Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not sure that this is true anymore about them not accepting faxes. Touring Plans currently has a room selection aspect to their site now that you can see the views from all rooms. And you can also have them fax your specific room requests for you. Or they give you the information to fax it yourself. It's been going good from what I've seen reported. So, I think faxing requests is back "on"

I'm going to give the faxed room request thing a try. I don't subscribe to Touring Plans, but I took the information from there and am going to try to do it myself using GotFreeFax.com. I am using the template from the Port Orleans thread. I had success with it at POR - hoping for it again at Pop! I will definitely report back to let you all know if it worked - and if it does, I'll post the template! I will be there mid-August.

I know this might be a silly question... but this is our first POP stay. Are all the interiors of the rooms the same in each bldg.? I.e. the 70s rooms are not more 70s décor than the 50s? All the same? Thanks!

I know this might be a silly question... but this is our first POP stay. Are all the interiors of the rooms the same in each bldg.? I.e. the 70s rooms are not more 70s décor than the 50s? All the same? Thanks!
They are all the same except there is a different decade framed print in each one of the decades. But that is it.

I'm going to give the faxed room request thing a try. I don't subscribe to Touring Plans, but I took the information from there and am going to try to do it myself using GotFreeFax.com. I am using the template from the Port Orleans thread. I had success with it at POR - hoping for it again at Pop! I will definitely report back to let you all know if it worked - and if it does, I'll post the template! I will be there mid-August.

Cool! I look forward to hearing your results :goodvibes
I also do not subscribe to Touring Plans, and already had made up one for myself to fax based on their format and information. I'm going to try it for our stay at All Star Sports in September. I have it ready to go and will do it about 5 days before our checkin date from our fax at my work office.

I knew I'd have another question...

I am traveling with my mom and we have a standard room booked. I've requested TWO beds...is the King bed room a separate booking category? I'm just wondering if I have to worry about the possibility of sharing a bed with my mother:scared:. Our flight lands at 9:55am and we are taking DME to the resort so even if we get assigned a King bed room, I think we will be there early enough to request a re-assignment if available.

I am traveling with my mom and we have a standard room booked. I've requested TWO beds...is the King bed room a separate booking category? I'm just wondering if I have to worry about the possibility of sharing a bed with my mother. Our flight lands at 9:55am and we are taking DME to the resort so even if we get assigned a King bed room, I think we will be there early enough to request a re-assignment if available.

No, at Pop, king bed rooms are by request only, not bookable. The good news is there are relatively few king bed rooms vs. the rooms with two double beds, so in your case you should be okay.

I am traveling with my mom and we have a standard room booked. I've requested TWO beds...is the King bed room a separate booking category? I'm just wondering if I have to worry about the possibility of sharing a bed with my mother:scared:. Our flight lands at 9:55am and we are taking DME to the resort so even if we get assigned a King bed room, I think we will be there early enough to request a re-assignment if available.
Mods are the only resorts that have king rooms as a bookable category.
King rooms are usually in high demand by request. So I wouldn't worry. Chances are super slim to none that you will get one having not requested one.

No, at Pop, king bed rooms are by request only, not bookable. The good news is there are relatively few king bed rooms vs. the rooms with two double beds, so in your case you should be okay.

I requested one of those Kings for our trip over Labor Day weekend, *fingers crossed* it comes through. We will survive if we have a double bed, but the King sounded like perfection for us. I plan on calling WDW again about 10 days before we go, I believe someone on disboards recommended doing that.

I requested one of those Kings for our trip over Labor Day weekend, *fingers crossed* it comes through. We will survive if we have a double bed, but the King sounded like perfection for us. I plan on calling WDW again about 10 days before we go, I believe someone on disboards recommended doing that.
Off topic, I adore your name and icon! I loved Pete's Dragon when I was a kid! We saw Pete in the electric parade in 2013, he was riding Elliot and this little kid beside us said to him, "Who are you?" And he proudly said loudly, "I'm Pete!" like the kid should have known that. It was hilarious :rotfl:

Off topic, I adore your name and icon! I loved Pete's Dragon when I was a kid! We saw Pete in the electric parade in 2013, he was riding Elliot and this little kid beside us said to him, "Who are you?" And he proudly said loudly, "I'm Pete!" like the kid should have known that. It was hilarious :rotfl:

Pete's Dragon was one of my favorite Disney movies as a kid! I am always so happy they continue to have Elliot & Pete represented at the Electrical Light Parade. I took about a decade off of WDW and have a FP to see the Electrical Light Parade during my Sept trip, I am SOOO excited to see Elliot & Pete! :donald: I don't find it that suprising that kids don't know of Pete's Dragon. I myself only just recently saw the Aristocats :oops:... either way thanks for knowing my name's reference, have a brazzle dazzle day! ::MinnieMo

181 days until our 3rd stay at Pop/3rd Disney cruise (hmm. A theme? Perhaps!)!

My *only* request that my TA is handling is NO connecting rooms. We always seem to get them, with some family that has a biological clock about 3 hours later than our's and MAN it's noisy. Haha. So many people want them and don't get them... I don't want them and we always get stuck!

6 weeks from today!!! Can't wait to be back at POP!

It was six weeks for us from yesterday until my DH suggested going to the keys for a few days first. I'm good with that, but will be a long drive to Orlando. We now check in at POP on Tuesday the 8th.

So excited to be staying at Pop for the first time! Just got my "disney mail" yesterday-- always a fun thing!! This will also be my first semi-solo trip (first two nights solo then meeting a friend) and I'm excited about discovering the fun of Pop on my own. I'm sure I will be looking through these pages for answers to many questions that will come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter