Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

checked in this morning at 7am and the room was ready! I had requested 16 or 17 (garden) and top floor. We were given 17, top floor. It wasn't until I got to the building and tried to find the elevator that I realized that there are no elevators lol. It wasn't a big deal since we are only there for a night but now I know! The room is a beautiful corner room and feels big! Excited for our stay now if only 4pm could come and I get off work!!

checked in this morning at 7am and the room was ready! I had requested 16 or 17 (garden) and top floor. We were given 17, top floor. It wasn't until I got to the building and tried to find the elevator that I realized that there are no elevators lol. It wasn't a big deal since we are only there for a night but now I know! The room is a beautiful corner room and feels big! Excited for our stay now if only 4pm could come and I get off work!!

Sorry but the Disney bug was too much. We are coming to POR in late June for a long weekend. Basically felt incomplete getting the flu right before our last trip and it blossoming while we were there. I missed most of WS and Jungle Cruise. We drove all night on our last trip with a friend of ours and got to POR about the same time as TinkerbellLuvr7. We also had a room ready. The only elevators are in buildings with 3 floors. Hoping for a corner preferred king room. :smickey:

I have booked my sister and her family at POR Riverside fo 10 nights in May. We are DVC Members and will be at Beach Club so I won't be with her. I want her to be happy at POR. Any suggestions on room requests? Currently they are four people, but may add a 5th which will mean the only option is AB. She would like to be close to bus and food court, and has paid for a garden view. Also, what time does food court close at night? They are "close the park" people and then like to grab a snack or refill their mugs before heading to the room.

Am I correct that both the Port Orleans & Saratoga Springs boats dock at the new Marketplace dock? If so, we could take the scenic/leisurely route via boats to get to SSR for dinner by transferring at the dock?

Ug, still waiting that looooooooooong wait until, November! How do you guys make it through?

Ug, still waiting that looooooooooong wait until, November! How do you guys make it through?

I guess you just have to enjoy the planning and think you will be there before you know it. I need to take my own advice though. I just got home a couple of months ago and I already wish I was back there.

Am I correct that both the Port Orleans & Saratoga Springs boats dock at the new Marketplace dock? If so, we could take the scenic/leisurely route via boats to get to SSR for dinner by transferring at the dock?

There have been some changes due to the construction work in the area, and the new Port Orleans dock opening, but I believe the current routing is:
  • Port Orleans ferries, with yellow flags, use the Marketplace dock (next to the Rainforest Café, access via the footbridge which leads to Saratoga Springs)
  • Saratoga Springs & Treehouse Villas ferries, blue flags, previously used the Pleasure Island dock but I think currently use the West Side dock
  • Old Key West ferries, green flags, use the West Side dock (just beyond House of Blues, opposite Cirque Du Soleil)
  • The internal Downtown Disney water taxi service, red flags, runs between all three Downtown Disney docks (including the Pleasure Island dock, next to the Characters in Flight balloon)
Can anyone confirm there haven't been any changes since I was last there? The official information available on the net is almost non-existent.

Andre

Last edited:
I have booked my sister and her family at POR Riverside fo 10 nights in May. We are DVC Members and will be at Beach Club so I won't be with her. I want her to be happy at POR. Any suggestions on room requests? Currently they are four people, but may add a 5th which will mean the only option is AB. She would like to be close to bus and food court, and has paid for a garden view. Also, what time does food court close at night? They are "close the park" people and then like to grab a snack or refill their mugs before heading to the room.

Just ask to be close to a bus stop and the food court, although since she doesn't have a preferred room, she's kind of limited as to how close she can be placed to the food court. I think the food court closes at 11:00.

There have been some changes due to the construction work in the area, and the new Port Orleans dock opening, but I believe the current routing is:
  • Port Orleans ferries, with yellow flags, use the Marketplace dock (next to the Rainforest Café, access via the footbridge which leads to Saratoga Springs)
  • Saratoga Springs & Treehouse Villas ferries, blue flags, previously used the Pleasure Island dock but I think currently use the West Side dock
  • Old Key West ferries, green flags, use the West Side dock (just beyond House of Blues, opposite Cirque Du Soleil)
  • The internal Downtown Disney water taxi service, red flags, runs between all three Downtown Disney docks (including the Pleasure Island dock, next to the Characters in Flight balloon)
Can anyone confirm there haven't been any changes since I was last there? The official information available on the net is almost non-existent.

Andre

Thanks Andre! Perhaps I need to wait until closer to our trip in August to even worry about this... the construction may have changed things by then :goodvibes

Hello All,

We have a stay at POR booked for next month. We just switched our stay from CSR to POR this week so I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone here can answer. It has been a few years since we have stayed so I just need a little guidance. TIA!

1. I know that boats are no longer being rented but are bikes still available. If so, is it just the surrey bikes or are there other options?
2. Can you bring your own poles for the fishing hole or do we have to rent from the resort?
3. Are the pools open 24 hours? I know I read that the main pool closes at 10 or 11 but do the quiet pools remain open 24 hours?
4. I think that I read somewhere that this resort offers a campfire. Is this correct? If so, do we bring our own supplies for smores/roasting marshmallows or does the resort supply that?
5. Does this resort still do a craft time for the kids?

Thanks!

I think the Royal Rooms are very nice, and the mansion buildings are closer to the POFQ style of theming than the Alligator Bayou section is. See http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Choice for more details.

The Royal Rooms at POR are in buildings 90 and 95 (Oak Manor and Parterre Place, see map in the first post). I'd suggest requesting a room close to the footbridge which leads over to the main buildings (and the main bus stop) and also ask for ground floor, would help with stroller access for a 2-year-old.

Andre

Thanks!

Port Orleans ferries, with yellow flags, use the Marketplace dock (next to the Rainforest Café, access via the footbridge which leads to Saratoga Springs)

This sounds very close to where the old dock was. Am I correct about this? I can verify this location when we get there if no one has before our trip.

Hi, we'll be arriving 32 days from now, and I was wondering if anyone has and recent experiences with the buses to and from TL from POR. Just wondering if it's painful enough to plan on using taxi's...

1. I know that boats are no longer being rented but are bikes still available. If so, is it just the surrey bikes or are there other options?
2. Can you bring your own poles for the fishing hole or do we have to rent from the resort?
3. Are the pools open 24 hours? I know I read that the main pool closes at 10 or 11 but do the quiet pools remain open 24 hours?
4. I think that I read somewhere that this resort offers a campfire. Is this correct? If so, do we bring our own supplies for smores/roasting marshmallows or does the resort supply that?
5. Does this resort still do a craft time for the kids?

1. Surrey bikes (2 and 4 seaters) plus pedal cycles for adults and kids.
2. Yes you can bring your own poles, but the fee is still the same (and it's catch and release).
3. The quiet pools do officially have closing times I think, but that's never bothered anyone so swim as late as you want. The main feature pool is now only open when the lifeguards are on duty though.
4. Yes. marshmallows are provided for free, but anything else you'll need to bring your own.
5. There are lots of pool and poolside activities during the day, and basic colouring sheets/etc are available indoors.

This sounds very close to where the old dock was. Am I correct about this? I can verify this location when we get there if no one has before our trip.

Yes, the new dock is very close to where the old one was located. It's on the other side of the Rainforest Café though, and you access it via a path and footbridge behind the Art of Disney store (next to the bus stop).

Andre

Anyone who is there now notice if they have pool noodles for sale at Fulton's?? If so any idea of the cost?

TIA 16 days!!!

Hi DISers

We are traveling with extended family (many first timers). We are veterans but have not stayed at Riverside since 1996. I requested BLDGS 26 or 28. How is the walk to West Depot Bus Stop? Are the Buses crowded by time it stops at the West Depot? If any one would like to share photos of BLDGs 26 or 28 that would be great. We will have two little girls ages 5 & 7 with us. So any positive input about the resort would be appreciated.

Thank You

We will be there the first of June. Taking my DS12 on a mother son trip. All they had when I booked was River View and Royal Room. I booked a River View. Should I make a request for AB or Mansions or just leave it to chance? We are both looking forward to our trip and I am sure we will be happy anywhere they put us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter