Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

This will be our first visit to POR so not super familiar with the resort yet (learning lots here). Is there a room close to food court & bus stop which also has elevators? Elevator is lowest priority of those but would help as I have a bad knee.
Thanks
Cyndi

The mansion buildings have elevators.

Hard to tell from the map, which is closer to the food court, etc Magnolia or bldg 16/17? Is a mansion room an upgrade? We

We will be arriving on 8/13, and are booked in a king bed room. I wanted a preferred room, but since you can't pick both we chose king bed. My question is what should I request when I fax my requests in to get us close to the main area as I will be 28 week pregnant at the time? we will also be there for our 1st anniversary, and are making it a BabyMoon trip for my husband and I.
Second question; Does POR offer fans delivered to your room if requested?

Hard to tell from the map, which is closer to the food court, etc Magnolia or bldg 16/17? Is a mansion room an upgrade? We

There's not an awful lot in it. The closest rooms in Magnolia Terrace would probably just about be the best - however if you wanted to use the elevators, you'd need to walk all the way over to the central section and then back again, somewhat defeating the object. On the other hand, the AB buildings are all two-story, and so they don't have elevators anyway. Whichever, if someone in your party has mobility issues and you also want to be a fairly short walk from the main building, a ground floor room would be preferable.

We will be arriving on 8/13, and are booked in a king bed room. I wanted a preferred room, but since you can't pick both we chose king bed.

You can indeed have both, as King Bed rooms aren't limited to any particular locations. So for example you could request a King Bed room in buildings 14 or 18 if you want, or a river view King Bed room in Magnolia Terrace right next to the bridge to the main buildings (which would be my choice I think, they are really lovely locations). See the floorplan maps on my site, any room colour purple is an option for a King Bed booking.

POR has ceiling fans, and also air cons units.

Andre

Anyone stayed in a corner unit in the bayou? I'm thinking it might be nice to stay in a corner unit with an extra window but wonder if it worth the treck if we are located way at the far end of the bayou away from the main building LOL
We had a corner room in June. It was great. I sent a fax using the template as a guide and got everything we asked for. AB section, upper floor, corner room, and close to the main building (w/o adding the preferred upgrade). We were in building 16 (#1664) and it was a great location.

We are staying in a Garden View Royal Room soon as was wondering if it is far from Parterre to foot bridge to main building. Just wondering if I should put in a request to be closest to the bridge or if anywhere in the Royal Room section is fine (it doesn't look all that far on the map).

We just booked our 1st trip to WDW for June and are staying at POR River View. Question us there a way to request a room with the trundle bed when there are only 4 of us? My DD has restless leg syndrome and whomever sleeps with her will be black and blue before the trips over:( I wasn't sure if it's even an option. We normally just pack an army cot to bring along.

I guess I should also ask if people prefer Oak Manor or Parterre and, if so, why?
I am booked in a garden view Royal Room in Nov and I am requesting Oak Manor... stayed in a royal room in that building in 2013 and loved it! Both buildings are great as far as location and the foot bridge is right between both of them pretty much. I just loved being on the river side of Oak Manor.. the fountain and grounds in that area were just beautiful and I always made it a point to sit outside each day and just relax when we take breaks midday. It was only about a 3 minute walk to the main building and south depot bus stop, so it worked out really well.

You could request a VIP deep clean before you arrive, and also mention that A/C is a possible problem for you and perhaps ask for a room where the unit has recently been maintained and the filters changed?

Andre
Can you tell me about the VIP cleaning? What is it and who can request it? Thanks - I am loving this information…and the positive tone of this thread.

Thanks,

Wendy

Can you tell me about the VIP cleaning? What is it and who can request it? Thanks - I am loving this information…and the positive tone of this thread.

Thanks,

Wendy

It's a deep cleaning/shampooing of the carpets, they replace the A/C Filter if there is one, they wash all the bedding with hypoallergenic detergent. Anyone can request it. Sometimes in our group we have an asthmatic who is very sensitive to some allergens. We have a trouble free stay every time when we request the VIP Cleaning.

I guess I should also ask if people prefer Oak Manor or Parterre and, if so, why?
I prefer Oak Manor. We had a garden view room of the Front Garden (courtyard Riverside of building) looking out to the fountain. I was very close to elevator, foot bridge to main buildings, quiet pool was just behind our room, and close to bus stop behind parking lot, which I prefer over main depot. Also not too far from main pool.

When we stayed in Parterre we were at the very end, almost in POFQ!! I had a river view, but just felt it was too far form things.

We are staying in a Garden View Royal Room soon as was wondering if it is far from Parterre to foot bridge to main building.

Yes and no... :) Garden View rooms can be located anywhere within a building except directly facing the parking lots, so while there are some excellent rooms right next to the footbridge leading to the main buildings, if you get placed at the other end of Parterre you might have a bit of a trek. To be honest though, the same applies to Oak Manor - although that whole building is more central generally, so it's less of a concern there. I'd suggest send a fax asking for what you WANT (i.e. to be close to the footbridge leading to the main building) rather than asking for either mansion building in particular. You could give a room number range in Parterre as an example of the sort of area you'd like.

We just booked our 1st trip to WDW for June and are staying at POR River View. Question us there a way to request a room with the trundle bed when there are only 4 of us?

Sure, just ask for an Alligator Bayou room (stating that you are requesting it for the extra bed). There are actually more regular rooms within AB than there are in the mansion buildings, so random chance is on your side anyway. Requests are not guaranteed of course, but if you fax 3-5 days before arrival we find the success rate is pretty good.

Andre

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone knew about the laundry machines. Do they only take credit cards? We are there for 11 days but are only bringing about six days worth of clothes. We always do laundry on our trip, and i just want to know if i should start hording the us quarters when we get to disney.

Just wondering if anyone knew about the laundry machines. Do they only take credit cards? We are there for 11 days but are only bringing about six days worth of clothes. We always do laundry on our trip, and i just want to know if i should start hording the us quarters when we get to disney.

From Andre's awesome portorleans.org

Laundry
<p class='warning'>Please enable Javascript!</p>
The “Laundry on the Levee” room near to the swimming pool at French Quarter

Washing machines and dryers are located in laundry rooms near to each of the quiet pools at Riverside and also behind Mardi Grogs (near to the Doubloon Lagoon pool) at French Quarter. Washing costs $2.50 per load (price was increased from $2.00 on 28 April 2015) and individual portions of various detergents/etc — currently Tide, Clorox, Ultra-Downy and Bounce — are available for a further $1 if you haven’t brought your own. The dryers now also cost $2.50 per hour.

The French Quarter laundry room has 16 washers and 24 dryers, each of the three Alligator Bayou rooms have 8 washers and 12 dryers, and the two Mangolia Bends rooms have 10 washers and 16 dryers each.

The location of these laundry facilities is very convenient as you can set a machine load going and then take a relaxing dip in the pool while you’re waiting for it to finish. The machines are available 24 hours, but if you’re a night-owl and plan to use the laundry rooms after midnight you’ll need to take your Magic Band to gain access.

Following a successful trial period at French Quarter, as from April 2015 all of the Port Orleans laundry machines now feature cashless terminals which are only able to accept card payments. As Disney is using an off-the-shelf payment processing solution, there is no facility for guests to pay using Magic Bands or even old-style Disney Key to the World cards. However, since no ZIP code or PIN entry is required, most credit, debit or pre-loaded dollar payment cards should work - including internationally issued cards - just as long as there is a magnetic stripe on the back.

The new machines are now also internet connected. Yes, really! You can check on the current status of any of the washers and driers at Port Orleans via the website
www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ using either a computer or a mobile device, which allows you check for available machines and also to see when your own load is finished.

There is also a valet laundry service available weekdays and Saturday for which there should be a large laundry bag in your room. Place your items in the bag and fill out the form and it will be collected and then returned the next day. For express service, drop the bag off at Bell Services before 8:30am and it will be returned by 6:30pm the same day. It might be worth checking the rather expensive price list before you use the facility though!

You could request a VIP deep clean before you arrive, and also mention that A/C is a possible problem for you and perhaps ask for a room where the unit has recently been maintained and the filters changed?

Andre
Thank you Andre, does this cost extra and if it does I may just ask at arrival for a room with a newly changed filter, or maybe call and but in a request...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter