• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

When I used Garden Grocer, I told them at check in I had a package and they had someone from Bell Services send my order over to my room on a dolly. If you do it this way you might want to tip for the service :)

They will bring it to the room but I always go collect it from the desk. This year may be an exception however, but they have always offered to send it over.

Ok thanks.

When looking at Amazon Prime (for US anyway) they seem to have a new thing called Grocery Box. They sell smaller sized groceries for a regular lower price but you are charged one flat fee for the box. I'm not sure what else we would want that they have besides the water so still wondering about it. Like the case of water is $4.00 but then you have about $6.00 shipping on the box. You can fill the box up and still pay the same shipping. Or you can order a case of water the regular way for about $12. I guess we could use some breakfast bars, especially since my suitcase seems to be filled up. Or one of us could bring a second carry on with a bunch of bars and food. Still have to think about this.

You don't have to be a costco member to order their water and for a case it was around $7-8 including shipping and the water. You only need to order it a few days in advance. I think I ordered it 6 days out and it ended up being delivered in 2 days. They had no issue storing it until we got there and I just asked at the front desk and they brought it out to me.

You don't have to be a costco member to order their water and for a case it was around $7-8 including shipping and the water. You only need to order it a few days in advance. I think I ordered it 6 days out and it ended up being delivered in 2 days. They had no issue storing it until we got there and I just asked at the front desk and they brought it out to me.

Oh, I didn't think of them. Thanks. I'll check.

Ok thanks.

When looking at Amazon Prime (for US anyway) they seem to have a new thing called Grocery Box. They sell smaller sized groceries for a regular lower price but you are charged one flat fee for the box. I'm not sure what else we would want that they have besides the water so still wondering about it. Like the case of water is $4.00 but then you have about $6.00 shipping on the box. You can fill the box up and still pay the same shipping. Or you can order a case of water the regular way for about $12. I guess we could use some breakfast bars, especially since my suitcase seems to be filled up. Or one of us could bring a second carry on with a bunch of bars and food. Still have to think about this.

I got a case of 24 bottles of 16.9 oz waters (ordered 2 cases) for $8.30 with free shipping because I ordered (way more than) $25. On the note of Amazon, i placed my order earlier working by their shipping estimates of 7-8 days. Well I ordered a total of 14 items, which are supposed to come in 3 shipments. That's all great, but I keep getting notifications of one item at a time being shipped. Please tell me that I am not going to end up with 14 boxes at the resort! :scared1: Not only will it be inconvenient but the staff will not be impressed. I feel awful now. This has never happened before. Is it just a new way of sending notifications of dispatch? I might have to send a fax and apologize to them rather than ask for them to hold it at POFQ for our late check in :headache:

We usually drive to Fl and stay offsite in a vacation rental so this might sound like a silly question. Will the reception desk at the resort print boarding passes for guests and allow them to do their on line check in 24 hours in advance. I am also uncertain about bringing my laptop on the trip. Don't have a tablet or smaller device. It would feel funny not to be able to be "connected". Thanks for any info that can be provided. Grammy :confused3

We usually drive to Fl and stay offsite in a vacation rental so this might sound like a silly question. Will the reception desk at the resort print boarding passes for guests and allow them to do their on line check in 24 hours in advance. I am also uncertain about bringing my laptop on the trip. Don't have a tablet or smaller device. It would feel funny not to be able to be "connected". Thanks for any info that can be provided. Grammy :confused3

Yes they can print boarding passes for you. For many airlines you can even do the whole Airline Checkin process there at the resort desk, including dropping off your hold baggage rather than having to carry everything to the airport. So you can still do it even if you don't bring your own laptop.

Andre

I got a case of 24 bottles of 16.9 oz waters (ordered 2 cases) for $8.30 with free shipping because I ordered (way more than) $25. On the note of Amazon, i placed my order earlier working by their shipping estimates of 7-8 days. Well I ordered a total of 14 items, which are supposed to come in 3 shipments. That's all great, but I keep getting notifications of one item at a time being shipped. Please tell me that I am not going to end up with 14 boxes at the resort! :scared1: Not only will it be inconvenient but the staff will not be impressed. I feel awful now. This has never happened before. Is it just a new way of sending notifications of dispatch? I might have to send a fax and apologize to them rather than ask for them to hold it at POFQ for our late check in :headache:

I have noticed with Amazon you never know how they are going to arrive. Sometimes they ship two orders together, sometimes they split up items from one order. Probably not everything will have it's own box, but sounds like you will have more than 3. I always assumed it had something to do with which warehouse things are in. Annoying, but it can't be the first time it's happened at the resort.

Yes they can print boarding passes for you. For many airlines you can even do the whole Airline Checkin process there at the resort desk, including dropping off your hold baggage rather than having to carry everything to the airport. So you can still do it even if you don't bring your own laptop.

Andre

Thanks!:)

Does anyone know the square footage of the rooms? Trying to decide between Pop and POFQ and am having a heck of time figuring out which way to go. I know the Pop rooms are 260sf but I can't find the dimensions of POFQ rooms anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know the square footage of the rooms? Trying to decide between Pop and POFQ and am having a heck of time figuring out which way to go. I know the Pop rooms are 260sf but I can't find the dimensions of POFQ rooms anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

314 sq ft

BTW, if you went to google and typed in Port Orleans square feet there are many links that will give you the answer. Oh, and of course you could find the answer on Andre's site and the answer is in the first post of this thread.

Thanks for both the sf info and the chastisement. I am posting from my phone and reading tiny type isn't really good for my old eyes right now - especially without my reading glasses. Plus, search sucks on the phone. But hey, thanks for the info!

Thanks for both the sf info and the chastisement. I am posting from my phone and reading tiny type isn't really good for my old eyes right now - especially without my reading glasses. Plus, search sucks on the phone. But hey, thanks for the info!

Wow, that sure was a heartfelt and sincere thank you. I was just giving you some of the many ways you could have found the information, not chastising. A bit touchy aren't we? Oh, and you're welcome.

I have noticed with Amazon you never know how they are going to arrive. Sometimes they ship two orders together, sometimes they split up items from one order. Probably not everything will have it's own box, but sounds like you will have more than 3. I always assumed it had something to do with which warehouse things are in. Annoying, but it can't be the first time it's happened at the resort.

Thanks. I have never had notifications come through this way so I was confused. I didnt expect everything to come in one box because the waters alone would need to be separate due to size/weight, but I wasn't prepared for 14 boxes so here's hoping. What you say makes sense. Hopefully that is amazon's logic too :rotfl:

Wow, that sure was a heartfelt and sincere thank you. I was just giving you some of the many ways you could have found the information, not chastising. A bit touchy aren't we? Oh, and you're welcome.

Having been on these boards for quite some time I am we'll aware how search works and i@' sure if you've been here for any length of time you know how search can be. My husband asked what the sf was, had no access to anything besides my phone so chose to ask on this thread hoping someone would be kind enough to have the answer right at hand . I sincerely appreciate the sf info. I found the other info a bit superfluous. If that makes me "touchy" so be it.

Having been on these boards for quite some time I am we'll aware how search works and i@' sure if you've been here for any length of time you know how search can be. My husband asked what the sf was, had no access to anything besides my phone so chose to ask on this thread hoping someone would be kind enough to have the answer right at hand . I sincerely appreciate the sf info. I found the other info a bit superfluous. If that makes me "touchy" so be it.

Ah, but what you said was "I know the Pop rooms are 260sf but I can't find the dimensions of POFQ rooms anywhere." You didn't say you only had access to your phone. Saying you can't find the dimensions anywhere lead me to believe that you had actually looked somewhere. You don't need the search function to read the first post in this thread either.

Superfluous? Practically every post on these boards is superfluous by at least one definition of the word. I could have ended my reply at 314 sq ft but I thought you might appreciate a little more information. I was wrong. I won't let it happen again. I'll have to remind myself not to be superfluous when I'm trying to help someone on these boards. Again, you're welcome. Have a magical day.

When I wake up tomorrow I'll only have 39 days until POFQ!! Can't wait. (Just thought I'd lighten the mood and break up the SF search debate... ;) )

When I wake up tomorrow I'll only have 39 days until POFQ!! Can't wait. (Just thought I'd lighten the mood and break up the SF search debate... ;) )

Don't worry there's no debate. I'm done with that. Hey, I think your post is a bit superfluous. Just kidding.

Ughh 151 days for us until we arrive at my home away from home resort!!!! Seems like its dragging but I know I will regret saying that once the trip is here and gone and I'm having the disney blues!! :joker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter