Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate croissants? Where are these? I think I missed this post! I really would like to catch breakfast and/or lunch at Kona, but I don't think I can fit it in...
Someone posted that their favorite snack was the chocolate croissant. I believe they have them at Captain Cooks. It was definitely at the Poly. I had never heard anyone mention this before....and I check lots of posts about favorite snacks. So...it's added to my list.

The Tonga Suites are located beside the Great Ceremonial House at the end of the marina. The longhouse contains six suites that enjoy the benefits of club level service.

While the only food offerings in the Tonga building are continental breakfast and afternoon snacks and beverages, Tonga guests are welcome to use the lounge in the Hawaii building. Most suites have a kitchen area, sitting area, separate bedroom and bathroom.

The Honeymoon Suite is a slightly oversized standard room with a king sized bed and a whirlpool tub. This suite offers a marina and Seven Seas Lagoon view.

The King Kamehameha Suite has two bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms, a parlor and a kitchen. The suite covers two floors with the main living area on the first floor and the bedrooms on the second. The upstairs master bedroom offers a balcony and king size bed and a whirlpool tub. The second bedroom has two queen beds and a bathroom with double sinks and separate shower and tub. A suite length balcony faces the marina and the Seven Seas Lagoon.

The Ambassador Suites have two bedrooms, including a master bedroom with a king sized bed, three bathrooms and a parlor area. There are two Ambassador Suites, one each on the first and second floors.

The Princess Suites have one or two bedrooms, each with two queen beds. Each bedroom has a separate bathroom with double sink vanity, bathtub and separate shower. This suite also includes a wet bar. The One Bedroom Princess Suite has one bedroom with two queen beds.

This is my first time on this forum, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct place. We just booked our stay at the Polynesian and are staying in the Tonga Longhouses (One Bedroom Club Level.) Any opinions on what floor to request? Thank you!

Getting ready to jump in the car in just a few hours! Calling for rain almost every day of our trip and the resort is a hot mess! Packing a sense of humor and money for booze and ponchos!! Gonna get my Disney on! Woot!!

Oh, and I'm still working on my Touring Plans. Oops! LOL!
I'm sure you will have an amazing time....rain or shine! Woot on!

Any updates on the waits at Trader Sams?

I read one report where the person wrote it was about a 30 minute wait to be seated inside and no wait to be seated outside.

Realistically, there is no way of anticipating wait times because inside seating is limited. If a dozen groups decide to stay inside for a couple hours just before a person arrives, the wait times will be long. On the other hand, if a person is lucky, everyone sitting inside could decide to leave at once.

I agree! The love of Disney is something other people don't get if you don't love it :)

When is your next trip planned?? Would be crazy if we were at the poly at same time!

Heading down August this year. Do you know what would be even crazier? Meeting up at Disney and discovering that we actually know each other!!! :joker: I mean, we're 20 minutes apart...come on! :yo-yo:

Getting ready to jump in the car in just a few hours! Calling for rain almost every day of our trip and the resort is a hot mess! Packing a sense of humor and money for booze and ponchos!! Gonna get my Disney on! Woot!!

Oh, and I'm still working on my Touring Plans. Oops! LOL!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

This is my first time on this forum, so forgive me if I'm not posting in the correct place. We just booked our stay at the Polynesian and are staying in the Tonga Longhouses (One Bedroom Club Level.) Any opinions on what floor to request? Thank you!

I think the one bedroom suite is on the second floor. We stayed in Tonga many years ago, pre-renovation, and it was fantastic - I'm sure you'll love it!

the main pool is open now, isn't it?
Yes. Lots of photos and videos on YouTube of the new pool area. Tiki man FB page showed the fence around the kiddie splash area coming down, but that part is not "officially" open yet.

6 more sleeps for us! First night at CSR and then over to the Poly first thing in the morning!!! It's just DD9 and I on this trip with extended family staying at CSR. I'll be taking lots of photos and videos to share for all of you awaiting trips like the rest of my family.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tonga-suites

This may be helpful too. If you click on the image of the floor plan it expands. I love that bathroom!! Someday I hope to try it.

I know I have seen the floor plan of the building but I can't remember if the 1br suites are all marina side? So to be safe request marina view. (You should see castle too). The other side is not as nice. Like other poster I think they are on floor 2.

6 more sleeps for us! First night at CSR and then over to the Poly first thing in the morning!!! It's just DD9 and I on this trip with extended family staying at CSR. I'll be taking lots of photos and videos to share for all of you awaiting trips like the rest of my family.
Would you please take pictures of the GV room views from Hawaii near East pool construction. I hear it's a mess and am rethinking my plans. TIA:flower1:

*** Saw these posted on the previous thread, so thought I'd copy them over here...

I can give you some first hand knowledge. We were just there on the 13th (a Monday). We had just finished our long car trip and gotten checked in and went in search of a bite and a cocktail. We put our name in and got a pager at about 9:30 pm. They quoted us 1/2 hr to an hour. There was walk up seating (and plenty of it) at the connected terrace which served all the same food/drinks with the exception of a rum added dole whip which was available on the terrace but not inside). Since we wanted something a little more substantial we decided to get a bite at Capt. Cooks while we waited. Our pager went off before we could finish eating so I am thinking 20mins to half hour.

The atmosphere inside is really fun. They had all specialty glasses except the Nautilus and we also found out that while Theu serve some of the drinks in specialty glasses you can opt not to take one home and the drink price was $5 less according to our server. What I did not like was the fact that they had no prices on their menu.

I did notice that people walked in with drinks from elsewhere (could have been the terrace). We saw one couple grab seats and one of them started taking pictures all over the grotto. It was actually very distracting as they were seated right next to us. She finished taking pictures and they left without ever ordering anything!

There is no one at the gate scanning. There is a band reader that is supposed to unlock the gate. You then pull up the top knob to open it. However, while we were there this past week it was not working so all anyone had to do was pull up the knob.

Quiet pool closed on 4/16. Quite frankly, it is not a quiet pool anyway with all the construction around it. The lava pool got a little crowded late in the day so we opted to go to the quiet pool on our way back to Moorea and we left after about 10 mins.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tonga-suites

This may be helpful too. If you click on the image of the floor plan it expands. I love that bathroom!! Someday I hope to try it.

I know I have seen the floor plan of the building but I can't remember if the 1br suites are all marina side? So to be safe request marina view. (You should see castle too). The other side is not as nice. Like other poster I think they are on floor 2.

The only one bedroom is the 2nd floor princess suite and that faces the Marina.

The garden side has 2 2-bedroom Ambassador suites, one on top of the other.

Would you please take pictures of the GV room views from Hawaii near East pool construction. I hear it's a mess and am rethinking my plans. TIA:flower1:
No problem!!! I'll try to post while there. I'm going to try to get some video too!

60 days 11 hours to GO!!!!!! This is our very first stay at the Poly and regardless of the construction going on we are hopeful that this will be an AMAZING stay! It will be my sister's first trip and we are hoping she will fall in love with WDW as much as we have! We have reserved a standard view room for 5 people. Any advice on room requests?

Someone posted that their favorite snack was the chocolate croissant. I believe they have them at Captain Cooks. It was definitely at the Poly. I had never heard anyone mention this before....and I check lots of posts about favorite snacks. So...it's added to my list.

I have seen and eaten choco croissants at GF and YC, at their quick serve restaurants.

Anyone know what the view for the EWP is like now that the bungalows are in place? I would imagine they would block quite a few of the barges if you were trying to watch from the beach or a first floor cl room.

Anyone know what the view for the EWP is like now that the bungalows are in place? I would imagine they would block quite a few of the barges if you were trying to watch from the beach or a first floor cl room.

We stayed in a 1st floor CL room post-bungalow. We could see the EWP clearly right up until the time it hit the 1st bungalow, then it was gone. It's really sad because we also stayed in a 1st floor CL room pre-bungalow and the view was spectacular, so it was quite a change for us. I did book a CL LV room for our upcoming trip, though, because now we know the view is gone but we still love walking outside right onto the sand, and Wishes is still a very nice view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter