Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hadn't heard that they dropped the 1 br option. Guess we will keep staying at BLT and VGF. The price of 2studuos is $$$$$ whereas a 1 br is more reasonable. I can even get a 2 br for the price of 2 studios and you get a king bed 2q's and sleeps 9. The laundry and living space are gteat for stretching out too.

Well at least I can still stay at poly for mom n me trips. For a family with older kids the studios just don't cut it. The bungalow costs more than a 3br grand villa so even though I always wanted to try it I am thinking probably not.

Then again maybe some day just one night tacked on, a girl can dream right??:cloud9:

Dream we must ;)

Us too!!! Where abouts are you??

I can't decide between studio or regular room still!! The studio would have to be booked soon but I don't like that I can't cancel if I rent points?!

Hi :wave:We live in Shelburne...just a speck on the map really. And yourself?

Many times when our kids were younger and still rode in a wagon we would do the Canada Day parade around the Square in the morning, and then sit at the top of the hill at Lighthouse Park in the evening watching the same fireworks as you I believe.:)

Nope, but close! We are just 30 minutes north of Goderich!

That's when we are heading back too. Doesn't it seem soooo far away!!

Painfully far away. We normally go in the fall, but were lucky to do October, then March this year. We're trying to be responsible and not do the double trip again and wait until next March. Unfortunately I keep getting anxious when I see flight deals and talk of "magical deals" on here. It's driving me crazy!

I am right there with you maiapapaya we went in march and are going again next march but I keep checking dates and flights for October too!!!

Did you stay poly this year too?

I am right there with you maiapapaya we went in march and are going again next march but I keep checking dates and flights for October too!!!

Did you stay poly this year too?

Yes! We always stay at the Poly, but went to GF in October to avoid the construction chaos. We liked it, but we just didn't feel 100% comfortable there. Once we saw that the lobby was opened again at the Poly we switched back for our March trip. Having the main pool closed wasn't really an issue for us, we just spent lots of time in the quiet pool. We were so happy to be back at the Poly! Of course now seeing the pictures of the Lava pool open and Trader Sam's is adding to the no-fall-trip-angst!

Been off these boards for awhile, I was just wondering if someone could tell me when the main pool is set to open? I thought it was this month

Been off these boards for awhile, I was just wondering if someone could tell me when the main pool is set to open? I thought it was this month
It is open now. I read that the hot tub opened yesterday, but they are still working on the kids splash area.

Interesting about the one bedroom villas at poly…when will they be released???

There will not be any one bedroom DVC rooms at the Polynesian. There are the 2 bedroom Bungalows and the studios.

I'm currently booked in poly CL GV for October, now I'm worried about facing east pool construction and after contacting IPO I was informed that those rooms will be open. Now I'm considering changing my reservation from club level to regular room, could you please give me recommendations on which longhouse to choose to avoid construction theme park/lagoon view .

Our girls, right?

The dvc studio isn't an option for that reason! Also dh is a KING guy. It's vacation, you want to be comfortable.

Did you notice the bungalo only has 2 beds ??? One of my kids would be on a sleeper at $2500 a night.

Aloha friends! Have a good planning day I hope!
No, I hadn't thought about bungalow having 2 beds! But yeah, your right, if it was both my girls going someone would be in a $2500 pull-out, lol!! Good thing I don't have to worry about that! Lol. Josh on Easy Disney is already poking some fun at "the Poly Bungalow Crowd" lol.

I'm currently booked in poly CL GV for October, now I'm worried about facing east pool construction and after contacting IPO I was informed that those rooms will be open. Now I'm considering changing my reservation from club level to regular room, could you please give me recommendations on which longhouse to choose to avoid construction theme park/lagoon view .

Figi is always a nice option. It is close to the GCH and you will have a view of either the marina and possibly a bit of the lagoon (see the view pics of the first page) or a view looking out onto the gardens/beach on the luau side.

I'm excited to try the Tonga Toast! It looks scrumptious! But....now I will be trying the chocolate croissant as well! Thanks for the tip.

Chocolate croissants? Where are these? I think I missed this post! I really would like to catch breakfast and/or lunch at Kona, but I don't think I can fit it in...

Oh My goodness! I love the new thread:thanks:!
You are awesome! :worship:

Do you guys know how awesome the Poly thread is? Maiapapaya and I met on this thread...met at the Poly and have vacationed together at the Poly! They have come to visit me in Chicago and someday soon I hope to finally get my rear to her home in Canada! We are best buds :love2:
I'm just sayin....the Poly thread is something special! pixiedust:

I'm looking forward to going back and reading everything over and over again!

Mahalo to all the Poly peeps!:flower1: FYI- my ticker is wrong! We are going on October! I'll have to change that.....

Chicago?? I am in Central IL. Used to live in Plainfield :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter