Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a trip for June 2017! The DVC studio room was actually cheaper than a non-DVC standard room so we booked that. Crossing fingers for a discount down the road though! i have a quick question though - how comfortable / or uncomfortable is the pull out sofa in the DVC studios? Can anyone who has slept on it give your opinions please?

Second: To hop or not to hop? We never hop. We've never felt a need. Even if we took a midday break, we just went back to the same resort in the evening. However, I can see the merit of having hoppers so we can spend a little time at MK each evening. But if we are used to NOT hopping, should we just stick with that? I don't want to spend money that is unnecessary and with the, um, "magical" deals, you have to determine your tickets ahead of time. You don't have the option of upgrading after check in. So we can't wait and see how we feel once we are there.

Everyone vacations differently, but we always get hoppers as we love having the flexibility. If you think it would be hard not going to MK often with it being right there, the hopper might be beneficial. With that said, we love walking around other resorts and the GF and CR are both just a monorail ride away for shopping and dining for something to do other than going to MK (and the WL is a quick boat ride from CR) :).

My DW is soooo excited about our upcoming Christmas time December trip to the Polynesian that she handmade this awesome Poly inspired Tiki Christmas Wreath!! Just thought I'd share it! Thanks and Happy Holidays!!
View attachment 207671

What a beautiful wreath! Hope you have a great trip :santa:.

Just booked a trip for June 2017! The DVC studio room was actually cheaper than a non-DVC standard room so we booked that. Crossing fingers for a discount down the road though! i have a quick question though - how comfortable / or uncomfortable is the pull out sofa in the DVC studios? Can anyone who has slept on it give your opinions please?

I can't answer about the sofa bed, but wanted to say congrats on booking and I hope you are able to find a discount! Have fun planning :wizard:.

Wow! We just got back from our first family Disney trip. We stayed club level in the Poly (Tonga Suites). The bar was set so high, I don't think we could ever come back! We arrived very early knowing the room was not ready. However, they still gave us a tour and showed us where Tonga was located. We told them we were headed to Disney Springs and that I was setup for text alerts. Once I received it we headed to the Ambassador suite. The photos are just like what you see on Tikiman's website. I will throw a couple more in this post to show you the perks you get with the suite.

We were greeted with a cheese tray and rice krispy treats. Also, received a packet for the screening of Moana.

I will put my thoughts in bullets:
  • I believe mousekeeping came twice a day. We would come back for a late afternoon nap and find everything was refreshed. When we came back late in the evening, the beds were turned down with chocolates.
  • Tonga guests have their own lounge. That was great for getting coffee first thing and grabbing a beer before calling it a night. However, we did make it to Hawaii a few times.
  • Tonga guests are allowed to order from a complimentary menu. We took advantage of that.
  • Tonga is tucked away and very quite. A couple of times I would see people try to go in; however, the concierge would kindly turn them away. There are not that many guests so they knew the families that were staying in the suites.
  • The snacks were on par with what you read on this forum. However, I think staying in the Tonga gives you an advantage.
Hope this helps anybody deciding about staying in the Tonga.

Attachments

• I_SipWnqu-wc4gu4AiFjLLtEI9sGDH7fp1oiX1Xf-bopX92IB.jpeg
    I_SipWnqu-wc4gu4AiFjLLtEI9sGDH7fp1oiX1Xf-bopX92IB.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Gz-wcjGW_IfZ8_AHrgZa36AxMqMRpS3diVgRRd66aKEpX92IB.jpeg
    Gz-wcjGW_IfZ8_AHrgZa36AxMqMRpS3diVgRRd66aKEpX92IB.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 59
  • mb_xkTOWT79M6evahBY-AVvmPLf5lnVtcxwU6GleYr4pX92IB.jpeg
    mb_xkTOWT79M6evahBY-AVvmPLf5lnVtcxwU6GleYr4pX92IB.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 58
  • qP5Z-f81R-tvfEmOEXKeKpl4O5HsbOYPpm0datYX-MspX92IB.jpeg
    qP5Z-f81R-tvfEmOEXKeKpl4O5HsbOYPpm0datYX-MspX92IB.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 58
  • 2speW7lnb1KgPX4pe1eEPdP83ggy05Wa7rlpD4qNtU0pX92IB.jpeg
    2speW7lnb1KgPX4pe1eEPdP83ggy05Wa7rlpD4qNtU0pX92IB.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 66
  • hKruJerkOxiK1nfTsJIP-uRgC7wXUIaXjUraQjuMI6spX92IB.jpeg
    hKruJerkOxiK1nfTsJIP-uRgC7wXUIaXjUraQjuMI6spX92IB.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 57

Wow! We just got back from our first family Disney trip. We stayed club level in the Poly (Tonga Suites). The bar was set so high, I don't think we could ever come back! We arrived very early knowing the room was not ready. However, they still gave us a tour and showed us where Tonga was located. We told them we were headed to Disney Springs and that I was setup for text alerts. Once I received it we headed to the Ambassador suite. The photos are just like what you see on Tikiman's website. I will throw a couple more in this post to show you the perks you get with the suite.

We were greeted with a cheese tray and rice krispy treats. Also, received a packet for the screening of Moana.

I will put my thoughts in bullets:
  • I believe mousekeeping came twice a day. We would come back for a late afternoon nap and find everything was refreshed. When we came back late in the evening, the beds were turned down with chocolates.
  • Tonga guests have their own lounge. That was great for getting coffee first thing and grabbing a beer before calling it a night. However, we did make it to Hawaii a few times.
  • Tonga guests are allowed to order from a complimentary menu. We took advantage of that.
  • Tonga is tucked away and very quite. A couple of times I would see people try to go in; however, the concierge would kindly turn them away. There are not that many guests so they knew the families that were staying in the suites.
  • The snacks were on par with what you read on this forum. However, I think staying in the Tonga gives you an advantage.
Hope this helps anybody deciding about staying in the Tonga.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful holiday. It was lovely to hear about your first family trip.

I was sighing just thinking about it. :goodvibes And dreaming - and dreaming - and dreaming......:love:

I need to go buy some lottery tickets. :thumbsup2

I had to cancel our Thanksgiving trip to POQ last Tuesday for arrival on Thursday. But we were able to switch our dates to the Poly for Thanksgiving 2017. I am sooo excited. We have stayed at CB and Pop but never deluxe. I am looking forward to having easy access to MK and the Monirail. My two DDs will be 12 and 1 and 1/2.So looking forward to the convenience. We were sad at first but now I am excited.

Just booked first ever stay at the Poly for Thanksgiving Week, 2017!! We are so excited!! Haven't been in 4 years (pre Magic Bands, etc.), so lots to re-learn in the coming months. :)

Question for this group: Which longhouse/location do you recommend for a standard room stay with 2 young kids (4 & 9)? and 70 year young mother?

I've been stalking the agency's website and FB page and there still isn't anything about the Labor Day deal there.
I also e-mailed my agent a little over a week ago asking when the deal was being released and she said 'any day now' but I haven't heard from her yet. Grrr.....
I was able to book for Thanksgiving with my agent last Wednesday with a agency exclusive. The dates are on some of their agents FB, but just released.

to having easy access to MK

You're going to be wowed by easy access to Epcot as well.

Wonderful. I bought DVC over eleven years ago and I still vividly remember my first stay at a deluxe resort (besides CR as a young child). It is such a beautiful memory. Enjoy.

Sorry to hear about your cancelled trip, happy to hear that you were able to rebook at the same time.

Last edited:
Wow! We just got back from our first family Disney trip. We stayed club level in the Poly (Tonga Suites).

Thanks for your review. Sounds like you had a great time :).

I had to cancel our Thanksgiving trip to POQ last Tuesday for arrival on Thursday. But we were able to switch our dates to the Poly for Thanksgiving 2017. I am sooo excited. We have stayed at CB and Pop but never deluxe. I am looking forward to having easy access to MK and the Monirail. My two DDs will be 12 and 1 and 1/2.So looking forward to the convenience. We were sad at first but now I am excited.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip, but glad you were able to reschedule and book the Poly. The Poly is an amazing resort, I think you'll love it! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Just booked first ever stay at the Poly for Thanksgiving Week, 2017!! We are so excited!! Haven't been in 4 years (pre Magic Bands, etc.), so lots to re-learn in the coming months. :)

Question for this group: Which longhouse/location do you recommend for a standard room stay with 2 young kids (4 & 9)? and 70 year young mother?

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay, you're going to love it :goodvibes.

Our favorite long house is Samoa. We love the location as it's just steps from both pools, the GCH, Captain Cooks, and the beach. With that said, I don't think any long house is in a bad location. We've never stayed in Fiji, but that seems to get great reviews ;).

You're going to be wowed by easy access to Epcot as well.

I agree, it's great being within walking distance to the TTC ::yes::.

i have a quick question though - how comfortable / or uncomfortable is the pull out sofa in the DVC studios? Can anyone who has slept on it give your opinions please?

I've stayed there and slept on the pull out couch. It is very comfortable and a good size for adults, I believe a queen. They have done a good job with those beds by being hidden when not needed and a comfortable bed when you do. Enjoy your stay!

Just returned from another lovely stay at the Poly. Everything was terrific, with only one complaint: THE RESORT MUSIC LOOP. OMG, there were like 5 (I'm being generous) Hawaiian themed Christmas songs, sung by a man accompanied by children, and though it was cute at first, by the end of my trip I was ready to start dismantling speakers. Our entire party of 9, including 2 seniors and 3 kids agreed. None of us could imagine what it was like to work there every day with that. Other than that, the Poly was on point and remains our #1 resort.

We have just decided to book the Poly for our trip next August. It will be our first stay at the Poly and we are all really looking forward to it. We have visited and had dinner and breakfast on property and really liked the atmosphere there. With an agency deal, it was too hard to pass up staying there for our next trip.

We have just decided to book the Poly for our trip next August. It will be our first stay at the Poly and we are all really looking forward to it. We have visited and had dinner and breakfast on property and really liked the atmosphere there. With an agency deal, it was too hard to pass up staying there for our next trip.
Congrats on booking your first stay at the Poly! We have stayed here 3x (4th in June) - we stayed away during all the construction so excited to go back and check everything out.

Just returned from another lovely stay at the Poly. Everything was terrific, with only one complaint: THE RESORT MUSIC LOOP. OMG, there were like 5 (I'm being generous) Hawaiian themed Christmas songs, sung by a man accompanied by children, and though it was cute at first, by the end of my trip I was ready to start dismantling speakers. Our entire party of 9, including 2 seniors and 3 kids agreed. None of us could imagine what it was like to work there every day with that. Other than that, the Poly was on point and remains our #1 resort.

I still have the music loop from the summer going through my head.....daily. But you know what? It has lured me back, cause I'm constantly thinking about the Poly. So I just booked an August trip. I'm not even sure I can really swing an August trip. But I must hear the music again.....:hyper:

I'm starting to work out our dining plans for our June trip and which parks we want to be in at least some of the days. My husband wants to hit rope drop at MK as soon as possible because that's when he feels like his WDW vacation really starts so we're probably going to drive down the afternoon before (we're in the Atlanta area) and stay somewhere cheap outside the park so that we can make that. My question is, if we head on over to the Poly to park the car should we go ahead and check in (staying CL for the first time!) before we go over on the boat or just wait till later in the afternoon to come back and do it? I know the chances of the room being ready are slim to none but do we need to have our bands activated or something and is it ok to park when we haven't actually checked in?

I still have the music loop from the summer going through my head.....daily. But you know what? It has lured me back, cause I'm constantly thinking about the Poly. So I just booked an August trip. I'm not even sure I can really swing an August trip. But I must hear the music again.....:hyper:

Oh, I'm a huge fan of the normal loops-- have them downloaded and listen often. The ambient music is one of the wonderful things about the Poly. This holiday loop, however, was something... other.

Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed the Poly :).

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay. The Poly is a great resort, you're going to love it! Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

I hope your trip works out and you are able to get back to the Poly in August ;).

I'm starting to work out our dining plans for our June trip and which parks we want to be in at least some of the days. My husband wants to hit rope drop at MK as soon as possible because that's when he feels like his WDW vacation really starts so we're probably going to drive down the afternoon before (we're in the Atlanta area) and stay somewhere cheap outside the park so that we can make that. My question is, if we head on over to the Poly to park the car should we go ahead and check in (staying CL for the first time!) before we go over on the boat or just wait till later in the afternoon to come back and do it? I know the chances of the room being ready are slim to none but do we need to have our bands activated or something and is it ok to park when we haven't actually checked in?

If it were me, I'd check in upon arrival. You could always do online check in and (possibly) avoid the front desk, but you might want to check in at the resort since this is your first CL stay to get information about the lounge, etc. You might have to officially check in to leave your car in the Poly lot, but I'm not sure. Hopefully others will be able to give accurate info on that :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter