Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Can someone tell me why POFQ is so popular?(serious question). We're trying to find the best value moderate resort since our budget won't allow a Deluxe and saw this gets rated really highly.

It's either POFQ or Caribbean Beach based on the pricing from a Magical Agency. Coming from Beach Club and then Poly the last two years, we're trying to tell ourselves that a resort a bit further out with only a bus transport will be ok.

We love POFQ because it is small, quiet, rooms are relaxing, and the boat to DS. We looked at CB this year, but just cannot get away from POFQ. :lovestruc

Wasn't POR the first stop with the buses in years past? Why the change in route?

Well, I pulled the trigger and went with POFQ for 7 nights May 3-10. Saw they were almost done adding an interactive water play area for kids similar to what Poly has and was even more excited. That was DS4's favorite thing about the hotel last year.

Well I swapped my dates to November 12-19 for our trip. With my "certain" TA I got a standard view room for 3 adults, 1 child for 1230.00. Plus, I will be paying the balance with discounted Disney gift cards.

Wish I could have gotten a garden view, but I'm fine with a standard that for a $700 savings!

Thanks for both of your answers. Proximity to Disney Springs wasn't at the top of my list originally. We've said we want a more relaxing trip this year so that proximity might be nice. What's the bus trip to the parks like time wise?

Fairly quick - we always got there as planned when we left first thing in the morning. Only time we had issues, we left close to midday, around 11:00. We had forgotten that the buses are shared with POR during the middle of the day. They picked us up first and then went around POR - took forever. I actually called Disney Dining and rescheduled our ADR from 12 to 1! We got there at about 12, but did not have to rush to our ADR. It only happened that one time though. Another time we left at about 10:45 and it took us straight to the park.

Oh, OK I didn't know that. I remember being at either the first or second bus stop at POR and that was so convenient as to getting a seat.

Sometimes in the middle of the day they share, but POFQ is always the first stop. The one time we had to go to POR, it seemed to take forever to drive through and then around that resort!!

Well, I pulled the trigger and went with POFQ for 7 nights May 3-10. Saw they were almost done adding an interactive water play area for kids similar to what Poly has and was even more excited. That was DS4's favorite thing about the hotel last year.
I don't think you will regret it! We stayed at Beach Club last Labor Day, then I stayed at POFQ for the first time in December. My walks to the food court and bus stop were so much less. The bus rides were also really short with the exception of Animal Kingdom. It takes about 25 minutes to get there! The boat ride to Disney Springs is also such a fun/relaxing way to spend an evening.

Sometimes in the middle of the day they share, but POFQ is always the first stop. The one time we had to go to POR, it seemed to take forever to drive through and then around that resort!!

The MK buses only share for the first few buses of the day (and now Hollywood Studios does the same) but the others do so during off-peak daytime hours. The best info I have at the moment (as it can change regularly) is on portorleans.org/buses.php, but the current schedule seems to be:

Magic Kingdom: Shared service first thing in the morning only (for early character breakfasts)
Epcot: Shared service first thing in the morning (for early character breakfasts) and 11am—4pm
Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Shared service first thing in the morning only (for early character breakfasts)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom / Blizzard Beach: Shared service 11am—park closing. This bus also serves Blizzard Beach during the water park’s operating hours.
Disney Springs / Typhoon Lagoon: Shared service from around 8am until 2am, incorporating an Internal Resort Shuttle service. This bus also serves Typhoon Lagoon during the water park’s operating hours.

If your FQ bus is shared with Riverside, expect to add at least 10-15 minutes to the journey time.

Andre

Well I swapped my dates to November 12-19 for our trip. With my "certain" TA I got a standard view room for 3 adults, 1 child for 1230.00. Plus, I will be paying the balance with discounted Disney gift cards.

Wish I could have gotten a garden view, but I'm fine with a standard that for a $700 savings!

My family may see you there! We'll be there November 13-18th in a standard view. I'll be asking for building 4 again. I loved how close it was to the buses and the main building. Last time we overlooked a nice grassy area.

My family may see you there! We'll be there November 13-18th in a standard view. I'll be asking for building 4 again. I loved how close it was to the buses and the main building. Last time we overlooked a nice grassy area.

Hey, we might just be neighbors!

I will be returning to POFQ the first week of April. Does anyone have any pictures from this week of the new kids pool area?

I will be returning to POFQ the first week of April. Does anyone have any pictures from this week of the new kids pool area?

It's not open yet (currently they are still aiming for 29 Feb). Today's progress looked like this:

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20160211-135558_forum.jpg

They are also adding extra perimeter fencing and gates around the whole Doubloon Lagoon area. See www.portorleans.org/rehab.php for more info.

Andre

Awesome! We just booked at POFQ around that same time. When I showed the kids the pool they were super excited about the water slide. I am curious to see what the water play area will look like when it is complete.

Just booked a short 2nd honeymoon trip. Requested king bed room. Any way to know where those rooms typically are so we can consider room requests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter