Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you miss out on the "welcome packet" though? My husband and I have never stayed at POP before and I want to do online check in, but I want to go to the lobby and get a map and all that too. Will we miss out on that stuff?

IF you set up your pin on line and provided a credit card for incidentals and an email or cell #, they will text you your room # and you can go straight to the room or to a park without going to the front desk. BUT, you can always go to the front desk if you want to :goodvibes
You welcome packet with all the park info, buttons, maps etc, will be waiting for you in your room.:thumbsup2

My daughter (almost 20) and two friends will be staying at POP from October 31st-November 6th.

We've never stayed at POP before - so can somebody suggest the best building they should request? They would prefer close to the buses and possibly a quieter building if that even exists!

From looking at the map - I thought maybe the 70s or 80s?

Any input would be so great - thanks!

What room category are they booked? That makes a big difference. Let us know and we can try to help with suggestions. :disrocks:

IF you set up your pin on line and provided a credit card for incidentals and an email or cell #, they will text you your room # and you can go straight to the room or to a park without going to the front desk. BUT, you can always go to the front desk if you want to :goodvibes
You welcome packet with all the park info, buttons, maps etc, will be waiting for you in your room.:thumbsup2

This is not 100% accurate. Just because you do online check in does not guarantee you'll be able to go straight to your room. After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 10 days before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process or about 10 days out you will receive an email stating the same. Once you arrive at Pop, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at Pop head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

This is not 100% accurate. Just because you do online check in does not guarantee you'll be able to go straight to your room. After completing Online Check In you will have one of the following 3 experiences:

Bypass The Front Desk - You will receive an email about 10 days before your arrival saying Congratulations, you will be able to Bypass The Front Desk. When you arrive on property, you will get a text. If you room is ready, the text will have your room number. If it's not ready, the text will say so and then say you will receive another text once your room is ready. Either way you can now head to the parks if you want.

Streamlined Check In - Once completing Online Check In you will receive a pop-up stating you will be able to participate in the Streamline Check In process or about 10 days out you will receive an email stating the same. Once you arrive at Pop, you will proceed to the Streamlined Check In Kiosk and hand the CM there your ID. They will check your ID and if your room is ready, they will give you your room number. If it's not ready, you will receive a text with your room number when it is. You can now head to the parks.

Online Check In - If do not receive the Bypass the Front Desk email nor the Streamlined Check In pop-up, when you arrive at Pop head to the Online Check In desk to the right of the normal check in desk. The CM there will check your ID and if your room is ready they will give you your room number. If it's not, you will receive a text with your room number when it is ready. You can now head to the parks.

Nobody has been able to figure out how they decide who gets to do what. We were traveling together with another family, on the same plane, on the same ME bus, same packages, etc and we were able to Bypass The Front Desk and they did the Streamlined Check In.

Thank you dansdad! I knew that someone with a lot more details and info would chime in. I stand corrected and thank you for the details. Learn something new everyday :disrocks:Sorry for all the misinformation I provided :faint:

I'm getting so super excited about our trip Next Month :D I've never been to Pop before, just curious, are there still "pool games" during the "winter months" and also on holidays? (we arrive Thanksgiving day but our first park day is not until the Saturday after, and coming from North Dakota, I can bet money my kids will beg to swim!)
Also, are there some cool decorations at Pop/AoA that we can explore easily/when we have a spare hour or so and haven't ventured out?

Thanks!!!

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow North Dakotan :) Have a great time at Pop! We love it there!

Standard - but about 30 minutes after I asked the question, we signed on to her account and then looked at the map of the resort.

All bets were off when she saw there were Lady & the Tramp wings in the 50s...LOL

Seriously - 20 years old and still a tiny kid at heart!

Standard - but about 30 minutes after I asked the question, we signed on to her account and then looked at the map of the resort.

All bets were off when she saw there were Lady & the Tramp wings in the 50s...LOL

Seriously - 20 years old and still a tiny kid at heart!
Plenty of great standard rooms in the 50's. Make sure they check off 50's during on line check in. 4th floor will give you the quietest room and building 1 will get them closest to transportation. NOW....that is 3 different requests and we know that 50's is the most important, sooooo IMHO, they would need to decide if "closest to transportation" or quiet (4th floor) would be the next most important request.
If they check off 50's and close to transportation-that should get them in building 1 (Lady), on the back side.
If they check off 50's and 4th floor, that could get them in an of the buildings (Lady building 1, Jukebox building 2; which is a pretty long hike) or Tramp building 3).
If they check of 50's and lakeview, which is another quiet area, that could get them into building 2 or 3.
Here is the map with all the room categories highlighted. Standard rooms are all the ones that are not highlighted. This should give them a better idea of where the standard rooms are available in the 50's section.
PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Ok POP friends, I have a question- I actually posted it as a new thread but I thought I would post it here too. With all our conversation earlier and the great info that dansdad provided about the different types of check in, I decided to go and check what type of check in that I had. :confused:

My daughter and I both have Streamline Check-in and if I would have read the whole thing, i would have known that I need to show our ID when we get to POP. (I am so sorry HizMinnie2015 if I mislead or confused you :goodvibes)

That made think of a question about what time to show for our arrival time during on-line check in.

Our flight will not be landing until 11:50pm. By the time we get our luggage and get to ME (20-30 min) + 45 minute ride to POP (if we are the first or only drop off), I am thinking our check in time will be sometime between 1-1:30am :faint:. The latest time available in the drop down is "after midnight". Should I actually choose that or should I choose "not sure"? Any suggestions???

Does anyone know what they use that information for?

Also, with "streamline Check-in"(now that I understand it:rotfl:), with an after midnight check in, when would/should I expect to get my room # texted to me?

:thanks:in advance!

We had a flight arrival of 8:40 pm. Got to POP at 10:00 pm. Left for the airport at 3:00 pm. I was at home, 2:00 pm, and got the room number assignment. I would choose the latest arrival time, so if that is midnight I'd pick that. You could pick your flight arrival time, too.

We had a flight arrival of 8:40 pm. Got to POP at 10:00 pm. Left for the airport at 3:00 pm. I was at home, 2:00 pm, and got the room number assignment. I would choose the latest arrival time, so if that is midnight I'd pick that. You could pick your flight arrival time, too.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH DisneyRunner2009! Great info!

Anyone able to shed some light on this? It's my oldest DS's birthday on 30 nov. Is there anything secial that will happen if we mention this at check in (26nov)?
It's gonna be stinkin magical as it is but...csan't hurt to try to add to the surprise!

Anyone able to shed some light on this? It's my oldest DS's birthday on 30 nov. Is there anything secial that will happen if we mention this at check in (26nov)?
It's gonna be stinkin magical as it is but...csan't hurt to try to add to the surprise!

You can note it on your reservation and they'll have a birthday button for him and maybe a balloon. I have gotten a few birthday messages left on my phone once I got to the room. At TS restaurants if you note it they will often bring out a cupcake for the birthday person.

My husband goes to DW the week of his birthday every year. I ask for a birthday button at checkin. You can set up a birthday phone call from a character in your room on the day of his birthday too.

Plenty of great standard rooms in the 50's. Make sure they check off 50's during on line check in. 4th floor will give you the quietest room and building 1 will get them closest to transportation. NOW....that is 3 different requests and we know that 50's is the most important, sooooo IMHO, they would need to decide if "closest to transportation" or quiet (4th floor) would be the next most important request.
If they check off 50's and close to transportation-that should get them in building 1 (Lady), on the back side.
If they check off 50's and 4th floor, that could get them in an of the buildings (Lady building 1, Jukebox building 2; which is a pretty long hike) or Tramp building 3).
If they check of 50's and lakeview, which is another quiet area, that could get them into building 2 or 3.
Here is the map with all the room categories highlighted. Standard rooms are all the ones that are not highlighted. This should give them a better idea of where the standard rooms are available in the 50's section.
PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Thanks!! She went with "50s" and "4th floor" I believe - I'll point out that "close to transport" will possibly get her in the Lady building!

My husband goes to DW the week of his birthday every year. I ask for a birthday button at checkin. You can set up a birthday phone call from a character in your room on the day of his birthday too.
awesome!!! Do I call for that ahead of checkin? Or...the character phone call I mean
thank you guys!

DisneyRunner2009, from what I have read from dansdad, the only ones that get their room # texted to them are the ones that get "Bypass the front desk" during on-line check in. Since my on-line check in says "streamline check in, present you id at the front desk....." I understand that I won't get my room # until I present my ID at POP. You must have had "Bypass the front desk" during on line check in. Thank you again for all the great info/timeline. That really helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter