Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We've stayed at the poly and por. Didn't notice a difference in beds. We did laundry at por. Wash was 30 min. Dryer was 60 min. I put stuff in and went to the 'quiet pool'. Each quiet pool has a laundry area. Very convenient. I felt comfortable leaving stuff while at the pool. But there was one woman sitting in the laundry room while her things were washing. Nice big clock on laundry building too that you could see from pool area.

Forgive me, my brain can't hold a thought lately! What is the website app that keeps track of the machines at WDW? You can see if some are open or the timing. I know that someone on this thread knows what I'm talking about.

Has anyone rented a crib? Wondering where it would fit. We stayed at Caribbean beach last year and my youngest dd fit in a pack and play and we placed it by the sink and ironing board area. This allowed us to close the privacy area and she could go to sleep before everyone else. She's now 2 and outgrowing the pack and play. She's in a crib at home and I'm considering renting one if she out grows the pack and play by our trip.

I'm officially official! We just confirmed a change from CBR to POR for our six night trip in September. Four park days, one lazy morning with a MNSSHP night! We're telling DD for her 8th birthday (in August - how am I going to wait that long?!) that the reason we aren't having a bday party this year is because we're going to Disney instead! She's also obsessed with New Orleans, and DH and I are unofficially celebrating our 16th anniversary while we're there, and we honeymooned in NOLA, so I'm really glad we switched. 213 more days!

Just booked yesterday! Finally getting to stay at POR - my niece didn't want a birthday party she just washed to go to disney so they are flying down from NY!
Me, DH, DS5, SIL, and NIECE9 will be coming right in between her birthday and my son's!
4 nights at POR and 3 Park days (Ep, Mk, Ak) I'M SO EXCITED, we'll be there in 7 weeks!

Were staying in Alligator Bayou and I'm really looking forward to the quiet. It looks beautiful!

We are going to drive up early on check in day DH and DS want to fish and we are going to hit the pools, then when they arrive, head to DS for dinner. ☺

Anyone have any tips for fishing?
How long is the water taxi?
Does the walk to FQ pass quickly?
How late is the food court open? We plan on doing EMH a few nights and we do like snacks and especially sodas (we have mugs) at night.

Thanks!

Just booked yesterday! Finally getting to stay at POR - my niece didn't want a birthday party she just washed to go to disney so they are flying down from NY!
Me, DH, DS5, SIL, and NIECE9 will be coming right in between her birthday and my son's!
4 nights at POR and 3 Park days (Ep, Mk, Ak) I'M SO EXCITED, we'll be there in 7 weeks!

Were staying in Alligator Bayou and I'm really looking forward to the quiet. It looks beautiful!

We are going to drive up early on check in day DH and DS want to fish and we are going to hit the pools, then when they arrive, head to DS for dinner. ☺

How late is the food court open? We plan on doing EMH a few nights and we do like snacks and especially sodas (we have mugs) at night.

Thanks!
Checkout www.portorleans.org. It should have general info about the foodcourt. The boat ride is about 20 minutes or so. Since 2015 the boats are no longer shared with POFQ after 4:00 - 5:00 (the sign at the dock will have the current info). We walk up to POR several times every trip. It doesn't seem long to us.

Can't help much on the fishing, apart from to say it looks very relaxing when I've popped over to watch. It costs $6.49 per person or $15.98 for a family. See http://www.portorleans.org/recreation.php#Fishing.

POR-Island-2011-3433_forum.jpg

The water taxi takes about 20 mins, and after 5pm is a direct run from POR to DS (before 5pm it stops at FQ too).

Food court is open until midnight (limited to bakery, grab'n'go and pizza at that time, as most of the main serving stations close at 10:30pm to 11pm). See http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php#lunchdinner.

The path from POR to POFQ is a very pleasant 10 minute stroll... For an idea of what it's like, take a walk with me in 4K video:

Andre

We've stayed at the poly and por. Didn't notice a difference in beds. We did laundry at por. Wash was 30 min. Dryer was 60 min. I put stuff in and went to the 'quiet pool'. Each quiet pool has a laundry area. Very convenient. I felt comfortable leaving stuff while at the pool. But there was one woman sitting in the laundry room while her things were washing. Nice big clock on laundry building too that you could see from pool area.

Thank you very much, beds are a relief and being able to leave laundry definitely a weight off my mind.

Last edited:
I have some questions about my upcoming stay. I'm running the Dark Side Challenge in April and will take a redeye from the west coast and arrive in Orlando around 7:15am. I will be using Magical Express to get from the airport to POR. My plan for arrival day is to hit the race expo and once I'm done there, I'll either go to Disney Springs or just explore the resort. No parks that day for me.

I know that my room may not be ready until 3:00pm. If they have a room available when I arrive, will they let me have access to it?

If my room is not ready, is there a place I can store my carryon suitcase until my room is ready? Since I'm running, I want to pack my race gear in a carryon, but don't particularly want to haul that bag around for the day until I can get into my room.

When I booked, my travel agent told me it at the rate I had, they couldn't guarantee room views. Does this mean that I cannot request certain areas or just that if I request a certain room, whether or not I get it is unknown until I'm in there? I'm assuming that if I make certain requests, one of them will supersede the other. Such as first available would take precedence over close to transportation.

I'm really looking forward to this. My last 3 stays were in value resorts, one at Pop and two at Sports. I'll stay in a value resort again. But I'm also looking forward to a different kind of feel after the sometimes craziness of All Star Sports.

Sleepless I can answer a few of your questions
"I know that my room may not be ready until 3:00pm. If they have a room available when I arrive, will they let me have access to it?"
If it is ready yes
"If my room is not ready, is there a place I can store my carryon suitcase until my room is ready? Since I'm running, I want to pack my race gear in a carryon, but don't particularly want to haul that bag around for the day until I can get into my room."
Leave it with bell services. You can pick it up once you get your room

Last edited:
Thank you so much ncc1701. (Nice user name by the way. I saw a Starfleet officer running the Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon this year). That answered the most pressing questions.

How does bell services work? This will be my first flight where I'm not arriving around 7:00pm.

Thank you so much ncc1701. (Nice user name by the way. I saw a Starfleet officer running the Star Wars Light Side Half Marathon this year). That answered the most pressing questions.

How does bell services work? This will be my first flight where I'm not arriving around 7:00pm.
Based on our stays at POFQ you give them the bag, they give you a receipt/ticket.Then when you get your room you can go back with the receipt and get your bag. You can also call when you get to the room for them to bring it to you but you need to be there for the delivery (unlike Magical Express luggage delivery).

Can't help much on the fishing, apart from to say it looks very relaxing when I've popped over to watch. It costs $6.49 per person or $15.98 for a family. See http://www.portorleans.org/recreation.php#Fishing.

POR-Island-2011-3433_forum.jpg

The water taxi takes about 20 mins, and after 5pm is a direct run from POR to DS (before 5pm it stops at FQ too).

Food court is open until midnight (limited to bakery, grab'n'go and pizza at that time, as most of the main serving stations close at 10:30pm to 11pm). See http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php#lunchdinner.

The path from POR to POFQ is a very pleasant 10 minute stroll... For an idea of what it's like, take a walk with me in 4K video:

Andre

Beautiful picture!

I know that my room may not be ready until 3:00pm. If they have a room available when I arrive, will they let me have access to it?

If my room is not ready, is there a place I can store my carryon suitcase until my room is ready? Since I'm running, I want to pack my race gear in a carryon, but don't particularly want to haul that bag around for the day until I can get into my room.

When I booked, my travel agent told me it at the rate I had, they couldn't guarantee room views. Does this mean that I cannot request certain areas or just that if I request a certain room, whether or not I get it is unknown until I'm in there? I'm assuming that if I make certain requests, one of them will supersede the other. Such as first available would take precedence over close

I'm runnng Dark Side as well, and stayed at POR for '16 princess (loved it, which explains the return). If possible, do the online checkin, and they will simply text you when your room is ready and you can open the door with your magic band. And bell services is so easy to work with for dropping off your carry on so you can get to the expo.

From what I've learned by reading this thread, it is best to request what is most important to you rather than a laundry list or being overly specific. I.E. tell them you would like an easy walk to the buses if that's what will make you the happiest.

Hope you will do a TR on the Dark Side to compliment your Light Side review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter