Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 days 11 hours to GO!!!!!! This is our very first stay at the Poly and regardless of the construction going on we are hopeful that this will be an AMAZING stay! It will be my sister's first trip and we are hoping she will fall in love with WDW as much as we have! We have reserved a standard view room for 5 people. Any advice on room requests?
Fiji is our favorite. It's away from the construction.

Just left the Poly. Had a great little weekend. We all loved the slide and the pool. It was nice having the TTC path opened up again.
Excited to go back next month and for the kids to try out the splash area they are still working on.

We stayed in a 1st floor CL room post-bungalow. We could see the EWP clearly right up until the time it hit the 1st bungalow, then it was gone. It's really sad because we also stayed in a 1st floor CL room pre-bungalow and the view was spectacular, so it was quite a change for us. I did book a CL LV room for our upcoming trip, though, because now we know the view is gone but we still love walking outside right onto the sand, and Wishes is still a very nice view.

Thank you TJA!

my worst fears come true. I loved my 1st floor cl lagoon views my previous two visits to poly cl, and when we popped over for dinner in october and saw the bungalow placement, I had a sinking feeling I'd never get a clear EWP view from the hawaii beach again. You would think that they'd try to rearrange the placement of the floats or something.

Just left the Poly. Had a great little weekend. We all loved the slide and the pool. It was nice having the TTC path opened up again.
Excited to go back next month and for the kids to try out the splash area they are still working on.
Did you happen to notice if the garden view side of Hawaii is in really bad shape?

Thank you TJA!

my worst fears come true. I loved my 1st floor cl lagoon views my previous two visits to poly cl, and when we popped over for dinner in october and saw the bungalow placement, I had a sinking feeling I'd never get a clear EWP view from the hawaii beach again. You would think that they'd try to rearrange the placement of the floats or something.

We'll probably walk out of our room and move over to the left when we want to see the show in its entirety. It is sad indeed, though, to not be able to sit on the patio anymore and see the entire show. It was the most beautiful view in Disney we've ever had. On the flip side of that, we stayed on the 3rd floor last year and we watched the entire show, so that's always an option. But we did miss not walking right out onto the sand...so, I sacrificed view for the patio/sand knowing that we're still facing the lagoon and will still be able to watch Wishes from our room.

Super excited to be going next Sunday! We originally booked CL Garden View but because of the discount we switched to CL Theme Park View. We have never had a TPV before, so we are looking forward to what the view will be. Having seen some recent photos of the GL Club Level, I think we will be happy we have switched.

Hi all! On arrival day I want to make dinner special without having to make an ADR. My vision is to visit MK for most of the afternoon, come back swim, eat something (outdoors if possible) including a drink out of a pineapple for dd (on her bucket list after we saw one at the local Chinese restaurant).

Where do you think we could hit most if not all of these "wants" at the Poly. DD will eat just about anything including Sushi, Lobster, Escargot and Sardines out of a can (blechhhh!!!!) so I do not have to look for a kids meal option

What is everyone's thoughts on the best longhouse? I will be traveling with a 3 year old and a 16 month old in October. I was thinking Saoma would be nice and easy for the pool, but now with all the construction maybe Figi is better because it is further away from the construction noise.

Hi all! On arrival day I want to make dinner special without having to make an ADR. My vision is to visit MK for most of the afternoon, come back swim, eat something (outdoors if possible) including a drink out of a pineapple for dd (on her bucket list after we saw one at the local Chinese restaurant).

Where do you think we could hit most if not all of these "wants" at the Poly. DD will eat just about anything including Sushi, Lobster, Escargot and Sardines out of a can (blechhhh!!!!) so I do not have to look for a kids meal option

You could probably do a walk-up at Kona or *maybe* Tiki Terrace. Or grab sushi from Kona Island and take it outside (and get a drink at the pool bar?) Or get some apps and a drink from Tambu Lounge?

Glad you had a nice stay

You could probably do a walk-up at Kona or *maybe* Tiki Terrace. Or grab sushi from Kona Island and take it outside (and get a drink at the pool bar?) Or get some apps and a drink from Tambu Lounge?
I can't wait to try some of the food on the terrace!

Just booked our honeymoon trip for December! We are doing a split stay at POR then finishing up at The Poly. We requested 3rd floor in the Fiji longhouse. Anyone who has stayed at this longhouse before, have any tips or just any tidbits about the longhouse. This will be our first time at the Poly!

Just booked our honeymoon trip for December! We are doing a split stay at POR then finishing up at The Poly. We requested 3rd floor in the Fiji longhouse. Anyone who has stayed at this longhouse before, have any tips or just any tidbits about the longhouse. This will be our first time at the Poly!
We stayed in Fiji in 2013 and loved it. Had a beautiful view of the marina from our balcony, and it was steps away from the main pool and GCH. A bit of a walk to TTC, but a beautiful walk!!

What is everyone's thoughts on the best longhouse? I will be traveling with a 3 year old and a 16 month old in October. I was thinking Saoma would be nice and easy for the pool, but now with all the construction maybe Figi is better because it is further away from the construction noise.

Or maybe Raratonga, and request monorail side? That's really close to GCH & bus stops.

Fiji is our favorite. It's away from the construction.

We stayed in Fiji in 2013 and loved it. Had a beautiful view of the marina from our balcony, and it was steps away from the main pool and GCH. A bit of a walk to TTC, but a beautiful walk!!

Hey fellow Fiji-peeps: shhh! Stop telling everyone about the best longhouse (IMO) at the Poly! Lol

Hey fellow Fiji-peeps: shhh! Stop telling everyone about the best longhouse (IMO) at the Poly! Lol
I know right? I think everyone is requesting Fiji or Aotearoa to get away from construction. I wonder what the chances are of getting requests? Thinking about # of people on the various Disney boards who are aware of construction vs general public who doesn't know, and not done research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter