Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Is Yeeha Bob performing the last week of September? I just looked up his schedule on his website and it didn't show anything for Sept. 30.

Is Yeeha Bob performing the last week of September? I just looked up his schedule on his website and it didn't show anything for Sept. 30.

Andre has the following info listed his website: www.portorleans.org The dates do not include September but hopefully he'll be back at POR by late August.

River Roost lounge entertainer "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson will be taking some personal time off to recover from outpatient surgery from 11-20 August 2015. Presumably Disney will be providing alternate entertainment for Port Orleans Riverside guests in the meantime.

Hope it goes well Bob, and we all look forward to seeing you back at the Port as soon as you are feeling well enough.

Looks to me as though he just hasn't filled in the following months as yet (October is empty too).

Andre

I love that idea. This will cut down on waits. In January the lines were huge around dinner time. And I've never used the boats to get from resort to resort. Walking is always faster, and very enjoyable.
I agree, there was nothing worse then being stopped because they had to keep half the boat empty for the next pickup.

Just returned yesterday. This was our second time at this resort with the first being 10 yrs ago. We did a split with 4 nights here and 4 nights at BWI.

We arrived at 9:45 AM and received a text that our room was not quite ready so I went to check in. We were given celebration buttons for the girls graduations which was nice.

We went to the food court to grab some breakfast and needed to go sit in Boatwrights since the courts seating was full. I did notice that a lot of the tables were being occupied by someone not eating. I really get annoyed when I see this and you are holding a tray of food with no where to sit. The Mickey waffles and chocolate croissants were all good.

We went to the pool and around 12:30 got our text that our room was ready. We got building 17 which was a hike from the main area and bus stop. I sent a fax asking for a building close to the food court but I guess they didn't have any. Maybe if it wasn't summer it wouldn't have been such a chore to get from buses to room and food court to room.

The room was nice but felt a little cramped with 5 people. Mouse keeping was slowwwww. One day we didn't get our room cleaned until 4:30 even after calling several times.

The quiet pool was nice during the day but at night there seemed to be a do whatever you pleased attitude with some families. My dh came back after only 5 minutes on our last night because of the cannonball jumpers and kids playing with the handicap chair with parents not saying a word.

We gave POR a second try but have decided it's just not for us. We spent the next 4 nights at BWI which is one of our favorites.

Just returned yesterday. This was our second time at this resort with the first being 10 yrs ago. We did a split with 4 nights here and 4 nights at BWI.

We arrived at 9:45 AM and received a text that our room was not quite ready so I went to check in. We were given celebration buttons for the girls graduations which was nice.

We went to the food court to grab some breakfast and needed to go sit in Boatwrights since the courts seating was full. I did notice that a lot of the tables were being occupied by someone not eating. I really get annoyed when I see this and you are holding a tray of food with no where to sit. The Mickey waffles and chocolate croissants were all good.

We went to the pool and around 12:30 got our text that our room was ready. We got building 17 which was a hike from the main area and bus stop. I sent a fax asking for a building close to the food court but I guess they didn't have any. Maybe if it wasn't summer it wouldn't have been such a chore to get from buses to room and food court to room.

The room was nice but felt a little cramped with 5 people. Mouse keeping was slowwwww. One day we didn't get our room cleaned until 4:30 even after calling several times.

The quiet pool was nice during the day but at night there seemed to be a do whatever you pleased attitude with some families. My dh came back after only 5 minutes on our last night because of the cannonball jumpers and kids playing with the handicap chair with parents not saying a word.

We gave POR a second try but have decided it's just not for us. We spent the next 4 nights at BWI which is one of our favorites.
Sorry POR wasn't to your liking. But you prob knew 5 would be cramped in a POR room when you booked it. I'd feel cramped with 5 in a BWI room too, assuming it's the same size as a BC/YC room.
Considering you didn't book a preferred room, you did well with 17. And nice your room was ready by 12:30!!

I think you were just unlucky to have a rowdy family at the quiet pool. And it can happen at ANY resort. I've never had a problem at a POR quiet pool. But my last stay at YC there were a family at quiet pool. Parents were in laundry room neither supervising the boys who were running all around pool edge pushing and shoving each other in the pool. Doing cannonballs in pool. There's no way I was going near that pool in fear of my life. They were big boys. I was waiting for one of them to crack their heads on the pool deck, then parents would sue. I agree, this behaviour is highly irritating. And at SAB hot tub we were the only ones in it along with a dad and his 2 yr old who continually jumped in hot tub right beside us. Dad shrugged and said its Disney. Well o.k but your kid doesn't have to jump in right next to me continually..

I find that annoying too, that people just go sit at a table in the food court but aren't eating.

Seems like common curtesy is very lacking these days and when we go to WDW have to pack a lot of patience & deep breaths!

I hope you found some things you enjoyed at POR. I think it's a stunningly beautiful resort and love walking along the river, hearing the sounds of the river boats & horses going by. Taking the boat to DTD. Enjoying Bob Jackson's show. Love the food court. Fav is the make your own pasta bar, and in the morning is an omelette bar.

When we aren't staying deluxe it's our go to resort.

We went to the pool and around 12:30 got our text that our room was ready. We got building 17 which was a hike from the main area and bus stop. I sent a fax asking for a building close to the food court but I guess they didn't have any.

To be fair, you got exactly what you asked for - buildings 16 and 17 are about the closest you can get to the food court without paying extra for a Preferred Location.

I find that annoying too, that people just go sit at a table in the food court but aren't eating.

I think a lot of the time groups tend to separate, with some people getting the food and someone else scouting out a table ready. I know we do that anyway. But it's annoying if people are sitting there with no intention of eating.

Andre

Sorry POR wasn't to your liking. But you prob knew 5 would be cramped in a POR room when you booked it. I'd feel cramped with 5 in a BWI room too, assuming it's the same size as a BC/YC room.
Considering you didn't book a preferred room, you did well with 17. And nice your room was ready by 12:30!!

I think you were just unlucky to have a rowdy family at the quiet pool. And it can happen at ANY resort. I've never had a problem at a POR quiet pool. But my last stay at YC there were a family at quiet pool. Parents were in laundry room neither supervising the boys who were running all around pool edge pushing and shoving each other in the pool. Doing cannonballs in pool. There's no way I was going near that pool in fear of my life. They were big boys. I was waiting for one of them to crack their heads on the pool deck, then parents would sue. I agree, this behaviour is highly irritating. And at SAB hot tub we were the only ones in it along with a dad and his 2 yr old who continually jumped in hot tub right beside us. Dad shrugged and said its Disney. Well o.k but your kid doesn't have to jump in right next to me continually..

Seems like common curtesy is very lacking these days and when we go to WDW have to pack a lot of patience & deep breaths!

I hope you found some things you enjoyed at POR. I think it's a stunningly beautiful resort and love walking along the river, hearing the sounds of the river boats & horses going by. Taking the boat to DTD. Enjoying Bob Jackson's show. Love the food court. Fav is the make your own pasta bar, and in the morning is an omelette bar.

When we aren't staying deluxe it's our go to resort.
We never feel cramped in the deluxe resorts except the one time we had a dormer on CL at BC. It was definitely a lot smaller than the deluxe rooms.

I'm just giving my opinion about my stay. We did give it another chance. We didn't like it much when we were there 10 yrs ago in building 34.

I really wanted to like POR but I think the size of the resort is just too big for us and spread out.

The food court is very good. We loved the build your own salad. It was very fresh. My daughter also declared that they have the best chocolate croissants.

To be fair, you got exactly what you asked for - buildings 16 and 17 are about the closest you can get to the food court without paying extra for a Preferred Location.

I think a lot of the time groups tend to separate, with some people getting the food and someone else scouting out a table ready. I know we do that anyway. But it's annoying if people are sitting there with no intention of eating.

Andre
Yes we did get 17 and we didn't really realize how far away it would be from the food court and buses. Looking at the map and walking it everyday several times a day gets very tiring.

DH and I are booked at POR! We booked a Royal Room with a river view. We don't have kids, but I love the princess theme rooms! I just wish they offered king beds.:D

We never feel cramped in the deluxe resorts except the one time we had a dormer on CL at BC. It was definitely a lot smaller than the deluxe rooms.

I'm just giving my opinion about my stay. We did give it another chance. We didn't like it much when we were there 10 yrs ago in building 34.

I really wanted to like POR but I think the size of the resort is just too big for us and spread out.

The food court is very good. We loved the build your own salad. It was very fresh. My daughter also declared that they have the best chocolate croissants.
Our first stay at POR we were put in what felt like the furthest building, building 24! Now that was a hike and while I loved the resort, my family did not because of the long walk and trying not to get lost to/from the main building. A closer building makes all the difference sometimes.. 2 years ago I stayed in a royal room in building 90 and the walk was SO much shorter and it really made a difference.. 2-3 minute walk to the south depot and food court- it was wonderful! And I really fell in love with POR after that trip, besides all of the other great things the resort has to offer. At least you gave it another chance, but sorry you did not enjoy it as much. I am happy we gave Riverside another chance, as it is now my "home" resort when I go.

Our first stay at POR we were put in what felt like the furthest building, building 24! Now that was a hike and while I loved the resort, my family did not because of the long walk and trying not to get lost to/from the main building. A closer building makes all the difference sometimes..

I agree, in fact one of the main pieces of advice I'd give about Riverside is that room location is far more important than just the view.

Andre

We are so excited about our first stay at POR! I read here that the boats to DTD can require a long wait due to nonresort guests, and then it's a 30 minute walk to La Nouba. :( Anyway, on our last full day we plan to visit Animal Kingdom (for the first time!) and then go to DTD (also a first for us) to see La Nouba at 6 pm (though I read you should be there 30 minutes early to see the clowns.) I have not made any ADRs yet for that day. We usually eat breakfast in our room. Any suggestions for when we should leave AK (by car) and how best to get to DTD? Where should we plan to eat? I'm worried there might not be time for any ADRs. I don't know if we should just plan on quicker counter service meals that day. At AK I have a fastpass for the safari in the morning, and we want to see the Lion King and Nemo shows and do a few rides and character pictures before we head back to the resort to freshen up and go to DTD. I really want that day to be great, but I'm clueless about how to plan it.

We are so excited for our trip to Port Orleans we are 13 days away. Just planning which room would be the best to request is it better to give the information of what I really want or to specifically ask for a room. We paid for a king room we are two adults and one child so I know I will get the aligator bayou. We requested to be as close to the small pool as possible and I am thinking the corner room on the first floor of building 18 is the best room for us. My reasoning is that it is a king room, it is a corner room, it is right next to a pool view room which means close to a pool and its not connecting. As a plus it is a preferred location! What are your thoughts (we are there 11 nights)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter