(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday...:wizard: ..GF gal who is packed and ready to go (unlike some other people..cough cough Tom..)...and vowing not to repack..yet again...

This packing stuff, what's up with it? The girls had a packing party last night.......and said they are going shopping tonight and finishing packing tomorrow. I'm packing Wednesday morning and not a minute before.

Tom

grannyminnie :cheer2: Great news!!!! No better place to celebrate than at the world!!! :cake: So happy for you!!

Very welcome! :goodvibes...As for access to SL while you are staying in RPC (while this was the case a while back..)..it has been our experience with the newer access via card or MB that it is no longer possible...After someone here had mentioned that it was...I did try on a more recent trip...and was not able to...

:woohoo:Safe travels Tom...Great first evening dining plan...Gotta start a trip off on the right foot...!! :thumbsup2 You know what its always about! ::yes:::drinking1

As I possted above mmm ..we did try not to long ago and our MBs did not give us SL access...

Sorry..I don't have the answer to this...although I do know that the display is so lovely...but I will gladly ask while we are at the GF and report back..:thumbsup2

Not sure if you saw..but I did give you a detailed answer about the view that you had asked about...its on the previous page tho...:confused3...as for fireworks viewing..there are two nice spots on the grounds...one is from the marina area...and while the music used to be piped in...I think in more recent years that has been pretty spotty....there is also viewing right from the boat dock...and if you stand back further... closer to the area of Narcoosees ..the music is piped into their deck for the enjoyment of the diners there..but can also be heard in that area that I just mentioned...

pas Loving your new ticker....:boat: glad to see that even though you have changed resorts that you are still haning here with your fellow grand groupies...

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday...:wizard: ..GF gal who is packed and ready to go (unlike some other people..cough cough Tom..)...and vowing not to repack..yet again...

Yes, I did! Thank you. :)
Alas, we will NOT be upgrading to RPC, lol, so I figured I'd try to find out a "cheaper" spot to watch from. :)

Where is a good place to watch Wishes from The Grand? We are in a garden view outer building room so I was hoping we could go to a good spot on our 1st night and catches Wishes before bedtime. :)
My fav place is the courtyard outside of Gaspys. Sometimes we get there a little early, grab a table outside and have a late CS dinner while watching wishes. Or dessert!

Hi BlueSkies, I'm officially all packed!!!!!!! Wait, no it isn't April Fools Day, it is Ground Hogs Day!!!!! Nevermind - I haven't even done the laundry for the trip yet!!!
:laundy:

I'm going to be busy tonight and tomorrow morning - -530pm flight out and 830pm arrival!!!

Safe travels on your inbound flight as well, I'll try not to leave the Grand in a shambles.

Tom

Hi BlueSkies, I'm officially all packed!!!!!!! Wait, no it isn't April Fools Day, it is Ground Hogs Day!!!!! Nevermind - I haven't even done the laundry for the trip yet!!!

I'm going to be busy tonight and tomorrow morning - -530pm flight out and 830pm arrival!!!

Safe travels on your inbound flight as well, I'll try not to leave the Grand in a shambles.

Tom

How awesome is that. Have a great time. :thumbsup2

Tom
Have a Grand time!

Tom
Safe travels! Gave a grand time and send pics!! It's a long time till my August trip ya know!! Very envious of your short flight! We leave at 6:00am pacific time and arrive around 5:30pm EST. Ugh.

Tom

What a wise guy!! You are giving me undue anxiety...lol....;) Safe flight and thanks for not leaving our fave place in shambles...Have a grand trip and safe travels! :goodvibes

Dispro So sorry that we are not continuing what has become our Superbowl weekend tradition at the world...Gonna miss you!

Hope that you all are having a wonderful Wednesday...:earsgirl:

Tom
have a most magical time from another major pack-crastinator!

Safe travels! Gave a grand time and send pics!! It's a long time till my August trip ya know!! Very envious of your short flight! We leave at 6:00am pacific time and arrive around 5:30pm EST. Ugh.
August is coming sooner than you think!!

What a wise guy!! You are giving me undue anxiety...lol....;) Safe flight and thanks for not leaving our fave place in shambles...Have a grand trip and safe travels! :goodvibes

Dispro So sorry that we are not continuing what has become our Superbowl weekend tradition at the world...Gonna miss you!

Hope that you all are having a wonderful Wednesday...:earsgirl:
Safe travels to you as well my friend!! Lots of pics please!!! (Also I changed to AKL CL but that may change by the time you get home )

:grouphug:

Tom

Have a wonderful stay and safe travels! Are you sure you don't need a bag carrier?!

have a most magical time from another major pack-crastinator!

August is coming sooner than you think!!

Safe travels to you as well my friend!! Lots of pics please!!! (Also I changed to AKL CL but that may change by the time you get home )

:grouphug:
Wait!! Did I miss something? You're now at AKL for August? :faint:

Good afternoon my Grand friends! Well, I arrived safe and sound last night and checked in at our favorite spot in the World. "we hope you don't mind, but we've put you in Boca Chica in a theme park view room. If I knew how to post pics, I would show off. There is no obstructed view -- to the left is Cindy's castle, then Main Street USA and then the Contemporary, turn to the right and the Tiki huts of the Polynesian -- the only thing more relaxing than the adult beverage on the first floor patio area off our room, was having morning coffee and watching and listening to the World wake up - room 8135 is quite lovely.

Tom

Good afternoon my Grand friends! Well, I arrived safe and sound last night and checked in at our favorite spot in the World. "we hope you don't mind, but we've put you in Boca Chica in a theme park view room. If I knew how to post pics, I would show off. There is no obstructed view -- to the left is Cindy's castle, then Main Street USA and then the Contemporary, turn to the right and the Tiki huts of the Polynesian -- the only thing more relaxing than the adult beverage on the first floor patio area off our room, was having morning coffee and watching and listening to the World wake up - room 8135 is quite lovely.

Tom
We've had a room like that and I can attest to the wonderful wake ups with my coffee out on the balcony!

Tom
Awesome!

To post pix from an Iphone:

hit "reply" on bottom right,
then hit "upload a file" , center right
then "choose a file" , from your phone/ipad choose your pic
it will ask to do full image? click full image.
then hit " post reply" button

Easy peasy-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter