Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have ages to go but I booked at the Poly for July of 2016 today!!!:hyper:My only worry is on the confirmation email and the Disney site it says nothing about accessible room with bathtub which are actual NEEDS not wants. Should I call them and ask what's up? or let it be? Thank you kindly for any advice. :flower3:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think accessible rooms have bathtubs. They have roll in shower?

Just wondering what the status of the renovations are? Are they nearing completion? What is the anticipated completion date? <Thinking far ahead to 2016>

Woohoo! Just got our magic bands in the mail, so excited! I have a question about them, do most people wear them at all times and never take them off during vacation? I'm assuming they are waterproof, etc.
I just love this Poly thread. Great information, and I know no one here would think " I'm a little too much Disney obsessed", no one judging me here.:lmao:

Woohoo! Just got our magic bands in the mail, so excited! I have a question about them, do most people wear them at all times and never take them off during vacation? I'm assuming they are waterproof, etc.
I just love this Poly thread. Great information, and I know no one here would think " I'm a little too much Disney obsessed", no one judging me here.:lmao:

We do wear ours pretty much all the time with the exception of sleeping and showers :).

room-pf-g15.jpg
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think accessible rooms have bathtubs. They have roll in shower?
Hi Sue! I think each of the big resorts have just a couple of accessible rooms that are both wheel friendly and have a bath (with bars). I have Ehlers Danlos and rheumatoid arthritis and being in water helps control body pain. This image is from Walt Disney website in room views for Poly Garden view. :-) https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/polynesian-resort/rates-rooms/

Last edited:

We wear ours all the time except when sleeping. I hate having things on my wrists especially when it's hot out and wasn't happy when I heard about magic bands. We've been on three trips with them since September though and we LOVE them. They are so convenient and for whatever reason don't bother me on my wrists.

We wear ours all the time except when sleeping. I hate having things on my wrists especially when it's hot out and wasn't happy when I heard about magic bands. We've been on three trips with them since September though and we LOVE them. They are so convenient and for whatever reason don't bother me on my wrists.

Whatever reason = You're at DISNEY!!!!!!

Good to know they aren't annoying. But I keep imagining a scenario where we arrive at a park and my not so organized teen has forgotten to put back on her magic band. I might just tell her she can't ever take it off, it's a Disney law! Lol! (Just kidding).
Ahhhh teenagers gotta love em.:p

What is the difference between a studio villa and a standard room? Thank you

They're similar in size, but set up a bit differently. The standard hotel room will have two queen beds and a long daybed that can sleep another person, and one bathroom area with sinks, toilet, and bathtub/shower combo. The studio villa has one queen bed, one queen pullout sofa, a pulldown murphy bed for one person, a kitchenette area with microwave, sink, toaster, etc., and two bathroom areas, one with sink, toilet, and tub/shower, and the other with a sink and walk-in shower.

Good to know they aren't annoying. But I keep imagining a scenario where we arrive at a park and my not so organized teen has forgotten to put back on her magic band. I might just tell her she can't ever take it off, it's a Disney law! Lol! (Just kidding).
Ahhhh teenagers gotta love em.:p
Everyone puts theirs on before we leave the hotel room in the morning. I check. And the kids know they are not allowed to remove them without talking to me. The plan is to leave them on until we are back at thr room for the night. And I put them on the bar area all together. :)

@Tikiman :thanks: I'm a fan of your pages, and your information on disability is one of the main reasons my family chose the Poly! Thank you so very much! :D

Thanks Glittercat,
Many of the renovations to the resort have been planned for years and that included changes to help with mobility. They decided to wait until things got started for DVC to do many of these things. The most obvious changes are the wider and smoother paths around the resort. Also with as big as people think the Polynesian is, it really is never a long walk to get to the lobby from any of the rooms (under 5 minute walk). Having the option of the boat, both monorails and ferry make the transportations the best in my opinion.

Thanks Glittercat,
Many of the renovations to the resort have been planned for years and that included changes to help with mobility. They decided to wait until things got started for DVC to do many of these things. The most obvious changes are the wider and smoother paths around the resort. Also with as big as people think the Polynesian is, it really is never a long walk to get to the lobby from any of the rooms (under 5 minute walk). Having the option of the boat, both monorails and ferry make the transportations the best in my opinion.
Your information is some of the most comprehensive out there for seeing the changes being made made at the Poly. I'm really looking forward to this resort as last time we were at WDW we stayed at POFQ in a non accessible room and getting my manual wheelchair through the door was maddening. o_O I'll take pics of the walkways and accessibility features at the Polynesian and see how the functionality is. Of course I won't know most of the changes having never been before. :-)

I have worn my MB's in the pool, hot tub and shower without any problems. Mostly I just wear all day. However sometimes in the morning before my coffee I can't get it on so I just attach it to the strap of my Vera Bradley "Mousing Around" mini hipster.

I can just lift it to open the door. Mostly I need this when staying CL because I need to go fetch my coffee. Sometimes I do just leave it there and lift it up to use for admission or FP without any inconvenience.

I usually bring at 2 of them. I generally leave one strapped on my purse in case I walk out without one on my wrist. (I repeat, in the morning before coffee!!!:laughing:)

Hi all! Has anyone on his thread been to Trader Sams over the last few days? I'm planning on going in a couple weeks and wondered what the crowds were like these days. Also, is the musical entertainment on the whole time the bar is open or only during certain times? We want to be sure to catch it! TIA! :)
I want to know this too, except we don't go until October! Please post about your wait when you return.

Reactions: CJK
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter