• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon my Grand friends! Well, I arrived safe and sound last night and checked in at our favorite spot in the World. "we hope you don't mind, but we've put you in Boca Chica in a theme park view room. If I knew how to post pics, I would show off. There is no obstructed view -- to the left is Cindy's castle, then Main Street USA and then the Contemporary, turn to the right and the Tiki huts of the Polynesian -- the only thing more relaxing than the adult beverage on the first floor patio area off our room, was having morning coffee and watching and listening to the World wake up - room 8135 is quite lovely.

Tom
Oh, Tom, you really landed on your feet! We had a similar room way back when ... only with a great fat tree in the way! Have a magnificent time and have fun on that patio.

Good afternoon my Grand friends! Well, I arrived safe and sound last night and checked in at our favorite spot in the World. "we hope you don't mind, but we've put you in Boca Chica in a theme park view room. If I knew how to post pics, I would show off. There is no obstructed view -- to the left is Cindy's castle, then Main Street USA and then the Contemporary, turn to the right and the Tiki huts of the Polynesian -- the only thing more relaxing than the adult beverage on the first floor patio area off our room, was having morning coffee and watching and listening to the World wake up - room 8135 is quite lovely.

Tom
pixiedust: Wow!! It doesn't get much better than that!! Love Boca Chica. Great view!! Enjoy.

Just booked a stay for my bff of 35 years and I for April 23-26, 3 nights 4 days. She has never been on a trip without her family. She has a special needs son that requires a lot of care. Needless to say, she is looking forward to it! We booked a GV room. I haven't been to GF since my honeymoon in 1989. If you GF vets have any tips for making our stay extra special please share. We want to relax, eat, drink and hit the parks!

Just booked a stay for my bff of 35 years and I for April 23-26, 3 nights 4 days. She has never been on a trip without her family. She has a special needs son that requires a lot of care. Needless to say, she is looking forward to it! We booked a GV room. I haven't been to GF since my honeymoon in 1989. If you GF vets have any tips for making our stay extra special please share. We want to relax, eat, drink and hit the parks!

I was a caregiver for 10 years (24/7) and I understand the need to get away, believe me! And the first place I went was a one week stay at Grand Floridian (oh my goodness...it was bliss, you have no idea).

You guys will have fun just being together and enjoying each other's company. Relax at the pool, eat great food, and just take life as it comes to you in the moment...that will be heaven I'm sure! And by the way, everything at the Grand is extra special, so no tips needed from any of us! :)

What a wonderful idea! As Lisann says, the GF has many relaxing and beautiful amenities. However, I will bring a few to your attention so you can get some initial ideas and then run with them yourselves. I don't know your ADR situation, but a breakfast at the GF Cafe is a relaxing and civilised way to start the day. The room is light-filled and the windows look out on the lovely gardens. Those gardens are worth a wander, too! Stay on the lookout for the Glass Coach on its way to the Wedding Pavilion! Have you thought of afternoon tea? I'm not certain of availability at this stage, but you could find out about it if that is your particular cup of tea. :) An evening dip in a pool is also attractive. The evenings are warm and the courtyard pool, in particular, is not as crowded as earlier in the day.

After a day in the MK, a boat ride home can be lovely and relaxing. The cooling breeze, the wading waterfowl in the reeds, the sunsets, the surrounding sounds of boat and ferry whistles and the lapping water make the little launches a particularly nice alternative to the monorail. Once home at the GF you can sit in the lobby and listen to the orchestra or the pianist. Soak up the atmosphere ... and the perfume wafting from Basin! If you are home in time for the Electrical Water Pageant, may I suggest that you grab a seat on the boat dock? You can sit and view the pageant and the fireworks. A nice way to end a day. But, whatever you choose, I'm sure you will have a wonderful stay!

Last edited:
Hi all. What are the options for tea party at the grand for little girls. I know of the perfect princess tea party with the doll but I am looking for a less expensive option. I thought I remembered reading about a party with alice? This is for my friend, her DM, DS, and DD who is 7. Perhaps just tea in the tea room for the ladies?

Hi all. What are the options for tea party at the grand for little girls. I know of the perfect princess tea party with the doll but I am looking for a less expensive option. I thought I remembered reading about a party with alice? This is for my friend, her DM, DS, and DD who is 7. Perhaps just tea in the tea room for the ladies?
Hmm never heard of that one. Dd20 and I used to go the the garden tea room but a la carte items are no longer offered. The menu has many pricey items now :(

Hmm never heard of that one. Dd20 and I used to go the the garden tea room but a la carte items are no longer offered. The menu has many pricey items now :(
I'll say amen to that!! My sister and I checked out the menu to possibly enjoy tea, but the prices scared us away! They have become ridiculous, in my opinion! :(

Do you mean the Wonderland Tea Party? I found this page, but I have no idea whether this is current information or not.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=227

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter