Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

How many washers and dryers does POFQ have? I looked at laundry view and it showed quite a bit more than I was expecting for such a small resort. Are their numbers accurate?

Just booked a short 2nd honeymoon trip. Requested king bed room. Any way to know where those rooms typically are so we can consider room requests?

King Bed rooms are all around the resort (all on corners incidentally, which is a nice extra) including some overlooking the river which would be lovely. See my resort floorplan maps at www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for the specific locations of each booking category.

How many washers and dryers does POFQ have? I looked at laundry view and it showed quite a bit more than I was expecting for such a small resort. Are their numbers accurate?

The French Quarter laundry room has 16 washers and 24 dryers. The online LaundryView system monitors the live status of each of them, so you can actually see which ones are in use at any given time (although for some reason the text says there are 17 washers?). It's really cool, in a slightly invasive and nerdy way. :)

POFQ-Doubloon-2013b-1927_forum.jpg

Andre

Last edited:
King Bed rooms are all around the resort (all on corners incidentally, which is a nice extra) including some overlooking the river which would be lovely. See my resort floorplan maps at www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for the specific locations of each booking category.

The French Quarter laundry room has 16 washers and 24 dryers. The online LaundryView system monitors the live status of each of them, so you can actually see which ones are in use at any given time (although for some reason the text says there are 17 washers?). It's really cool, in a slightly invasive and nerdy way. :)

POFQ-Doubloon-2013b-1927_forum.jpg

Andre
Good deal! More washers, less laundry time.

Also, I still have my reservation with Disney for December dates and I have been trying to cancel it online but it won't let me. Any clues why?

Reminding once again.....using nicknames or abbreviations to bypass the site's filter, in order to promote a business that has been banned from the DISboards, is a violation of board rules.

Reminding once again.....using nicknames or abbreviations to bypass the site's filter, in order to promote a business that has been banned from the DISboards, is a violation of board rules.

Huh? Did I miss something? (or has an offending message been deleted already, in which case please ignore me!)

Andre

Just booked a short 2nd honeymoon trip. Requested king bed room. Any way to know where those rooms typically are so we can consider room requests?
Portorleans.org has maps showing all the room numbers and locations for the resort.

Arriving on Feb 29th. Hope they will have that kids pool area opened by then. My kids would flip out.
15 days left...so excited!

Well I swapped my dates to November 12-19 for our trip. With my "certain" TA I got a standard view room for 3 adults, 1 child for 1230.00. Plus, I will be paying the balance with discounted Disney gift cards.

Wish I could have gotten a garden view, but I'm fine with a standard that for a $700 savings!
Standard rooms at POFQ aren't that bad. My friend had one in building 4 close to bus stop and food court. Corner room. Great location and trees hid parking. I had the room In front of hers, a GV corner room. I looked out at food court and hot tub area.
I think some of the deluxe resorts have far worse standard views.

Oh, OK I didn't know that. I remember being at either the first or second bus stop at POR and that was so convenient as to getting a seat.
They also get their own boat service in the evening. This makes me so happy, trying to get to DTD dinner ADR was such a long wait last January 2015.

They did not for us. We requested top floor, away from pool, specific building numbers and close to or friends. They gave us exactly the opposite. We went back to registration, looked at a map and got what we wanted, no problem. Resort seemed half empty. Not sure why they didn't give us that in the first place!

We received exactly what we wanted the first time we faxed; second time, the exact OPPOSITE. I think it's just luck of the draw, to be honest.

Thanks Fla4fun. This is the exact type of information I was looking for. I was looking at bldg 6 to be a bit closer to lobby/busses and yet still close to POR. I really doubt the walk from 6 or 7 would be that long--I've only stayed at CBR so I'm guessing I'll be pleasantly surprised at how close everything is at POFQ.
I really dislike Building 7 because of the walk from the bus if it is raining. We seemed to get soaked each visit! I prefer being closer to the lobby.

Arriving on Feb 29th. Hope they will have that kids pool area opened by then. My kids would flip out.

I haven't heard that the date is going to be pushed back again (not yet anyway) so fingers-crossed you'll be fine.

This is how it was looking last night, most of the concrete work seems to be done now, and it looks like they have even fitted the gratings over the edge drainage channel:

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20160214-172654_forum.jpg

Andre

I haven't heard that the date is going to be pushed back again (not yet anyway) so fingers-crossed you'll be fine.

This is how it was looking last night, most of the concrete work seems to be done now, and it looks like they have even fitted the gratings over the edge drainage channel:

PO.org-Guest-RiverRooster-20160214-172654_forum.jpg

Andre
Wow, that is so exciting. It looks like it is really coming along! Looks great!

Can anyone tell me how much beignets are going for and how many I should expect to order for a family of 4 so that nobody tries to stab anyone in the eyeball for eating the last one? Family is me, DW, DS8, and DD5.

Can anyone tell me how much beignets are going for and how many I should expect to order for a family of 4 so that nobody tries to stab anyone in the eyeball for eating the last one? Family is me, DW, DS8, and DD5.

Beignets are $3.29 for three (or you can use a snack credit) or $4.59 for six. How many you want rather depends on how many you each plan to eat! I would say two each would probably not be excessive, but some people can eat quite a few! You can always order more if you run out of course.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter