Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Going to be living vicariously through you all for a bit longer :( After all of that my husband decided it was too much stress trying to come up with too much money too fast to travel in a month (I caught the flu right after posting so I am not working normally :( ...and he loves WL (I do too). So we are hoping to do a split stay with POR and WL. We are booked at WL Dec 1-7 and going to add a day or 2 at POR Preferred room.

We greatly appreciate all of your help, esp Andre! I thought I was ok with waiting but I'm really not :( In the meantime I will continue watching all of your pics which I love!

Going to be living vicariously through you all for a bit longer :( After all of that my husband decided it was too much stress trying to come up with too much money too fast to travel in a month (I caught the flu right after posting so I am not working normally :( ...and he loves WL (I do too). So we are hoping to do a split stay with POR and WL. We are booked at WL Dec 1-7 and going to add a day or 2 at POR Preferred room.

We greatly appreciate all of your help, esp Andre! I thought I was ok with waiting but I'm really not :( In the meantime I will continue watching all of your pics which I love!
We had dinner at Whispering Canyon last year and WL is just beautiful! I think a split stay between POR and WL sounds fun and December with all the Christams decorations up, I think it will be worth the wait.:) I just love the picture of your dog in your avatar he is so cute!!! I had a beagle that used to sleep in the kids stuffed animals like that, it was so cute!

I was scheduled to stay at CSR March 17th-19th but last night I changed my reservation to POR. When I booked the room some time ago, the website said the resort would be undergoing refurbishment but it was my understanding these would be room only. To now see buildings being torn down and fences up everywhere, that's not a magical vacation to me. I live about two hours away and travel to the parks almost every other weekend. I wanted our short stay to be a special treat for my DD9, and I just don't think what's going on there is worth it for the price even with the AP rate. The photos that have been posted show major construction. When I called last night to switch resorts they gave me a hard time saying that there were no river view rooms available at the AP rate, I wanted something water view since that's what I had at CSR. After a little work, they found a river view room for me. We aren't traveling with 3 adults, myself, DH and MIL and DD. MIL can be very hard to please. I think they requested a room with a pull down bed for me(thankfully) and something close to the lobby. If anyone could provide feedback on what to expect or great things to do I would appreciate it! Hopefully I made the right choice! Fingers crossed.

We had dinner at Whispering Canyon last year and WL is just beautiful! I think a split stay between POR and WL sounds fun and December with all the Christams decorations up, I think it will be worth the wait.:) I just love the picture of your dog in your avatar he is so cute!!! I had a beagle that used to sleep in the kids stuffed animals like that, it was so cute!

Thank you! I am trying so hard to think like that. We have had a lot happen in 4 years since our last trip and I need a vacation!

Since I work from home I am fortunate enough to be able to stop and look on here or at pics of the hotels. We do love WL at Christmas..we were there last time when the tree went up. Anyone know if POR does anything special for Christmas?

Yes, Maggie is a goof. She curls up with the animals and I can't move them or she gets upset. Sometimes I can't tell which is her and which is stuffed. I was walking around without my glasses in the middle of the night and went to pick up what I thought was a stuffed snoopy and it was her :( LOL

I'm runnng Dark Side as well, and stayed at POR for '16 princess (loved it, which explains the return). If possible, do the online checkin, and they will simply text you when your room is ready and you can open the door with your magic band. And bell services is so easy to work with for dropping off your carry on so you can get to the expo.

From what I've learned by reading this thread, it is best to request what is most important to you rather than a laundry list or being overly specific. I.E. tell them you would like an easy walk to the buses if that's what will make you the happiest.

Hope you will do a TR on the Dark Side to compliment your Light Side review!
Thank you so much. Now I have to determine what will make me "happiest." Part of me is debating about requesting certain rooms, but another part of me wonders how much I'll want to shower before heading to the Expo after a redeye assuming that a room is not ready (or I want a certain type of room that will be ready at 3:00pm, but not at 8:00am).

Good to know on bell services. I was pretty sure there was something like that, but since I've never arrived in Orlando in the morning, never had need of those kinds of things.

And yes, there will be a Dark Side race report up as well. I love Disneyland and Disney World for different reasons. In other words, I will defend Disneyland as being the best Disney park in the world and also tell you how much I enjoy visiting Disney World and getting the equally great, but different Disney experience in Orlando.

So I just booked POR for memorial day weekend! Stayed here a long time ago, before kids and excited to return. Question about pools.

1. Can we use the pools at POFQ?
2. Does anyone have updated pictures at pools at both resorts?
3. I am most interested in the kids splash area....I can see POFQ has one, does POR? (main reason for question #1)
4. If we can use the POFQ pool area and POR does not have a good splash area, what buiding should we request?

Thanks!

So I just booked POR for memorial day weekend! Stayed here a long time ago, before kids and excited to return. Question about pools.

1. Can we use the pools at POFQ? Yes
2. Does anyone have updated pictures at pools at both resorts? Check out www.portorleans.org
3. I am most interested in the kids splash area....I can see POFQ has one, does POR? (main reason for question #1) No just a regular kids pool

Thanks!

[QUOTE
Sue M said:
I pack the single serve instant oatmeal (Quaker) and use hot water from the Coffee Maker in the room. No microwave needed. But yes, there are microwaves (and toasters) in the food court for guest use.
][/QUOTE]

Where are the toasters? We're here now and don't see them anymore (at least where they used to be).

Is Bell Services open 24 hours? I want to have a stroller delivered, but we don't get in until late and don't want to risk not being able to get it. Thanks!

Is Bell Services open 24 hours? I want to have a stroller delivered, but we don't get in until late and don't want to risk not being able to get it. Thanks!

Yes, should be. The Bell Services desk at Riverside has moved by the way, as from today it is indoors just inside the main registration lobby area.

upload_2017-2-21_18-18-7.png

Andre

Thanks Andre, that's where we remembering them being, but they were gone this morning. I'll ask tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, could you let me know what's happened and perhaps get a photo of that counter and/or the new location?

Andre

I don't believe I've posted here yet, so here it goes.

My fiance and I are booked for POR May 21-28 for our honeymoon. We're both gigantic disnerds and totally psyched to go. We've both been to WDW before. He's never stayed on property, and the last time I stayed on property was as a child. We're going to be in a royal room. Is there anything we should know about the resort?

I'm glad there's a community for this. Ha!

I don't believe I've posted here yet, so here it goes.

My fiance and I are booked for POR May 21-28 for our honeymoon. We're both gigantic disnerds and totally psyched to go. We've both been to WDW before. He's never stayed on property, and the last time I stayed on property was as a child. We're going to be in a royal room. Is there anything we should know about the resort?

I'm glad there's a community for this. Ha!

Just about everything you need to know is on page #1 of this thread and at portorleans.org

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter