• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone ever stayed in a River View room in building 2? If so, was it loud(boat horns?) since it's close to the boat dock?

Anyone know where to post things about DTD? I can't find a board for it.

Just been looking at the merchandise photos from Marketplace Co-op - sooo excited to go there!!!! But wondered where in DTD it was located...

Anyone ever stayed in a River View room in building 2? If so, was it loud(boat horns?) since it's close to the boat dock?
We stayed in a River View room in building 2 on the second floor. We loved it! The boat horns were vaguely audible in the room but it was not at all intrusive. It did not interfere with sleep for us or the kids at all. And we loved walking out the door and seeing the river in the morning, so peaceful.

:thumbsup2

(They really need a 'seething with jealousy' emoticon)

Do they serve them all day???

I think so. There are construction walls up outside of the float works. I asked today what was going on. The CM said it was a present:) It doesn't affect anything just thought it was interesting.

I have a few quick questions as we are trying to decide where to stay pre & post cruise. We are cruising during spring break in April 2015, but depending on the flight schedule, we will be flying down to Orlando a day or two ahead of time and just have a few days to chill before the cruise. No parks.

1. Has anyone stayed at POFQ pre-cruise and used DCL transport to Port Canaveral? How did that work for you? Do they transport your luggage or will we be taking it on the DCL bus with us (which I don't mind doing at all, we've done it with ME when we've had late flights).

2. I'm wondering about pick up times from POFQ and what time we can expect to get to the port.

3. We'd like a room close to the pool and close to laundry, although pool is more important. I can't tell from the map I was looking at; is laundry near the pool? I'm likely to do a load or two the night before we leave for our cruise and then again when we come back post cruise. I don't like to take dirty laundry home. Crazy I know.

4. Since we will be there on Easter Sunday, we are thinking of doing the Yachtsman for dinner that evening. What is the best way to get over to the YC? Cab?

Thank you.

I have a few quick questions as we are trying to decide where to stay pre & post cruise. We are cruising during spring break in April 2015, but depending on the flight schedule, we will be flying down to Orlando a day or two ahead of time and just have a few days to chill before the cruise. No parks. 1. Has anyone stayed at POFQ pre-cruise and used DCL transport to Port Canaveral? How did that work for you? Do they transport your luggage or will we be taking it on the DCL bus with us (which I don't mind doing at all, we've done it with ME when we've had late flights). 2. I'm wondering about pick up times from POFQ and what time we can expect to get to the port. 3. We'd like a room close to the pool and close to laundry, although pool is more important. I can't tell from the map I was looking at; is laundry near the pool? I'm likely to do a load or two the night before we leave for our cruise and then again when we come back post cruise. I don't like to take dirty laundry home. Crazy I know. 4. Since we will be there on Easter Sunday, we are thinking of doing the Yachtsman for dinner that evening. What is the best way to get over to the YC? Cab? Thank you.
I can address #4. Lol. Cab will probably take you there much quicker. If you don't want the expense, take the bus to Hollywood Studios, then proceed to the boat launch. The Friendship boat leisurely will take you first to the Swan/Dolphin, then Beach & Yacht Club, and then continue to Boardwalk and then EPCOT International Gateway entrance. When you leave, you can use the Friendship Boat to get back to HS or EPCOT to take bus back to POFQ. You will need park ticket at EPCOT but not at HS to use bus transportation, since you don't actually "enter" HS. :-) "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I can address #4. Lol. Cab will probably take you there much quicker. If you don't want the expense, take the bus to Hollywood Studios, then proceed to the boat launch. The Friendship boat leisurely will take you first to the Swan/Dolphin, then Beach & Yacht Club, and then continue to Boardwalk and then EPCOT International Gateway entrance. When you leave, you can use the Friendship Boat to get back to HS or EPCOT to take bus back to POFQ. You will need park ticket at EPCOT but not at HS to use bus transportation, since you don't actually "enter" HS. :-) "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DUH!!! Should have known this since we just stayed that the YC in January. Thanks for the reminder :)

The laundry room is between the pool and the hot tub, Building 5 facing the pool is the closest building to both.

Thanks!

I think so. There are construction walls up outside of the float works. I asked today what was going on. The CM said it was a present:) It doesn't affect anything just thought it was interesting.

Are you still here? We are leaving tomorrow afternoon have several bottles of water leftover if you would like to have them.

Stayed at bldg 5 riverview near the dock and it was never an issue for us . We could hear the boat but it stops before midnight and to us it wasn't loud . They also sound the horn as they pull away and head to Riverside.

Are you still here? We are leaving tomorrow afternoon have several bottles of water leftover if you would like to have them.

We are still here. Thanks for the offer, but we are all set for water.

What did you think of the bus system this week? We haven't had to wait very long at the parks, but we have waited here at the resort for quite awhile. We waited 30+ minutes on consecutive days. Before you say, "You must have just missed one", On both occasions, a family was there 5-10 minutes before we arrived at the bus depot. Yesterday was better. I hope the trend continues.

Don't get me wrong. Everything else about this resort has been wonderful.

Thanks again for the offer of water.

2Tiggies, the guys are waiting on you!! Have a great holiday both of you.

872f0055baa33191e1b32922926adcbd_zpsd91995f6.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter