Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting so super excited about our trip Next Month :D I've never been to Pop before, just curious, are there still "pool games" during the "winter months" and also on holidays? (we arrive Thanksgiving day but our first park day is not until the Saturday after, and coming from North Dakota, I can bet money my kids will beg to swim!)
Also, are there some cool decorations at Pop/AoA that we can explore easily/when we have a spare hour or so and haven't ventured out?

Thanks!!!

I'm getting so super excited about our trip Next Month :D I've never been to Pop before, just curious, are there still "pool games" during the "winter months" and also on holidays? (we arrive Thanksgiving day but our first park day is not until the Saturday after, and coming from North Dakota, I can bet money my kids will beg to swim!)
Also, are there some cool decorations at Pop/AoA that we can explore easily/when we have a spare hour or so and haven't ventured out?

Thanks!!!
One of the great things at POP is that they have sooo many activities all day. My DGK's LOVE our resort off day! Make sure you pick up a guide at the front desk that tells about all the activities. The pools are heated and normally the weather during November isn't too cold to swim with the heated pools. POP is such a fun resort for the kids. And truly that is what it is all about! Nothing fancy, but a fun environment with a comfy place to lay your head at night. And if you get the chance, walk across the bridge to AoA and look around, the kids will love it. This will be our 9th consecutive stay at Pop.
We leave the day you get there! 35 days before we leave! AHHHH I CANT WAIT!:jumping1:

Safe travels for your family!

I am not the biggest fan of burgers but when I do eat them I pretty much stick to the basics, so those look absolutely unappealing. However the Johnny Appleseed Sandwich might be worth trying (if they can fit it on a wheat free bun anyway). Has anyone had it? and if you have did the slaw have onions in it?

Last week (or maybe the week before) someone reported that the computer pool was being fenced. Is there anyone there now who can confirm if this is complete? Or are the other pools currently being fenced?

Sorry if this has been asked before but are there any benefits to doing online check in other then avoiding the line?

Sorry if this has been asked before but are there any benefits to doing online check in other then avoiding the line?
Your room is ready, your magic band is activated and they text you your room number so you can go straight to your room or straight to a park and then to your room when you are done.

We are first timers; when we did online check in we got our confirmation that said we were streamlined for check in- meaning we still have to go to front desk to show ID. Which is fine in our case as we are new and were going to desk anyhow; but I would think this wouldn't make a veteran visitor very happy.

Your room is ready, your magic band is activated and they text you your room number so you can go straight to your room or straight to a park and then to your room when you are done.

Do you miss out on the "welcome packet" though? My husband and I have never stayed at POP before and I want to do online check in, but I want to go to the lobby and get a map and all that too. Will we miss out on that stuff?

Just checked out after 2 nights at pop. We had a FL resident rate for a standard room. We were upgraded to a preferred room and were given a king bed (not requested). My mom and I were thrilled with the location, first floor, and 70s building 10 near the parking lot (since I had a car). Check in was fine but pretty busy. Food court always seemed quite busy but it was a holiday weekend! Pool was nice and cool since our temps have been in the lower 80s during the day and 60s at night. Only used the bus to and from Epcot once but it was quick and not packed in either direction but we went and left and non-peek times. The biggest change was they finally added 30 min check in parking!!!! Housekeeping was good but didn't come until after 3:30. Thankfully we didn't have small kids who needed a nap but I think I will request the housekeeping next time I stay at Wdw. We did online check-in for a 9am arrival. We didn't make it there till about 10:15 and the room was ready right at noon. Overall great 2 nights!

I reported the fence and left late on Saturday. Used the pool that morning. It is completely surrounded, but the gates need the lock portions and some finish work. Didn't see any work starting on the other pools. We used a lot of AOA buses from the parks. Lines were shorter and a bus always seemed to be available as we walked up. We talked to a CM peak times in the food court are up until 11:30 am and 5:30-11:00 pm.

Last edited:
My daughter (almost 20) and two friends will be staying at POP from October 31st-November 6th.

We've never stayed at POP before - so can somebody suggest the best building they should request? They would prefer close to the buses and possibly a quieter building if that even exists!

From looking at the map - I thought maybe the 70s or 80s?

Any input would be so great - thanks!

I reported the fence and left late on Saturday. Used the pool that morning. It is completely surrounded, but the gates need the lock portions and some finish work. Didn't see any work starting on the other pools. We used a lot of AOA buses from the parks. Lines were shorter and a bus always seemed to be available as we walked up. We talked to a CM peak times in the food court are up until 11:30 am and 5:30-11:00 pm.
Thanks for the info. About the fence.

Just read a review over on the Disney Food Blog about the new specialty burgers in the Everything Pop Food Court. I wasn't planning on eating any non-breakfast meals at the food court but I may need to make an effort to get there. And the Everything Pop Sundae sounds super fun and tasty. I was going to try to go out of my way to get to Disney Springs for a Ghiradelli Sundae but Everything Pop may fit the bill.

We are first timers; when we did online check in we got our confirmation that said we were streamlined for check in- meaning we still have to go to front desk to show ID. Which is fine in our case as we are new and were going to desk anyhow; but I would think this wouldn't make a veteran visitor very happy.

Agree!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter