Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Awesome! We just booked at POFQ around that same time. When I showed the kids the pool they were super excited about the water slide. I am curious to see what the water play area will look like when it is complete.

Based on what I've seen so far I'd imagine it's going to look very similar to the one at Poly but matched to the POFQ theming. You can find pictures of the kids play area at Poly all over the place and it sounds like other resorts have been getting these also.

I think the play area is great for those with toddler/prek and possibly even older kids that aren't quite ready for the big slides you find at many resorts.

Last edited:
Question about using Magical Express. My family and I are arriving in Orlando separately. I am actually getting there a few days early for a conference. On the morning of our check-in day, I intend to go straight to POFQ and get the room when it is ready. But wife and kids arrive later that evening. Will the fact that I have checked into the hotel impact their use of Magical Express in any way?

Hi everyone,
I was hoping for a little help looking over my plans for a trip June 8-12 for me and my 11 year old son. I posted this on the general DisBoard thread, but since we will be at POFQ, I thought I would put it here too. We were at Disney last summer, so this is a quick second visit for us, but the first time staying at a Disney resort and using Disney transport (no car). My son's priority is to ride as many rides as often as possible. I'm hoping we can do that, but not get too walked down. We are staying at POFQ and requested a riverside room. We are also on the dining plan.

6/8 Flight lands 10:35 am, Magical Express to hotel, Head to Hollywood Studios
We don't care much for the shows and are focusing on rides
5:30 reservation for Sci-Fi Drive-In (may cancel this and just do QS), I would love QS recommendation, as it does not seem to have as much as the other parks

6/9 Magic Kingdom day, currently 8:40 Be Our Guest breakfast reservation. Trying to get it moved earlier
Crystal Palace Reservation 5:10pm

6/10 Animal Kingdom
Tusker House 4:40pm

6/11 Epcot
Teppan Edo lunch 1:30
Ohana dinner 9:35 (concerned about transportation so late back to POFQ)

6/12 Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest 8:40 am, trying for earlier
Flight departs at 7:10, so Magical Express back to airport

I have heard that you can check in to your flight at the hotel and check your bags. I'm hoping to do this before leaving for the park that morning. Anyone have experience with this? It is our first time to use Magical Express. We will do other snacks and quick service meals. Thanks for any feedback! I know my kiddo is getting older and I'm hoping to make this Disney trip one to remember for the two of us.

I was curious and all but does POFQ do any theming around the Halloween season? I will be making my first stay there in a few months.

I was curious and all but does POFQ do any theming around the Halloween season? I will be making my first stay there in a few months.

I was there in 2014 over Halloween, and I don't recall much if anything going on (except mouse keeping left a towel art ghost in our room).

Question about using Magical Express. My family and I are arriving in Orlando separately. I am actually getting there a few days early for a conference. On the morning of our check-in day, I intend to go straight to POFQ and get the room when it is ready. But wife and kids arrive later that evening. Will the fact that I have checked into the hotel impact their use of Magical Express in any way?

I've flown out on a different day to the rest of my family, and the resort was not at all fazed when setting up DME. This is a similar issue, since they were taking DME whilst I was still checked into the resort. I can't see why the inbound would be any different.

Definitely does not affect magical express. We do this all the time! Have a nice stay!

Hi everyone,
I was hoping for a little help looking over my plans for a trip June 8-12 for me and my 11 year old son. I posted this on the general DisBoard thread, but since we will be at POFQ, I thought I would put it here too. We were at Disney last summer, so this is a quick second visit for us, but the first time staying at a Disney resort and using Disney transport (no car). My son's priority is to ride as many rides as often as possible. I'm hoping we can do that, but not get too walked down. We are staying at POFQ and requested a riverside room. We are also on the dining plan.

6/8 Flight lands 10:35 am, Magical Express to hotel, Head to Hollywood Studios
We don't care much for the shows and are focusing on rides
5:30 reservation for Sci-Fi Drive-In (may cancel this and just do QS), I would love QS recommendation, as it does not seem to have as much as the other parks

6/9 Magic Kingdom day, currently 8:40 Be Our Guest breakfast reservation. Trying to get it moved earlier
Crystal Palace Reservation 5:10pm

6/10 Animal Kingdom
Tusker House 4:40pm

6/11 Epcot

6/12 Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest 8:40 am, trying for earlier
Flight departs at 7:10, so Magical Express back to airport

I have heard that you can check in to your flight at the hotel and check your bags. I'm hoping to do this before leaving for the park that morning. Anyone have experience with this? It is our first time to use Magical Express. We will do other snacks and quick service meals. Thanks for any feedback! I know my kiddo is getting older and I'm hoping to make this Disney trip one to remember for the two of us.
Your Be Our Guest Breakfast reservations are both fine at 8:40 am because park opening is set for 9am both mornings. Everyone with breakfast reservations before park opening will be let in to MK at 7:45am. Arrive before 7:30. Go to the far left and a cast member with an iPad will check you in.At BOG you just get in when it opens at 8 no matter what time your reservation is, as long as it is a pre park opening time. They open 7dwarfsminetrain early, so eat quickly and you can ride more than once before the crowds from the front get to it. Pre order your food online to save time. Adults can order from kids menu. We did this twice this winter. ( sometimes park opening is changed to 8am, so watch the park hours calendar. That won't be as much fun, but they still let you in at 7:45)
Also: yes Disney will check in your bags to your airline and print you a boarding pass. You will be picked up for magical express 3 hours before your flight and you must be back at your resort in time. Have fun!

Thank you so much. I hadn't heard anything about BOG letting you in before the reservation. I have really been trying to get it shifted earlier. I will likely cancel one of the two, but who knows.

Do you have any info on late night transportation from O'hana back to POFQ? Is my best bet Uber?

6/11 Epcot

Since MK closes at 10pm this night, buses will run till about 11:00 or 11:30. You might want to take a cab back to POFQ. Another option would be a bus from Poly to Disney Springs then catch a bus to POFQ. But a cab sounds so much nicer. Zzzzz...

Thank you so much. I hadn't heard anything about BOG letting you in before the reservation. I have really been trying to get it shifted earlier. I will likely cancel one of the two, but who knows.

Do you have any info on late night transportation from O'hana back to POFQ? Is my best bet Uber?
Just answered this above. Cab is really the way to go. It will be so nice for you and your son to walk down an empty Main Street. Walk slow. Take it all in. Cast members will be waving to you from the castle! Have fun!

They will get you a cab out front.

On my last trip in 2014, my daughter and I arrived four days earlier than my hubby. We all used Magic Express. He had no trouble using Magic Express and when he arrived his MagicBand gave him entry to the room. He just met up with us in the park after he arrived and settled into the room.

Thanks for all the responses re my Magical Express question - sounds like we're good. Now if I could just fast-forward time...

Our flight lands at 10:30 PM and we are taking ME, so probably will not be at the resort until at least 11:30 or midnight. Are there any good options that late, even grab and go?

Hello, looking through threads for recent room photos. I keep seeing purple bedspreads in some pics and white in others...Can someone please tell me what the more recent one is? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter