Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

So, we'll be at POR 5/12-5/17 in a RR Garden view room. DD2 is an early riser and we'll try to hit RD each day we go the parks (maybe extra early for Star Wars Weekend). I'm not sure what I should request as far as building, floor, etc. to be close to the bus depots. First time at WDW too.
I agree with Andre about requesting a location close to foot bridge. We prefer Oak Manor, and got great location close to the footbridge. Very handy for getting to food court. But we preferred the East Bus stop over main bus stop. Less crowded and chaotic. There's a walkway out parking lot side of building.

My hubby and I are going in 2 weeks for our first time adult only Anniversary trip. First time staying POR, we have booked a standard room and requested the mansion bldgs. (preferably Magnolia section), but does anyone have any feedback on good room choices that are considered standard, but not too far from a bus depot or food court? Would it be wise to request a room on the 3rd Floor?

I've already done online check-in and selected my room requests; however, would it be helpful to fax more specific requests (hopes and dreams) to resort directly??? Just curious if this would help.
I love Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. I request a location close to Old Man Island foot bridge. As far as bus stops we prefer the North or East Depot behind mansions. Way less crowded then main depot.
If you don't want anyone above you just ask for upper floor. Some parts of the buildings have 3 floors, and some 2.

Staying at the POR in June!! I see part of my POR stay at a cheaper rate. Is it worth the time to split the reservation at one resort (spring AP, summer AP) to save a few dollars?

Total newbie at booking WDW. Already had a problem with my husband's DLR/WDW AP. Online chat/CM on phone insisted it was linked and no discounts were coming up because rooms were booked, but we knew there was a problem when we could not book him on our FP+. All fixed now and booked and now I see cheaper. I already have a split stay at POR/AKL, so wondering how splitting a reservation at one resort works. Doable or not worth the time and savings? Should I just be grateful for what I have? Thanks in advance to the experts!

We did that in January. Because of rate changes we booked a split at POR. You will have to put another deposit down, and make sure both res. are linked as continuing stay. Send resort fax in 5 days before arrival with both res #s again mentioning you'd like to stay in the same room. The night before next res. I went down to desk to ask about room assignment to make sure I could be in same room.
As Andre says, you'll still have to check out & back in. It worked out fine for us, as we had room only res. and APs. But if you have to buy tickets, just add length of stay tickets to first res.

We originally booked our late October trip at Pop, but now are looking to upgrade to the Royal Rooms at Riverside. We're so excited, now we just have to wait on MDE to work again after this morning's onslaught of traffic!

How far approximately is Acadian House and Magnolia Bend from the pool and food court?
Really close! We had a room close to Old Man Island foot bridge, in both Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. There is a quiet pool between the 2 buildings. See map on page 1.

Just changed our stay from Coronado Springs to POR Royal Guest Room with River View. How long is the walk to the food court? Is it comparable to the walk from the back of the 80's section in Pop?

Just changed our stay from Coronado Springs to POR Royal Guest Room with River View. How long is the walk to the food court? Is it comparable to the walk from the back of the 80's section in Pop?

It varies depending on where within the rather large buildings your room happens to be located. Could be anywhere from about 250 yards to 500+ yards.

Andre

i wanted a standard but in order to get the free dining I had to book a royal room with pool view. I'm wondering if I can get a 1st floor room (makes life with a double stroller a lot easier) or are all the "pool view" rooms on higher floors?

i wanted a standard but in order to get the free dining I had to book a royal room with pool view. I'm wondering if I can get a 1st floor room (makes life with a double stroller a lot easier) or are all the "pool view" rooms on higher floors?

Royal Pool View Rooms are located on all three floors of Oak Manor (plus a couple of random rooms in Parterre Place) so yes, you would be okay to request ground floor. All of those rooms are very conveniently located for access to the main building by the way, see my flooplan map at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php where they are shown in light blue, so you should get a great location.

Andre

Question! I just did online check in moment ago. When I went under request it was already checked for adjoining rooms (not connecting). I'm confused by this because I request connecting rooms (connecting rooms are rooms that share and interior door, correct?) Is this normally how it is worded? I didn't see anywhere to correct it??
PS I have already typed up a fax sheet asking for connecting rooms to fax 5 days before arrival (arriving 5/16/15).

:)

I just did online check in moment ago. When I went under request it was already checked for adjoining rooms (not connecting).

Just tick whatever the wording on the website says, it's mostly pretty badly worded anyway.

Andre

Hello all,

We have booked POR for aug/sept, 16 nights in a Garden View room. We would like a room:

- Far from roads and parking
- Far from pools
- Quiet location

Which building should we request? We don't mind walking a bit.

Royal Pool View Rooms are located on all three floors of Oak Manor (plus a couple of random rooms in Parterre Place) so yes, you would be okay to request ground floor. All of those rooms are very conveniently located for access to the main building by the way, see my flooplan map at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php where they are shown in light blue, so you should get a great location.

Andre
Thank you so much! Glad I (well really my husband) won't have to struggle carrying the stroller up stairs like we had to at Caribbean Beach!

We would like a room:

- Far from roads and parking
- Far from pools
- Quiet location

Why not just request "a remote, quiet room please. Well away from vehicle traffic, swimming pools, etc" ? The problem with asking for specific buildings is that not all rooms have the same outlook (e.g. one side may be really quiet, while the other side is near to a swimming pool) so they'd need to know WHY you are asking for given a building number rather than just a number.

Andre

Last edited:
A POR standard room is where I will always stay as FD is not anything I plan for or around. Nothing will have me change resorts! :)

Besides, I understand FD requires you to get a package and we do room only reservations and have our tickets for next trip in hand from UT

m86, have you looked at the resort map? it will furnish all the building guidance you need!!

We have River View booked for our upcoming stay. There seem to be more of those in the AB section. There are only two of us. Me and DS12. What do you think the chances are of us being put in an AB room verses a Mansion room? I was thinking more families would be put in AB because of the trundle beds. I have not made any requests as to what section or area because I think we would be fine with any. My son has been hinting of liking the looks of the mansion section though. I guess what I am asking is where do you think we will most likely be put with out making any kind of room requests?

Thanks!

We have River View booked for our upcoming stay. There seem to be more of those in the AB section. There are only two of us. Me and DS12. What do you think the chances are of us being put in an AB room verses a Mansion room? I was thinking more families would be put in AB because of the trundle beds. I have not made any requests as to what section or area because I think we would be fine with any. My son has been hinting of liking the looks of the mansion section though. I guess what I am asking is where do you think we will most likely be put with out making any kind of room requests?

Thanks!
Is there a reason you don't want to make a request? If you prefer mansion section I'd request that. It's hard to say what you'd end up with, when they fill rooms, they first allocate requests, then fill remaking rooms with what's left.

Subbing in, as we will be staying at POR for the first time in October! Our TA scored us FD in a RR. :woohoo:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but can anyone give me info on the elevators for the RR? I have mobility issues and will be using an ECV. My TA has requested ground floor on my reservation, but I know it's not guaranteed, so trying to plan the best I can. Where are the elevators located and are they standard size or generous? I'm worried about trying to fit the ECV in and then get it back out (I'm not the best driver on them). :( I only ask because every year we request ground floor and every year we are up as high as they can get us .... so I expect no different this trip. :rolleyes:

Also, is there a place I can park my ECV nearby so I can ride the boat to DTD and back? I'd love to be able to just sight-see, but I can't walk from my room to the boat dock. Can I just stay on the same boat for the ride back, or will I have to wait for a different boat? My family will want to tour DTD, so I'll have to ride back to get my ECV and hop a bus to meet up with them. Thanks! Can't wait to see POR for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter