Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! I was asking for non-preferred, garden view in the mansions. I mistakenly thought all the mansions were all royal rooms. I'll be requesting Magnolia Terrace! I hope since we're a family of just 3 we get it.

Garden view rooms can be anywhere. Magnolia Terrace is beautiful! You can request it, but there are no guarantees with a GV reservation.

To quote Yoda.... "that is why you fail" :) Certainly at POR anyway, faxing about 5 days before you arrive (no more than that) has a pretty good success rate. Especially as about 50% of the rooms at the resort connect. But do make sure the reservations are linked in advance and requests added anyway - and let them know that you aren't worried if your rooms are not necessarily ready when you arrive, just that when you get them they are connecting.

Andre
untill very recently I didn't know people/TP faxed, so I def have been missing out there.
Is the only way to fax the resort "myself" or do I need to join TP and have them do it?
Tia

untill very recently I didn't know people/TP faxed, so I def have been missing out there.
Is the only way to fax the resort "myself" or do I need to join TP and have them do it?
Tia

Sure you can send the fax yourself, TP just have an automated system that does it for you at about the right time. The fax number is in the FAQ in the first post of this thread, or for much more info see http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php .

Andre

Garden view rooms can be anywhere. Magnolia Terrace is beautiful! You can request it, but there are no guarantees with a GV reservation.
I have a preferred room reservation- I see from looking at the building layouts that some face parking lots. I thought preferred would avoid this- I usually get garden view. Did I need to get two upcharges to stay away from parking lot views? (Or what is best way)

I have a preferred room reservation- I see from looking at the building layouts that some face parking lots. I thought preferred would avoid this- I usually get garden view. Did I need to get two upcharges to stay away from parking lot views? (Or what is best way)

Preferred Location simply guarantees you a convenient location for easy access to the main buildings and main bus stop, which will be in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27. There is nothing else special about the rooms, and in other areas of the resort they would have been categorised as either Standard or Garden Views (about 80% I guess, including all of the ones in buildings 18 and 27, would have been garden view). Preferred Location category bookings do not include any Pool or River Views, nor any King Bed rooms, and any such rooms in 14, 15, 18 or 17 would need to be booked under those classifications. e.g. in building 14 the rooms are assigned as follows:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-14.png

The ones at the bottom (1401-1408 and 1433-1440) face towards the parking lot, but there's lots of vegetation so not really a bad location. Here's a similar view from the same position in building 15 for example:

POR-AB-2013b-2616_forum.jpg

Just put in a request for a nice, non-parking lot, view and keep your fingers crossed.

Andre

Last edited:
Thanks, Andre. So the room assigners have the entire lot of rooms to assign in preferred (other than those that are pool, river view, king bed )
What do you think it would be better to request, buildings 18 & 27, or is it ok to ask for no parking lot views?

Thanks, Andre. So the room assigners have the entire lot of rooms to assign in preferred (other than those that are river view?)

Any yellow room in my maps is considered a Preferred Location. The dark blue ones would be assigned to guests who have paid for River View (and those within building #14 are pretty much perfect!) and the purple ones are King Bed. I would suggest just requesting a nice non-parking lot view, and perhaps use buildings 18 and 27 as examples if you wish.

Andre

If I were to try to pay now to add river or pool view onto our reservation, would this result in paying increased ticket prices or loss of the free dining plan?

We have previously stayed in 1 or 2 bedroom apartments at either SSR or OKW but due to the cost increase of travelling during the UK school summer holidays we will be staying at POR in August for 2 weeks. We could have stayed in a studio room at either SSR or OKW for the same price but the sofa bed at SSR wouldn't work for us and whilst we liked OKW we preferred SSR so thought we would take a punt on POR and upgrade the DDP (booked during UK free dining offer). I am quite excited about trying a new resort and POR seems to have a fantastic following. There will be 2 adults and 2 children (9 & 11) and whilst I have some concerns about the space reduction a standard room offers the children are of an age where we will be spending much less time in our resort room so I think we will be fine. I have a couple of questions after reading Tripadvisor reviews and am hoping one of you lovely folks will be able to help.... Firstly many people seem to complain about the beds being uncomfortable compared to the 'Deluxe' resorts, is there any substance to this or are folks just having a moan? Also, we have so far had in room laundry facilities which I made full use of. Will the onsite laundry facilities take up much of my valuable holiday time? and do I have to stay in the laundry room or can I put on machine and leave it to run whilst we are eating / swimming?

Thanks! I was asking for non-preferred, garden view in the mansions. I mistakenly thought all the mansions were all royal rooms. I'll be requesting Magnolia Terrace! I hope since we're a family of just 3 we get it.

Just stayed in Magnolia Terrace, first floor, with a standard view reservation; we had a request for "highest floor"-ironically in an attempt to get a room in Magnolia Bend, so your chances might not be too bad!

(You have garden view, but we had a lovely view of the parking lot-ha, but our room was one of the closest rooms to the North bus depot which was incredibly convenient.)

Thanks for both of you welcoming me back. I am going to tr and revive some threads but we shall see.

We have previously stayed in 1 or 2 bedroom apartments at either SSR or OKW but due to the cost increase of travelling during the UK school summer holidays we will be staying at POR in August for 2 weeks. We could have stayed in a studio room at either SSR or OKW for the same price but the sofa bed at SSR wouldn't work for us and whilst we liked OKW we preferred SSR so thought we would take a punt on POR and upgrade the DDP (booked during UK free dining offer). I am quite excited about trying a new resort and POR seems to have a fantastic following. There will be 2 adults and 2 children (9 & 11) and whilst I have some concerns about the space reduction a standard room offers the children are of an age where we will be spending much less time in our resort room so I think we will be fine. I have a couple of questions after reading Tripadvisor reviews and am hoping one of you lovely folks will be able to help.... Firstly many people seem to complain about the beds being uncomfortable compared to the 'Deluxe' resorts, is there any substance to this or are folks just having a moan? Also, we have so far had in room laundry facilities which I made full use of. Will the onsite laundry facilities take up much of my valuable holiday time? and do I have to stay in the laundry room or can I put on machine and leave it to run whilst we are eating / swimming?
We've stayed at the poly and por. Didn't notice a difference in beds. We did laundry at por. Wash was 30 min. Dryer was 60 min. I put stuff in and went to the 'quiet pool'. Each quiet pool has a laundry area. Very convenient. I felt comfortable leaving stuff while at the pool. But there was one woman sitting in the laundry room while her things were washing. Nice big clock on laundry building too that you could see from pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter