Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me know how it goes with the Amazon labeling. I want to do the same thing prior to arrival on 5/22

let me know how it goes with the Amazon labeling. I want to do the same thing prior to arrival on 5/22
I just added a new address to my Amazon account. I was able to put my name, res# and arrival date on first line. I would like to reverse the address and C/O lines, but I thought I should follow directions for using Address line 1 for street with other information on the Address line 2. I think this should work. I also entered in the phone number for the front desk for this address.

MY NAME CNFM#XXXXXXX arriving 5/15/2015
1600 SEVEN SEAS DR
C/O DISNEY'S POLYNESIAN RESORT FRONT DESK
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8423
United States

My TA put in my room requests already. Should I call 10 days prior to confirm or does she have to call is that not necessary since she already placed the requests? Or can I do that through online check in? And if I call is it the number that was just posted?

We really won't be eating a lot in the room. I'm thinking a few breakfasts (only DD and I eat breakfast) and water. Would I be better off having Amazon ship something or just buying cereal, milk and water at the resort shop?

I spoke to the Poly front desk this morning regarding room assigments.....

1 - online check in has no bearing on room assignments
2 - requests for room assignments can be made starting at 10 days out
3 - room assignments are made by staff on the arrival day
4 - the "Bypass the Front Desk" program was confirmed and needs all the things listed in the above post to take place. You can still request a room/building by calling in 10 days (or less) ahead.

I heard that you should fax a request to the attention of "room assigner" or "back room" no earlier than 4 days prior to checkin, because that's when the room assigner starts looking at room requests. That's what I did (while driving enroute I stopped at a gas station and faxed it! Lol) and I even got a personalized email from my room assigner saying my requests were taken into consideration, my room was assigned for checkin (got it a day or 2 before our checkin date) and that I'd be happy with the room I got. And I was! It was a gorgeous outer building GV room at GF where we could watch Wishes every night from our balcony! (This was unlike the text message people get when they're "bypassing the front desk" because we hadn't paid in full yet and still had to do a quick check-in.)

In a nutshell, I made requests when I made my initial phone reservation, did online check-in and faxed preferences! :woohoo:

Ooh loving the comments about amazon prime pantry. Maybe we will try that too instead of trying to pack a bunch of dry items!!

My TA put in my room requests already. Should I call 10 days prior to confirm or does she have to call is that not necessary since she already placed the requests? Or can I do that through online check in? And if I call is it the number that was just posted?

We really won't be eating a lot in the room. I'm thinking a few breakfasts (only DD and I eat breakfast) and water. Would I be better off having Amazon ship something or just buying cereal, milk and water at the resort shop?
Based on what they told me today, I don't think the room request the TA made will be valid this far out. I would call 4-10 days out if I were you. If you only need a couple items from the store, I would just wait and not order from Amazon. You'll have to get milk there anyway.

I just added a new address to my Amazon account. I was able to put my name, res# and arrival date on first line. I would like to reverse the address and C/O lines, but I thought I should follow directions for using Address line 1 for street with other information on the Address line 2. I think this should work. I also entered in the phone number for the front desk for this address.

MY NAME CNFM#XXXXXXX arriving 5/15/2015
1600 SEVEN SEAS DR
C/O DISNEY'S POLYNESIAN RESORT FRONT DESK
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL 32830-8423
United States
Awesome. we'll do the same thing.

I pack instant oatmeal & bagels. They are easily packed in luggage. You could prob pack a bag of dry cereal in your carry on. Then buy milk and cream cheese or whatever you want for bagels. I use food court toaster for bagels. I'm there anyway to fill up resort mug.

Based on what they told me today, I don't think the room request the TA made will be valid this far out. I would call 4-10 days out if I were you. If you only need a couple items from the store, I would just wait and not order from Amazon. You'll have to get milk there anyway.

So I should call 407-824-2000 to make the requests? I can do this even though it's a reservation through a TA?

Thank you so much for your help!

I pack instant oatmeal & bagels. They are easily packed in luggage. You could prob pack a bag of dry cereal in your carry on. Then buy milk and cream cheese or whatever you want for bagels. I use food court toaster for bagels. I'm there anyway to fill up resort mug.

I think I will buy a case of water and milk once at the resort and pack cereal and bagels and a few snacks. Even though the water is very expensive I'm thinking it would be the same to pay for shipping through GG or Amazon.

Thank you!

So I should call 407-824-2000 to make the requests? I can do this even though it's a reservation through a TA?

Thank you so much for your help!
that's what I would do. you just need your reservation number.

I think I will buy a case of water and milk once at the resort and pack cereal and bagels and a few snacks. Even though the water is very expensive I'm thinking it would be the same to pay for shipping through GG or Amazon.

Thank you!
I don't buy water, I use a brita filter water bottle for room, and at park I just ask for a cup of ice water at any cs. The water is filtered. Our first trip we took water bottles into park, and in 15 min the water was hot! In August.

I don't buy water, I use a brita filter water bottle for room, and at park I just ask for a cup of ice water at any cs. The water is filtered. Our first trip we took water bottles into park, and in 15 min the water was hot! In August.

The Brita filter water bottle is a fantastic idea! :D

When you check in online, how far in advance do they give you your room assignment?
My first time was last year in June. I received my text message by about 8:30 a.m. and we were not arriving until around 9 p.m.. For April 2015, we stated our arrival time at the resort would be approximately 11 a.m. and I received my text by around 9:30 a.m. just before we got onto DME. However, when transferring to the Poly the next day I put arrival time of 8 a.m. and by the time I got to the Poly at 8 a.m. I had to go to the front desk because I had not received anything. The full system was down and they could not see my room assignment. They said a text message would be sent as soon as the system was up. Around 10:30 a.m. I had to go and get something from the valet and I overheard another guest just walking in the front door that they had just gotten their room assignment, so I was going to give them until 12:30 p.m. since our morning was a pool day and I was packed appropriately. I received my text at 12:45 p.m..

We don't take water into the parks. We just like to have some bottled water in the room for our mornings and just in case we get thirsty at night or to take some to the pool. I get cups of water at CS while in the parks too.

I may bring a Brita water bottle. Sounds like a good idea.

Just got back on Tuesday and stayed in Moorea 3012. I had no issues with the AC, in fact my husbands jaw would drop if he could hear me say I had to turn it up because I got to cold. I like the house at about 67 degrees. I had dust and shower flooding the floor issues. Nothing that could ruin or put a damper on my trip.

THANK you for all the updates and pics!! Will be staying LV in a Studio later this month!! :-)

What type of coffee does the coffee pot take? As in the round pods or K-cups? (Do you only get one regular and one decaf, etc. for the 4 days?)

Also, do they only give you one small thing of the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc. for the 4 days (before they clean and restock)?

How many towels, etc. do they give you?

TIA!! :-)

What is the best way to handle a room request at the Poly? Do you send it by fax or add your request to your reservation either online or by calling?

It's best to call and have any room requests added to your reservation. This way you're not tied to the predetermined and limited options during online check in.

When you check in online, how far in advance do they give you your room assignment?

If your room is ready you will get a text/email around the time you specified you'd be arriving. Or once you've boarded Magical Express once you're on property if driving.

Last edited:
There's a couple incorrect items below.

I spoke to the Poly front desk this morning regarding room assigments.....

If you called the number listed online you didn't actually speak to the Poly front desk. You spoke to a CM at a Call Center that could see you dialed say the number 407-824-2000 and answered like they were at the Poly. Unless WDW has had a huge change in philosophy in the last year, they want the CMs who are physically at the resort to deal with the guests standing in front of them. I have had a couple family members work at one of these Call Centers and were trained to do anything to present the illusion they were at a resort. I only bring this up because there have been many people here on the DIS that have called the front desk of their resort to ask a question about say a pool refurb and been given incorrect info not realizing the CM they were talking to were not at their resort. So when they arrived to a closed pool were not happy. On that same note, if you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room you still get routed to a Call Center.

1 - online check in has no bearing on room assignments

Correct.

2 - requests for room assignments can be made starting at 10 days out

Actually you can make room requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. I have made our room requests when I book over the phone, usually 5-6 months out, then 4-5 days out I call and ask the CM to read any room requests on my reservation and they've always been there. And we've gotten our requests 8 out of the last 10 trips. And both times they couldn't honor our requests, the CM checking us in said "I'm sorry we couldn't grant your requests of x and y, but I think you'll like your room".

3 - room assignments are made by staff on the arrival day

Over the years I have had the chance to speak to a couple room assigners. And unless something has changed in the last year, rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

4 - the "Bypass the Front Desk" program was confirmed and needs all the things listed in the above post to take place. You can still request a room/building by calling in 10 days (or less) ahead.

Yup, only as I said before you can make room requests anytime up until 4-5 days prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter