Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Okay.. totally excited today!!! I just spent a few days at ASmo 2 weeks ago.. and the bed was like sleeping on a door. I have a trip in October for 7 nights and I was going to stay at ASMo, but I just changed to POFQ - Garden Room!!!

I stayed at POR last year and didn't like it for the main reason being it was TOO spread out. I also really didn't like the TV hard mounted to the wall and the loss of shelf space due to the murphy bed. But the beds were great and so was the service.

POFQ looks to have better room layouts, a MUCH smaller foot print, and 1 bus stop!

YAY!!!!

Just 152 days before our check in at POFQ! I miss my second home and I can't wait to be there again!

Me too! We leave Monday to head for NOLA, we are planning a Beignets taste test.

I'm originally from NOLA. Sorry to all PORFQ fans (me, too), but there is no comparison to beignets in New Orleans and to the ones at PORFQ. The NOLA ones are soooooo much better. Enjoy the real thing!

We will be there in 12 days! First time at POFQ. We have stayed 3 times at POR, and really enjoyed it there. But thought we would try here for a change up. Looking forward to being here and trying the beignets! :)

Offically switched from Pop to POFQ for November with Free Dining!!!! So happy to be going back to my favorite resort! I love everything about this resort. Not a fan of the beds at Pop and the beds at FQ are comfy! So so excited!!! 157 days to go!!!! :cool1:

I'm shipping water and some odd things we will need over, which I will do about 5 days before we check in so that they don't have to store it for too long, if at all. I know from past experiences there that after a certain time of day, parcels get taken over and stored at POR and you can arrange to collect them or have them brought over the next day. Do you think it is rude/cheeky to send a fax 2-3 days before we arrive asking if they could send the stuff to the front desk for us for arrival night? We are not likely to check in before around 8 pm and although I have planned for the first night not to have the shipped goods, it would be helpful if we could. I don't want to make them have to run around unnecessarily if it's going to cause difficulties for them.

I'm shipping water and some odd things we will need over, which I will do about 5 days before we check in so that they don't have to store it for too long, if at all. I know from past experiences there that after a certain time of day, parcels get taken over and stored at POR and you can arrange to collect them or have them brought over the next day. Do you think it is rude/cheeky to send a fax 2-3 days before we arrive asking if they could send the stuff to the front desk for us for arrival night? We are not likely to check in before around 8 pm and although I have planned for the first night not to have the shipped goods, it would be helpful if we could. I don't want to make them have to run around unnecessarily if it's going to cause difficulties for them.

What address are you using for shipping? The physical address or the PO box listed on the first page of this thread? Just wondering and still deciding if we will ship anything or not.
I wouldn't think it would be rude to ask if you asked nicely. Even if they couldn't make that happen, I don't think it hurts to ask.
10 days for us too! :goodvibes

What address are you using for shipping? The physical address or the PO box listed on the first page of this thread? Just wondering and still deciding if we will ship anything or not.
I wouldn't think it would be rude to ask if you asked nicely. Even if they couldn't make that happen, I don't think it hurts to ask.
10 days for us too! :goodvibes

Thanks I just wondered if my enthusiasm may be clouding my courtesy :rotfl:

I have always used the physical address, not the PO Box. I also checked last time with the front desk when I was ordering something for one of our Halloween parties and nothing had changed. :thumbsup2

I feel so unprepared for this trip and have just submitted an assignment and have another one to put in because it is due while we are away and I am so not studying on vacation, lol. If I can get it finished by the end of this week it gives me a few days to make sure I haven't forgotten anything important!

Does anyone know if water shoes are permitted IN the pool? Thanks.

I don't know. Are they water shoes or water socks? I would think it's fine although I can't confirm that. Can't say I've ever noticed anyone doing it, but that's not to say people don't.

Are they water shoes or water socks? I would think it's fine although I can't confirm that. Can't say I've ever noticed anyone doing it, but that's not to say people don't.
Water shoes. Is there such a thing as water socks? I will look into that.

The reason I ask us that DH doesn't like getting his feet out, but if he could wear something in the pool he will come swimming with the kids and I :)

Water shoes. Is there such a thing as water socks? I will look into that.

The reason I ask us that DH doesn't like getting his feet out, but if he could wear something in the pool he will come swimming with the kids and I :)

Water socks are thin and look like socks made from swim cap rubber. If you can grab a pair of those for him I am almost certain they would be ok as their are no hard parts on them. They fit like an expandable glove. They are often used to prevent contact with floors around the pool/in showers etc and also serve as a bit of protection for scorching your feet on hot cement.

Water socks are thin and look like socks made from swim cap rubber. If you can grab a pair of those for him I am almost certain they would be ok as their are no hard parts on them. They fit like an expandable glove. They are often used to prevent contact with floors around the pool/in showers etc and also serve as a bit of protection for scorching your feet on hot cement.
Are they like verruca socks?

Now you're going to have to educate me :rotfl: This is the sort of thing I had in mind. They are much thinner than the water shoes. Swim Socks
LOL in the UK, we were always encouraged to wear a thin rubber sock (usually a cream/off-white colour), when swimming if we had a verruca (generally when having swimming lessons with the school). I don't think they are worn now as research seemed to show that they were unnecessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter