Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Got here yesterday. Our room is two down from what we requested but we requested a corner which obviously are limited. Have a nice view in Oak Manor so overall happy!

Visiting POR for the first time in January and was wondering how likely it is to request a murphy bed room and get it? We have 2 other adults traveling with us that aren't a couple and it would make things a lot easier to have the extra space for sleeping accommodations.

Thanks!

Visiting POR for the first time in January and was wondering how likely it is to request a murphy bed room and get it? We have 2 other adults traveling with us that aren't a couple and it would make things a lot easier to have the extra space for sleeping accommodations.

Thanks!
If you book "preferred" you will be guaranteed to get one. Otherwise I would think you're taking your chances. If it's that important than I would pay the extra $30 a night for preferred. I booked a preferred room for that exact reason, knowing that my DS6 would be in HEAVEN in that little bed.

On that note, I hope the adult that will be sleeping on the trundle bed knows that it's about the size of a toddler bed, smaller than a regular twin.

~Cari~ pluto:

If you book "preferred" you will be guaranteed to get one. Otherwise I would think you're taking your chances. If it's that important than I would pay the extra $30 a night for preferred. I booked a preferred room for that exact reason, knowing that my DS6 would be in HEAVEN in that little bed.

On that note, I hope the adult that will be sleeping on the trundle bed knows that it's about the size of a toddler bed, smaller than a regular twin.

~Cari~ pluto:

My sister is pretty little so we think it should work fine. Do all of the alligator bayou rooms have them?

My sister is pretty little so we think it should work fine. Do all of the alligator bayou rooms have them?
Yes, all AB rooms have the trundle beds. None of the magnolia rooms have them.

~Cari~ pluto:

After two years of effort we are currently in Colombia adopting twin teen girls. We are Disney fans from Minnesota, having visited WDW many times including several stays at POR. Our new daughters love Disney, and even dressed up as Minnie and Minnie Mouse for Halloween here in Colombia. We will be planning a WDW trip to POR with the kids next fall sometime. Our girls will love it!

Congrats! Our son is from China (& the process took 4 1/2 yrs start to finish so I feel your pain)
Have a great trip & safe travel.

Does anyone know what the best way to get to Animal Kingdom Lodge from the hotel?

Does anyone know what the best way to get to Animal Kingdom Lodge from the hotel?

If by best you mean fastest, taking a cab is almost always going to be the fastest way to get from one resort to another. If you want to use Disney transportation, take the bus to AK, then take the bus to AKL.

Hi,

We are going for the first time to POR in January and have reserved a preferred room (mainly because I don't want my 4 year old to be kicking me all night :) and like the close proximity to things. However, in looking at the room locations on the portorleans.org website I see that some of them may face a parking lot which I don't like. Thus, I would like to specify a room - ideally away from the parking lot. For those of who you've stayed in a preferred room: 1) what type of room would you recommend and 2) how would I specify it on the room request fax?

Many thanks!

Can anyone tell me more about the campfire or outdoor movies? I just saw the schedule and if we have an early night home from the parks, I was curious about these. Has anyone gone? Any reviews?

For the movie, where do you sit, would I need to bring a blanket?

Can anyone tell me more about the campfire or outdoor movies? I just saw the schedule and if we have an early night home from the parks, I was curious about these. Has anyone gone? Any reviews?

For the movie, where do you sit, would I need to bring a blanket?

If I recall, I think they have towels. I've never gone, but I stayed in Oak Manor this year and it was right outside my building. It looked like fun! They put it on one of those big inflatable screens.

We are surprising our kids with another vacation. It's so much more fun that way. We had been thinking about staying in a deluxe, but I asked my son where he'd want to stay on a "future" vacation and he said, "Port Orleans Riverside, because that's our home!" I couldn't agree more!

We're staying at POR for the first time! We will be in a royal guest room with a garden view. Our priority is the first floor, but I'm curious which building most prefer. I generally don't request specific buildings, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to request one over the other. Any suggestions?

We are surprising our kids with another vacation. It's so much more fun that way. We had been thinking about staying in a deluxe, but I asked my son where he'd want to stay on a "future" vacation and he said, "Port Orleans Riverside, because that's our home!" I couldn't agree more!
I would love to surprise my daughter but hubster can't keep a secret to save his life lol....he's such a kid. We thought of trying a different resort but quickly changed our minds because we LOVE Riverside soooo much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter