• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re RPC: What floor is the secret elevator on that will take us down to the courtyard pool?

Any other little secrets? I noted there is a balcony on the 3rd floor that looks out over the lagoon.....I'm sort of going backwards in this thread trying to weed out all of the stuff that pertains to us! I have standard room booked and I'm requesting "close to lounge on 3rd or 4th floor." I also have noted to be in the lounge during the scones serving time .

Re RPC: What floor is the secret elevator on that will take us down to the courtyard pool?

Any other little secrets? I noted there is a balcony on the 3rd floor that looks out over the lagoon.....I'm sort of going backwards in this thread trying to weed out all of the stuff that pertains to us! I have standard room booked and I'm requesting "close to lounge on 3rd or 4th floor." I also have noted to be in the lounge during the scones serving time .
It's a service elevator that runs (I think) the first four floors and comes out beside the quick service place.

Whew had a good several pages to catch up on, we did a mini staycation at home that had my attention. I am counting the days though till a vacation in florida though and that mickey waffle

Question about the in-room fridge: is this a decent fridge that will keep items cold? I've had other in-room fridges at non-Disney hotels that are not that great so I'm concerned it will be a similar situation. We hope to have some groceries delivered, including a gallon of milk but I don't want it to spoil. My mom will also need her insulin to stay cool. Thanks in advance!

Question about the in-room fridge: is this a decent fridge that will keep items cold? I've had other in-room fridges at non-Disney hotels that are not that great so I'm concerned it will be a similar situation. We hope to have some groceries delivered, including a gallon of milk but I don't want it to spoil. My mom will also need her insulin to stay cool. Thanks in advance!

I will say yes but have never used the fridge for something so important as insulin. Before putting anything in there check to make sure its turned down and getting cold. Often times they are either off or turned up when we arrive. :)

We recently stayed at the Poly, and I had to call about our fridge, as I didn't think it was cold enough. Someone came to check it and adjust it. I would check it first thing after you check in.
We had to call about our fridge at Poly too. It was one of the older ones, and ice build up inside on the top was huge, like an iceberg. I asked for it to be replaced. The newer ones are taller too.
I had a bad experience with a fridge like that with ice buildup at YC, temps were all over the place, either freezing food or really warm. Ended up having to throw everything out. Didn't want to take that chance again.

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions, we are staying at the GF for the first time this coming August and we need a room with a roll in shower, this is what we booked and here is what my reservation says "Room Type: OutBldg-Gd WChrAcc RollIn OptHr 2Q" does this mean we will for sure get that type of room or is there any chance that when we arrive they say our handicap room with roll in shower was just a request and not garentueed? This is the first year we've done Disney with a wheelchair so I'm super new to needing some different things in a hotel room than we normally need.

Also does anyone know what buildings the handicap accessible rooms with roll in showers are in? On touring plans it only shows 8 rooms that have that feature but only in three buildings (Main building, Big Pine Key and Boca Chica) and some of them are in a higher category than I booked so I'm wondering if maybe there are more rooms in other buildings or not? Disney wasn't super helpful as they told me the only Handicap rooms with roll in showers were in the main building, but that has to be wrong since I only booked a standard view. I'm just trying to figure out if all the rooms that fit our needs are in the same building or not. I'm not sure if I should request a certain building or anything since our main priority is the shower setup though we'd love a nice view and a balcony.

Thanks for any info, I'm very excited to stay at the GF as I've been trying to stay there forever and this resort will round out the the MK area for us, as we've stayed at all the other MK area resorts.

Also keep in mind you don't have to wait for the elevator if you are on the 3rd floor. There's a stairway you can run right up :) It's not a huge walk IMO. We were at the end of the hall (that tree room LOL) and the walk from our BC CL room was much farther. You'll be fine, it'll be GRAND!

Hello everyone!!! Its been a long time since I've had a chance to come visit and post. It looks like my friend Blue is there now along with some others!! Lucky!!!! :)

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions, we are staying at the GF for the first time this coming August and we need a room with a roll in shower, this is what we booked and here is what my reservation says "Room Type: OutBldg-Gd WChrAcc RollIn OptHr 2Q" does this mean we will for sure get that type of room or is there any chance that when we arrive they say our handicap room with roll in shower was just a request and not garentueed? This is the first year we've done Disney with a wheelchair so I'm super new to needing some different things in a hotel room than we normally need.

Also does anyone know what buildings the handicap accessible rooms with roll in showers are in? On touring plans it only shows 8 rooms that have that feature but only in three buildings (Main building, Big Pine Key and Boca Chica) and some of them are in a higher category than I booked so I'm wondering if maybe there are more rooms in other buildings or not? Disney wasn't super helpful as they told me the only Handicap rooms with roll in showers were in the main building, but that has to be wrong since I only booked a standard view. I'm just trying to figure out if all the rooms that fit our needs are in the same building or not. I'm not sure if I should request a certain building or anything since our main priority is the shower setup though we'd love a nice view and a balcony.

Thanks for any info, I'm very excited to stay at the GF as I've been trying to stay there forever and this resort will round out the the MK area for us, as we've stayed at all the other MK area resorts.

Hi BabyFu18

I didn't need a room with a roll in shower but we had one once. I was told that they are the rooms right next to the elevators. I was in Big Pine Key with a garden view, if you really want more information you can always call the hotel directly, I am sure they have plenty of information for you.

Good luck

Hello everyone!!! Its been a long time since I've had a chance to come visit and post. It looks like my friend Blue is there now along with some others!! Lucky!!!! :)

Hi BabyFu18

I didn't need a room with a roll in shower but we had one once. I was told that they are the rooms right next to the elevators. I was in Big Pine Key with a garden view, if you really want more information you can always call the hotel directly, I am sure they have plenty of information for you.

Good luck
Hi Wishes! :wave: Good to see you posting! Missed you around here! :hug: How are things in your world?

Hi BabyFu18

Good luck

Thanks for the info, I thought maybe the the direct number listed in the first post might just forward to a call center like with most other Disney numbers. I'll try it though and see what info I can get, thanks!

Hi Wishes! :wave: Good to see you posting! Missed you around here! :hug: How are things in your world?

Grannyminnie - How are you? So nice to finally find time to post. I have lurked here and there!!! So busy driving my DD around, its hard with her not being able to drive, but I love spending time with her. What's going on with you? Any trips planned? How's your family?

Thanks for the info, I thought maybe the the direct number listed in the first post might just forward to a call center like with most other Disney numbers. I'll try it though and see what info I can get, thanks!

The phone number is a direct number, I think concierge or housekeeping should be able to answer a lot of questions. I have a DD with a disability and I always call the hotel a few times right before leaving to confirm my room requests and they are very helpful. Also, if things still don't seem to work out when I get there, they are very accommodating if your willing to be patient. In the end its always worked out, sometimes we even receive fastpasses because of the inconvenience. :)

Has anyone heard from Blueskies? We tried not to leave the Grand in a shambles.....and we were successful.

By the way, as noted below....its all about the Food and Wine!

Tom

No postings from Blue. Yes, KonaKaiTom, it is all about the food! Hope you had a Grand time. Don't know when you arrive back in CT, but if it's this weekend, brace yourself. It's going to be bitter cold. It will probably make you wish you were back at the Grand!

Hi all! I just switched up our upcoming trip and we're now staying RPC, yay! :banana: It will be our first GF stay and I am so excited. I've been looking at rooms on TouringPlans and I see some are listed as Deluxe Rooms with two queen beds. I don't see that booking option, only the King Deluxe rooms. So, I'm wondering how you get one of those queen bed deluxe rooms. It it something you just have to request and hope for the best or am I just overlooking it in the room list for booking? Thanks!!

Hi all! I just switched up our upcoming trip and we're now staying RPC, yay! :banana: It will be our first GF stay and I am so excited. I've been looking at rooms on TouringPlans and I see some are listed as Deluxe Rooms with two queen beds. I don't see that booking option, only the King Deluxe rooms. So, I'm wondering how you get one of those queen bed deluxe rooms. It it something you just have to request and hope for the best or am I just overlooking it in the room list for booking? Thanks!!

I don't know the rooms at GF very well but I can say that the room finder tool on TouringPlans website is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room amenities and rooms types. Hopefully one of the GF experts can answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter