Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Very excited for our first stay at Riverside! Changed from AOA Lion King Suite to river view at Riverside. Saved tons of $. I know we won't have the same space, but am looking forward to the calmness and charm of this lovely resort. Arriving in 38 days! I am a bit concerned about the transportation though.

We are going to be staying in the Royal Riverside rooms in May. I have an EVC which bus stop would you recommend. I am nervous trying to load the EVC on a bus that is full.

So we just changed our travel plans and will be staying in one of the Royal Rooms River View...should we request anything for online check-in? This will be our first time staying here and really don't know what to expect.

request to be near the foot bridge to be close to main building. Upper floor for quiet or even far end of Parterre if you want quiet and be closer to POFQ. Just depends what your needs are. Visit the first page for instructions on how to fax specific requests directly to the resort.

Very excited for our first stay at Riverside! Changed from AOA Lion King Suite to river view at Riverside. Saved tons of $. I know we won't have the same space, but am looking forward to the calmness and charm of this lovely resort. Arriving in 38 days! I am a bit concerned about the transportation though.
WE have the same category and will be there at the same time. :)

We recently returned from a week at POR and loved it! We're trying to make our way around to all of the resorts, but I'm sure we'll be back to POR. Just a heads up for anyone staying soon, on our last full day someone came by to replace our AC unit (which had been working just fine) as part of scheduled maintenance. The new unit must have been a lemon because our room was 77 degrees when we got back that night. The unit didn't blow cold air and the compressor was very loud. I did call to complain that evening and they sent someone to take a look but didn't actually repair anything. I complained again the following morning before we checked out and they sent someone over who had to replace the motherboard or something. The only reason I was able to get what little sleep I did that night was because of the ceiling fan. Just a warning to stay on them in case anyone else experiences a similar issue.

so I have a question, that I think I know the answer to but just wanted to check. We are going in December and my parents are coming along also. Since we both have the king room category booked im pretty sure we cant have connecting/adjoining rooms. and honestly we don't need to be. We would however like to be in the same building as them. We are going to request just that- same building, rooms close in proximity. Is that how I would ask for that request, or is there some other way of phrasing it?

so I have a question, that I think I know the answer to but just wanted to check. We are going in December and my parents are coming along also. Since we both have the king room category booked im pretty sure we cant have connecting/adjoining rooms. and honestly we don't need to be. We would however like to be in the same building as them. We are going to request just that- same building, rooms close in proximity. Is that how I would ask for that request, or is there some other way of phrasing it?

Editing this as I was given bad information and ended up passing it along. Per Andre, connecting Kings are possible.

Yep, call and ask that the 2 reservations be linked and request to be near each other.

Last edited:
Since we both have the king room category booked im pretty sure we cant have connecting/adjoining rooms.

There are several options for connecting King Bed rooms, most of them facing the river in Magnolia Terrace which are some of the best located rooms at Riverside. e.g. 8539/8540 (ground) and 8739/8740 (upper floor). See my maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for other options.

Put that request into your booking, making sure the two bookings are linked in the system, and then fax directly to confirm about 5 days before arrival.

Andre

Last edited:
Just changed from 2 rooms at Pop to 2 rooms at POR!! Staying May16-23, 2015 (23days) So excited, Queen beds sure are going to feel better than Full beds after a long day in the park!!

Last edited:
Staying at the POR in June!! I see part of my POR stay at a cheaper rate. Is it worth the time to split the reservation at one resort (spring AP, summer AP) to save a few dollars?

Total newbie at booking WDW. Already had a problem with my husband's DLR/WDW AP. Online chat/CM on phone insisted it was linked and no discounts were coming up because rooms were booked, but we knew there was a problem when we could not book him on our FP+. All fixed now and booked and now I see cheaper. I already have a split stay at POR/AKL, so wondering how splitting a reservation at one resort works. Doable or not worth the time and savings? Should I just be grateful for what I have? Thanks in advance to the experts!

There are several options for connecting King Bed rooms, most of them facing the river in Magnolia Terrace which are some of the best located rooms at Riverside. e.g. 8539/8540 (ground) and 8739/8740 (upper floor). See my maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for other options.

Put that request into your booking, making sure the two bookings are linked in the system, and then fax directly to confirm about 5 days before arrival.

Andre

Thanks for the correction Andre. Our last trip to POR we tried to get connecting rooms with our friends and was told at check in that 2 connecting king rooms did not exist anywhere at POR. I hate giving incorrect information, so thank you.

Just booked a RR river view for Feb. 2016. Will be DD (3) first trip. Can't wait! Any tips for traveling with a toddler to this particular resort? Anything we shouldn't miss?

Andre

thanks! I just automatically assumed kings didn't connect to another king. I think they are all linked up but I will call to make sure and definitely plan to send in my requests!

appreciate the help

Is it worth the time to split the reservation at one resort (spring AP, summer AP) to save a few dollars?

It's doable, and they might even let you stay in the same room (although technically you will be checking out and back in again). If you're on a dining plan the credits don't flow over, so you'll lose anything still remaining at the end of your first block. Whether it's worth it is us to you.

How long is the bus ride on magical express once it leaves MCO? How many stops does it make normally?

It varies, probably somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes. You could have several stops at other Disney hotels first, but the system is flexible depending on demand so there's not a guaranteed route.

Andre

Anyone who is there now notice if they have pool noodles for sale at Fulton's?? If so any idea of the cost?

TIA 16 days!!!

Saw noodles yesterday in Fulton's for about $5.28.
Was in Fulton's today (4/23) but did not see them. They were next to package pickup on Wednesday in a big box, must of been about 15-20 of them things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter