Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Thanks, Tom! Wish I checked this before I went to the store. I think I have filters somewhere (currently using a Keurig and was considering bringing my spare). Must have tons of coffee or I will keel over...

My internist asked me how much coffee I consume in a day -- and I responded usually close to 2 -- and he said "cups, that's great" I said, "pots, I'm not a happy camper if you measure it in cups." Since my bp is 120 over 62 and my resting pulse is 64 he had no comment back.

Tom

My internist asked me how much coffee I consume in a day -- and I responded usually close to 2 -- and he said "cups, that's great" I said, "pots, I'm not a happy camper if you measure it in cups." Since my bp is 120 over 62 and my resting pulse is 64 he had no comment back.

Tom

My Dr. had the same response...ha ha ha. BP is 110/65. Still haven't decided if I'm taking my extra coffee pot or not. Probably will! Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it. Since I'm driving a big, honkin' SUV, I have the room!

We're planning a trip for fall 2016. We ate at TE last year during our trip, but that's it. After reading this thread and getting into all the cabin details, I'm geeking out. I think we may go for a cabin this year! :)

Of course I'm a little partial to the Fort, but the cabins really are great for families that want a little extra room and want the convenience of a kitchen without having to pay villa prices. And you still get that Disney feel while at the Fort, but you don't have the hustle and bustle of some of the resort crowds.

When we stayed there in February...

Tom

Looks like your trip is super close!! Happy packing! Hope y'all have a fabuouls time!:woohoo::dance3::wave2:

Just curious if the horns from the boats bother anyone? I've heard they can run til 1-3 am. Might be a case for me to request further away rather than closer.

If you're staying in a cabin, you won't hear them. Are you a campsite or cabin? Even when we've stayed at the Poly and GF (close to the docks) the horns never bothered us. You should be ok:thumbsup2

Saw that post. I loved the Murphy Bed, but it was somewhat inconvenient. Not keen on the decor from the photos posted. Does anyone know which loops have been refurbished and which are in process? I thought I saw 2100 or 2200 in progress.

From what I can find, it says refurbs will be complete April 2016. I'm anxious to book a cabin and see the changes first hand ::yes::

Of course I'm a little partial to the Fort, but the cabins really are great for families that want a little extra room and want the convenience of a kitchen without having to pay villa prices. And you still get that Disney feel while at the Fort, but you don't have the hustle and bustle of some of the resort crowds.

Looks like your trip is super close!! Happy packing! Hope y'all have a fabuouls time!:woohoo::dance3::wave2:

If you're staying in a cabin, you won't hear them. Are you a campsite or cabin? Even when we've stayed at the Poly and GF (close to the docks) the horns never bothered us. You should be ok:thumbsup2
We will be in a travel trailer

I love the look of the new Cabins. I'm not sure about what appears to be only a 2 burner cooktop. But to be fair, I didn't really use the whole capability of the stove and I read that it is a Convection Oven/Microwave combo so that is good\.

Will there be trick or treating on halloween during a specific time at the campground on halloween? Or any other specific halloween activities? Thank you for your help.

Does anyone know which loops have been refurbished and which are in process? I thought I saw 2100 or 2200 in progress.

We just got back on Friday. We had a refurbished cabin in loop 2200, and the whole loop was complete (as far as I could tell). If I recall correctly, 2100 is complete. I believe work is currently being done in loop 2300, and possibly 2400.

We are planning a trip for october 29- Nov 6 2016 staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Does anyone know when the camp sites will take down the Halloween decorations and put up the Christmas decorations? We have been in Dec and it was fabulous. Just wondering if we might see some Christmas stuff while we are there. Are the Halloween decorations as impressive as the Christmas?

We are planning a trip for october 29- Nov 6 2016 staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Does anyone know when the camp sites will take down the Halloween decorations and put up the Christmas decorations? We have been in Dec and it was fabulous. Just wondering if we might see some Christmas stuff while we are there. Are the Halloween decorations as impressive as the Christmas?

Most likely you will just see Halloween during that time at the Fort. But, the Halloween are just as good as Christmas in my opinion.

While we were "looping" the other night, there were about 4 loops closed. I know 2600 was one of them. We are currently staying in 2800, which has NOT been redone.

We're going to be down the middle of Nov to celebrate birthdays but will also be going to MVMCP so we will be celebrating the beginning of the Christmas season as well. This will be our first time in the cabins. We were thinking about putting stockings up for the kids while we are there and while I'm sure there is no designated place to put up stockings is there any place that would easily work??

We were thinking about putting stockings up for the kids while we are there and while I'm sure there is no designated place to put up stockings is there any place that would easily work??

I think if you get a refurbished cabin, below the TV might be a good space. Otherwise, maybe on the pantry or across one of the front windows...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter