• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

LOL in the UK, we were always encouraged to wear a thin rubber sock (usually a cream/off-white colour), when swimming if we had a verruca (generally when having swimming lessons with the school). I don't think they are worn now as research seemed to show that they were unnecessary.

Ok, now I have to jump in. I looked up verruca sock and found all kinds of UK places selling a tight sock thing, but what on earth is a verruca? :confused3 All I can think of is Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. :confused3

I have to say I never heard of any sort of sock for the pool- Verruca or otherwise.

I have often shipped water to PO FQ and it is always there for me. Sometimes it takes them a few minutes to find it but it's never been sent to POR.

Totally off topic, I apologize, but I just now noticed that Andre is in Birmingham. I have several friends from Brum, and I visited there two years ago for the Christmas Market! I was in Wolverhampton for a concert and took the train into Brum to witness the bedlam. :thumbsup2

A verruca is a virus-induced wart, mostly found on the sole of the foot, also known as a plantar wart or myrmecia. They are viral, and are spread by direct or indirect contact (hence the advice to avoid communal showers, walking in bare feet, etc). See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart

Andre

Sorry, I assumed 'verruca' was a world-wide term... oops!
Never heard it called that before.

I have often shipped water to PO FQ and it is always there for me. Sometimes it takes them a few minutes to find it but it's never been sent to POR.
Where do you have it shipped from?

It's not a problem if we check in later in the afternoon, but when we have arrived in the evening, it has always been at POR and we've had to call to arrange the delivery/collection the next day.

Where do you have it shipped from?

I use Amazon, just because it's easy and if you pick the right cases you can get free delivery. I always order other things from there so the minimum spend is met to qualify.

It's not a problem if we check in later in the afternoon, but when we have arrived in the evening, it has always been at POR and we've had to call to arrange the delivery/collection the next day.

I use Amazon, just because it's easy and if you pick the right cases you can get free delivery. I always order other things from there so the minimum spend is met to qualify.

Oh good. We have Prime so we get free two day shipping anyway. I was wondering if the whole "Guest At" thing would fit in to their address spot. I guess it does. Thanks!

Oh good. We have Prime so we get free two day shipping anyway. I was wondering if the whole "Guest At" thing would fit in to their address spot. I guess it does. Thanks!

Amazon is a bit of a pain for me at the moment. I have a bunch of stuff in the cart as I thought it would be easier to keep it in there than get it mixed up with non vacation items in a wish list. Of course the daily maintenance on that cart is another story. At least once a day something goes out of stock and I have to find an alternative, and then sometimes the original things I wanted become available so I have been constantly switching things around. The total looks like a yo-yo trail :rotfl: I just want to order and get it shipped but I don't want it laying around for days as there are 2 cases of water in there and I'm conscious of it taking up real estate in their store room which isn't really fair for a prolonged period.

Amazon is a bit of a pain for me at the moment. I have a bunch of stuff in the cart as I thought it would be easier to keep it in there than get it mixed up with non vacation items in a wish list. Of course the daily maintenance on that cart is another story. At least once a day something goes out of stock and I have to find an alternative, and then sometimes the original things I wanted become available so I have been constantly switching things around. The total looks like a yo-yo trail :rotfl: I just want to order and get it shipped but I don't want it laying around for days as there are 2 cases of water in there and I'm conscious of it taking up real estate in their store room which isn't really fair for a prolonged period.
Oh, DH told me I should start sticking things in the cart. Wonder if we will have that issue too.
Do they bring it to your room? Or do you have to pick it up at the front desk? I can't imagine trying to carry two cases of water to your room in the heat and humidity!

When I used Garden Grocer, I told them at check in I had a package and they had someone from Bell Services send my order over to my room on a dolly. If you do it this way you might want to tip for the service :)

Oh, DH told me I should start sticking things in the cart. Wonder if we will have that issue too.
Do they bring it to your room? Or do you have to pick it up at the front desk? I can't imagine trying to carry two cases of water to your room in the heat and humidity!

If I was arriving on a Thursday evening, and wanted to have an Amazon delivery waiting for me, what day should I order it?

I have Prime in the UK, but don't know if it would apply to orders in the US...

Don't know how international prime works, but I place my standard delivery order about 5-6 days ahead of time, and it's always been waiting there for me. You can track it once it ships so you will always know where it is. :thumbsup2

They will bring it to the room but I always go collect it from the desk. This year may be an exception however, but they have always offered to send it over.

What's the Downtown Disney Marketplace
boat dock situation? Have they finished construction or is it ongoing?

I have worn water shoes in the pool with no problems and so have my kids. I don't know why anyone would have a problem with them since they are designed to be used in the water.

Because of the constructions that they are doing downtown, I heard they move from where the boat from POFQ dropped you off in DTD. where is the new drop off?

Because of the constructions that they are doing downtown, I heard they move from where the boat from POFQ dropped you off in DTD. where is the new drop off?

From the awesome portorleans.org

The Downtown Disney Marketplace ferry dock (located next to the Rainforest Cafe) will be closed from 22 February 2014 until the fall for construction work related to the new Disney Springs project at Downtown Disney. In the meantime, the Port Orleans river ferry boats will still run as normal, but they will use the Pleasure Island dock in the centre of Downtown Disney instead.

The temporary new routes will be as follows:

•Port Orleans River Cruise – Yellow Route
Service between Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts
•Disney Vacation Club Ferry – Blue Route
Service between Downtown Disney West Side and Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Resort & Spa and the Treehouse Villas
•Internal Downtown Disney Water Taxi – Red Route
Service between Downtown Disney West Side and Pleasure Island only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter