always love staying there. We have decided that for our Sept 2016 trip, we will be staying POR! So excited!

We also had ZERO issues with the buses! The screen with the times at the South Depot was almost always accurate and very helpful. I had great luck.. I never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus going to the parks. And leaving the parks to go back to POR was not bad at all. I just hate when they pack everyone in like sardines - it is so frustrating and unsafe.

Last edited:
looking online prior to the trip and seeing no rooms available really worried me, but it definitely did not seem like the resort was booked up, it was SO quiet and relaxing..

That's one of the remarkable things about POR. In fact it runs at close to 100% occupancy for most of the year, but you'd never know that there were 2,000 other occupied rooms around the resort, it always feels so quiet and relaxed. Well, except for maybe the food court at breakfast time - I don't think the original scale and design anticipated quite the amount of guests that it would be dealing with on a daily basis; 100% occupancy is just not normal for a hotel.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter