Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My TA put in my room requests already. Should I call 10 days prior to confirm or does she have to call is that not necessary since she already placed the requests? Or can I do that through online check in? And if I call is it the number that was just posted?

No need to do anything else since your TA noted your requests. If you do online check in, skip the room requests section as there's mixed reports as to your phoned in requests getting overwritten if you make requests during online check in. So if the requests you want have been noted, there's no need to take a chance with making any during online check in.

So I should call 407-824-2000 to make the requests? I can do this even though it's a reservation through a TA?

Thank you so much for your help!

Since your reservation is "owned" by the TA, they won't let you make any requests. But you can call and ask them to read you any room requests to verify they are there and correct.

No need to do anything else since your TA noted your requests. If you do online check in, skip the room requests section as there's mixed reports as to your phoned in requests getting overwritten if you make requests during online check in. So if the requests you want have been noted, there's no need to take a chance with making any during online check in.

Since your reservation is "owned" by the TA, they won't let you make any requests. But you can call and ask them to read you any room requests to verify they are there and correct.

Thank you so much! I'll do that.

We are planning to stay at poly next march and are considering club level….is it still worth it after the renovations?? we loved the view of the fireworks from the CR club level lounge and wonder if the poly will be as good?! Also, my in laws are coming with us but don't want to book club level as they don't think they will use the food portion of it, would they be allowed in with my kids to watch the fireworks instead of me and my DH??

We are planning to stay at poly next march and are considering club level….is it still worth it after the renovations?? we loved the view of the fireworks from the CR club level lounge and wonder if the poly will be as good?! Also, my in laws are coming with us but don't want to book club level as they don't think they will use the food portion of it, would they be allowed in with my kids to watch the fireworks instead of me and my DH??

There's a bunch of recent reviews over in the Club Level FAQ Thread you might want to check out.

Hey I'm thinking of making the switch to the Poly- my dream resort. The only downside is, we won't be staying in the same hotel as friends (the GF). We'd really love the kids to be able to swim together. I think I read something somewhere about getting a pass from the concierge for friends to join? Is that true? Thanks!

Think about how much you'll be using your pool and your desire to have the kids together. Is that a resort breaker? If it's very important, plan to do Poly another time and keep GF. If it's not, go for the Poly, your dream resort.

THANK you for all the updates and pics!! Will be staying LV in a Studio later this month!! :-)

What type of coffee does the coffee pot take? As in the round pods or K-cups? (Do you only get one regular and one decaf, etc. for the 4 days?)

Also, do they only give you one small thing of the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc. for the 4 days (before they clean and restock)?

How many towels, etc. do they give you?

TIA!! :-)

Okay - you are really going to test my memory....

I am not a coffee drinker, so I this may not be the most accurate recollection. I do not remember seeing any filters, but there were only one pack of each regular and decaf coffee and I do not remember the brand but I noted it was not Kona coffee. Definitely not k-cups.

Since were were only there for four days/three nights we never got any supplies refilled. Each bathroom received one set of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion). As for the towels...

Smaller Bathroom (no toilet) we had five bath towels, three hand towels, three washcloths, and one bath mat.

Bigger Bathroom we had two bath towels, two hand towels, three washcloths, and one bath mat.

For a family of five staying here I do not know why they only had two bath towels in the larger bathroom. For this trip it was fine, but June its the whole family. We will be LV for June 11 - 20th!!!! I cannot wait. I did not get enough Poly time this trip...

There's a couple incorrect items below.

If you called the number listed online you didn't actually speak to the Poly front desk. You spoke to a CM at a Call Center that could see you dialed say the number 407-824-2000 and answered like they were at the Poly. Unless WDW has had a huge change in philosophy in the last year, they want the CMs who are physically at the resort to deal with the guests standing in front of them. I have had a couple family members work at one of these Call Centers and were trained to do anything to present the illusion they were at a resort. I only bring this up because there have been many people here on the DIS that have called the front desk of their resort to ask a question about say a pool refurb and been given incorrect info not realizing the CM they were talking to were not at their resort. So when they arrived to a closed pool were not happy. On that same note, if you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room you still get routed to a Call Center.

Correct.

Actually you can make room requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. I have made our room requests when I book over the phone, usually 5-6 months out, then 4-5 days out I call and ask the CM to read any room requests on my reservation and they've always been there. And we've gotten our requests 8 out of the last 10 trips. And both times they couldn't honor our requests, the CM checking us in said "I'm sorry we couldn't grant your requests of x and y, but I think you'll like your room".

Over the years I have had the chance to speak to a couple room assigners. And unless something has changed in the last year, rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

Yup, only as I said before you can make room requests anytime up until 4-5 days prior.

I agree with most of what you have just mentioned. My reason for suggesting calling 4 days prior to check-in was that being close to the 2-3 day room assignment (as you mentioned), your message is less likely to have been misplaced, and being so close to the date of room assignment, the probability of you getting your requests increase.

The one thing I'm surprised about was that when calling from the room, we still get a call centre...wow! I had never thought of that!

Okay - you are really going to test my memory....

I am not a coffee drinker, so I this may not be the most accurate recollection. I do not remember seeing any filters, but there were only one pack of each regular and decaf coffee and I do not remember the brand but I noted it was not Kona coffee. Definitely not k-cups.

Since were were only there for four days/three nights we never got any supplies refilled. Each bathroom received one set of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion). As for the towels...

Smaller Bathroom (no toilet) we had five bath towels, three hand towels, three washcloths, and one bath mat.

Bigger Bathroom we had two bath towels, two hand towels, three washcloths, and one bath mat.

For a family of five staying here I do not know why they only had two bath towels in the larger bathroom. For this trip it was fine, but June its the whole family. We will be LV for June 11 - 20th!!!! I cannot wait. I did not get enough Poly time this trip...

To clarify... In a studio villa, if I'm a cash paying guest and not a DVC member, I get regular housekeeping and top-up of all toiletries and kitchenette items each day? I thought I read I did.

I agree with most of what you have just mentioned. My reason for suggesting calling 4 days prior to check-in was that being close to the 2-3 day room assignment (as you mentioned), your message is less likely to have been misplaced, and being so close to the date of room assignment, the probability of you getting your requests increase.

When you call in your requests they are within the reservation details that the room assigner receives. Once they are noted, there is no chance of them being replaced as they are on the paperwork they use to assign your room, along with your length of stay, room type you booked, number of guests, etc.

So I recommend people call 4 days prior and ask the CM to read off any room requests that are noted on their reservation. That way you know you're good to go. :thumbsup2

The one thing I'm surprised about was that when calling from the room, we still get a call centre...wow! I had never thought of that!

There are soooo many posts here on the DIS of people calling what they think is the front desk of their resort and the CM they're speaking to is sort of useless because they aren't there nor do they know the layout of the resort. That is way I always suggest that you GO to the front desk, or Concierge Desk, if you have any issues. The CM's that answer the "front desk" calls from your room can't really assist. I wish they would publicize that more.

Hello,

I'm very new to this forum and I find this thread to be especially helpful. Thank you so much to all of the Disney (and especially Poly) veterans for keeping this thread going!!

We are a family of 4, DH, DW(me), DS(9) and DS(5), travelling to Poly during Thanksgiving of 2015.

Already made reservations, bought tickets and doing the fine details at this point.

I have a few questions:

1) I have made a room request for Rarotonga Monorail side because I want to minimize the construction face time but also wanted the convenience of location. How long of a walk is Rarotonga to GCH, Bus stop and TTC? That's with a 5 year old walking pace. We are going for his birthday but he is a huge complainer :)

2) I read through the thread and found out that the splash area has one slide with height requirement of under 48 ( I'm really hoping this is true, I'd love my 9 y.o. can play in that area with 5y.o.) What is the height requirement for the lava pool slide? It seems that pre-refurbishment, there was no height limit and kids were allowed to go down wearing a life vest (as a single rider). Is this still true post-refurb?

3) Finally, I'm trying to make some ADR choices. Besides the Poly restaurants, what are some of the easily accessed resorts where I can make dinner ressies at? I'm assuming the other monorail resorts; GF and CR but are there any other resorts? How would you access WL from Poly?

Thanks so much in advance!

I did not see a height requirement for the lava pool slide.
My 5 year old wore a life jacket and rode the heck out of it, lol. My husband and I took turns waiting at the bottom for her.

Hubby and I will be going without the kids for 2 nights in June. We are hoping to get a King bed. Should I call in to request this? Can I call now, or do I need to wait.
Thanks! :flower3:

Hubby and I will be going without the kids for 2 nights in June. We are hoping to get a King bed. Should I call in to request this? Can I call now, or do I need to wait.
Thanks! :flower3:

You can call and add any room requests to your reservation any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival.

You're welcome. I just noticed your signature and you may be over the max occupancy for a king room. With a king bed and a day bed, the max occupancy will be 3 plus 1 under three yrs. old. It looks like you'll be 4 plus 1 under three yrs. old. If so, a king room would be a wasted request.

You're welcome. I just noticed your signature and you may be over the max occupancy for a king room. With a king bed and a day bed, the max occupancy will be 3 plus 1 under three yrs. old. It looks like you'll be 4 plus 1 under three yrs. old. If so, a king room would be a wasted request.
With the kids we get 2 queens (plan for our Memorial Day trip!)
But in June it will just be my husband and I. Wooooot!

With the kids we get 2 queens (plan for our Memorial Day trip!)
But in June it will just be my husband and I. Wooooot!

I just noticed that I completely missed the fact you SAID you were going without the kids. DOH! Well there you go! Disney without the kids is AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter