Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

My trip is getting closer and I keep changing the room fax in touringplans. I have a garden room in AB (we have 5 people), where should I pick? I keep going between building 39 and 26. But I have no clue if they are good choices. I might just delete my request on touringplans and just let POR decide for me.

Thank you Andre, does this cost extra and if it does I may just ask at arrival for a room with a newly changed filter, or maybe call and but in a request...

No, there's no charge for the VIP cleaning. I would request it before you arrive.

Thank you Andre, does this cost extra and if it does I may just ask at arrival for a room with a newly changed filter, or maybe call and but in a request...

No charge, it's just something they can do to help people with medical conditions such as allergies, asthma, etc. But you do need to let them know in advance, and also be prepared to find your room might not be ready yet if you arrive early in the day.

Andre

No charge, it's just something they can do to help people with medical conditions such as allergies, asthma, etc. But you do need to let them know in advance, and also be prepared to find your room might not be ready yet if you arrive early in the day.

Andre
Thank you that is good news, my husband thought he read somewhere it was extra money for the VIP treatment .... I will call and set this up soon...

My trip is getting closer and I keep changing the room fax in touringplans. I have a garden room in AB (we have 5 people), where should I pick? I keep going between building 39 and 26. But I have no clue if they are good choices. I might just delete my request on touringplans and just let POR decide for me.

Well, why do you want those particular buildings? I would describe what you want, rather than specify a building number.

Well, why do you want those particular buildings? I would describe what you want, rather than specify a building number.

I agree here. Asking for specific building and rooms is kind of request overload from complaints I've seen here. I have had luck with room facing the sun and asking for 1st floor.

I went back and forth between garden and preferred room and now I'm regretting not going with the perferred. I was thinking I wanted to be near the pool and food court, but that doesn't seem possible. Now I'm thinking maybe I should request a room near the parking lot that way if I need to we can drive to the food court.

I went back and forth between garden and preferred room and now I'm regretting not going with the perferred. I was thinking I wanted to be near the pool and food court, but that doesn't seem possible. Now I'm thinking maybe I should request a room near the parking lot that way if I need to we can drive to the food court.

On our first visit, I think I simply requested AB, first floor, and got 1632. So building 16 facing the parking lot. It felt like a pretty short walk to the main building. This second trip, I requested first floor, AB, and said close to main building, prefer building 16 or 17. We got 1708 which was very close to the quiet pool, a lovely site, and again felt pretty close to the food court, though obviously "close" is subjective. I will say we only did the main pool once, it wasn't a ridiculously long hike, but with the quiet pool almost right outside our room it was just easier!

Another room request question--we are traveling with my parents, all staying in POR Royal pool view rooms in October. It doesn't matter where our room is although we'd like to be close to them if possible, but my mom is undergoing chemo and only has one lung, so being close to the foot bridge and on the ground floor would be really helpful for her. Can I send a fax with the requests for my parents and then include that we'd like to be near them if that's possible, as long as we have both of our confirmation numbers listed on it? Or do we need to send to separate ones since we have separate reservations?

Another room request question--we are traveling with my parents, all staying in POR Royal pool view rooms in October. It doesn't matter where our room is although we'd like to be close to them if possible, but my mom is undergoing chemo and only has one lung, so being close to the foot bridge and on the ground floor would be really helpful for her. Can I send a fax with the requests for my parents and then include that we'd like to be near them if that's possible, as long as we have both of our confirmation numbers listed on it? Or do we need to send to separate ones since we have separate reservations?

One fax would be the way to go. Just please do include both reservation numbers.

Hello all, I am back again. I have had to take some time to take care of a few things. Not sure on how much but I know I must have missed a lot.
Very glad to have you back. We almost sent out the bloodhounds to find you. :)

It's a deep cleaning/shampooing of the carpets, they replace the A/C Filter if there is one, they wash all the bedding with hypoallergenic detergent. Anyone can request it. Sometimes in our group we have an asthmatic who is very sensitive to some allergens. We have a trouble free stay every time when we request the VIP Cleaning.
Great info on this! Thanks!
Would this add a much longer wait for the room to be ready?

Just saw a post on another Unofficial Disney Fan website that said Ol' Man River Pool at Riverside was going to be closed for refurbishment from January 11 through February 2, 2016. I didn't see anything about this on Andre's site. Anyone know if that info is correct?

We're trying to decide between booking a Royal Room - Standard or just a Standard mansion room and we've been seeing different pictures of the Royal Rooms. Some of the Royal Rooms had more decorative bedspreads and some Royal Rooms had just plain white sheets? (It doesn't even look like there is a bedspread). Can anyone tell me what the rooms currently look like? Do they currently have the more fancy bedspread? This may question may seem insignificant but if I'm going to pay an extra $50-$60/night for a Royal Room, than I think it should look a bit fancier than the plain standard rooms. Thank you!

POR-Room-Royal-2014-4650_large.jpg
We're trying to decide between booking a Royal Room - Standard or just a Standard mansion room and we've been seeing different pictures of the Royal Rooms. Some of the Royal Rooms had more decorative bedspreads and some Royal Rooms had just plain white sheets? (It doesn't even look like there is a bedspread). Can anyone tell me what the rooms currently look like? Do they currently have the more fancy bedspread? This may question may seem insignificant but if I'm going to pay an extra $50-$60/night for a Royal Room, than I think it should look a bit fancier than the plain standard rooms. Thank you!

WDW got rid of the bedspreads in all their rooms. Here is the what the Royal Room looks like currently from Andre's awesome portorleans.org

Sorry about your mom. My mom also has health issues. Just an FYI, we rented an ECV for mom when we visited WDW. Biggest mistake we made. Could not get on the trains or some of the boats. Often had to wait for a bus with space for the ECV. Mom had problems getting it on/off the buses & once hit a curb & tipped the ECV. If your mom tires easily, rent a wheelchair. Its a little more work to push but it folds & can get on all the modes of transport & rides. Apple Scooter rents them & was great to work with.

Hi everyone, love this thread, well done and very informative... Odd question here, but for me important. Usually stay in Deluxe but our daughter always wanted to do a Royal guest room. So for the room and the charm of this resort we are here Christmas time. I am allergic to mold spores, like very much so to the point of getting sinus infection and lung infection. How are the A/C in the rooms, anyone have a sensitive nose and smelled mildew coming from them when they are on... Sorry for the strange question but this may be a deal breaker for us staying here even though we are impressed with the feel and warmth of the resort... Thank you
Hi... for what it's worth I am also very very allergic to mold and have stayed at POR twice with no problems.

Hi... for what it's worth I am also very very allergic to mold and have stayed at POR twice with no problems.
That is truly fantastic to hear... Last stay at a moderate was Caribbean Beach in 98 and I got a lung infection type sickness. Stood deluxe only after that with the central air system... thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter