Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Will there be trick or treating on halloween during a specific time at the campground on halloween? Or any other specific halloween activities? Thank you for your help.

They will have the golf cart parade that starts at 5pm. It's really something to see. If you go to YouTube, you can pull up tons of videos. They also have a pumpkin carving, but I'm not sure if that is Halloween or the day before. Hope you have lots of fun!! ::yes:::woohoo:

Hi everyone! New to the boards. I've read most of this thread.

We are visiting WDW for the first time early December with our two little girls. My youngest will be turning 4 while we are there. My oldest will be 6 a month later.

I just read about the renovations. Exciting! The cabins did look dated & needed an update from what I could tell in pics.

We are renting a golf cart. And prefer a more remote location. What loop should I request? I see a lot of people asking about what loop is good to be close to stuff but we prefer the opposite. The quieter the better!!

Thanks in advance!

AllEars has a great video of the newly rehabbed cabins HERE.

Also, according to AllEars, Loops 2200 and 2300 have now been completed. The 2400 and 2600 loops are now closed for renovation.

Finally, the Electrical Water Pageant will start 30 minutes earlier on Thursdays and Fridays from November 12 to December 18: FW = 9:15 p.m.

Hello everyone! We had our first on-site stay at WDW just last month. We stayed at the Contemporary. Great location, blah blah. But we went over to Trail's End and the Chip and Dale campfire and fell in love! :love: We love Halloween, were married on Halloween, and loved the decorations we saw as we walked back from the campfire to the bus depot. And the feel of the resort was just our style. Soooo...we're planning a week long stay next October/November in the cabins!!! I just started reading this thread and am getting so excited. Thank you all for spreading the love.

AllEars has a great video of the newly rehabbed cabins HERE.

Also, according to AllEars, Loops 2200 and 2300 have now been completed. The 2400 and 2600 loops are now closed for renovation.

Finally, the Electrical Water Pageant will start 30 minutes earlier on Thursdays and Fridays from November 12 to December 18: FW = 9:15 p.m.

Hiya :wave: Thanks for the info!! You're the best!

Hello everyone! We had our first on-site stay at WDW just last month. We stayed at the Contemporary. Great location, blah blah. But we went over to Trail's End and the Chip and Dale campfire and fell in love! :love: We love Halloween, were married on Halloween, and loved the decorations we saw as we walked back from the campfire to the bus depot. And the feel of the resort was just our style. Soooo...we're planning a week long stay next October/November in the cabins!!! I just started reading this thread and am getting so excited. Thank you all for spreading the love.

Isn't the Fort great?!! Like you, we fell in love with it unintentionally. When you return next year, you'll have to bike around or rent a golf cart and check out all the decorations. They will be fabulous!! We're going to be camping there next Thanksgiving, and I'm already looking forward to the Christmas decorations.

Happy Planning! :goodvibes

Hi everyone! New to the boards. I've read most of this thread.

We are visiting WDW for the first time early December with our two little girls. My youngest will be turning 4 while we are there. My oldest will be 6 a month later.

I just read about the renovations. Exciting! The cabins did look dated & needed an update from what I could tell in pics.

We are renting a golf cart. And prefer a more remote location. What loop should I request? I see a lot of people asking about what loop is good to be close to stuff but we prefer the opposite. The quieter the better!!

Thanks in advance!

How exciting!! Y'all will get to see all the fabulous Christmas decorations. And since you will have a golf cart, make sure you ride around at night through the camping loops to see all the festive decor. Your girls will LOVE it! As far as a choice of loops, it's all kind of subjective. If you look at the beginning of this thread, you will see a map of the Fort with all the cabin locations and campsites. The 2700 loop is fairly seculded and away from most popular spots at the Fort. If you want a refurbished cabin, make sure you put in that request as well.

Hope y'all have a great time!! :thumbsup2

Tried to get there for thanksgiving this year but had to cancel so trying again for October of 2016. Just curious to know if little closet in hallway has any significant storage space. Love the added drawer space in the living room!

Tried to get there for thanksgiving this year but had to cancel so trying again for October of 2016. Just curious to know if little closet in hallway has any significant storage space. Love the added drawer space in the living room!

:scratchin Hmmmm.... if I can remember correctly, there wasn't much storage as there was a portable crib, broom and dustpan in there. Believe it or not, we had plenty of space for our belongings. Of course we used every inch of the bathroom cabinets, cabinets in the bedroom and den, and the closet in the bedroom. You'll totally enjoy the cabins...especially the newly renovated ones :thumbsup2 And lots to see in October, too. The campsites go all out with Halloween decorations. Lots of fun!!

So, all the photos I've seen for the tent sites have one kind of tent. Is this tent provided by the resort or is it just as an example?
I thought it was all 'bring your own roof' sort of thing lol But if not, that'd be interesting.

So, all the photos I've seen for the tent sites have one kind of tent. Is this tent provided by the resort or is it just as an example?
I thought it was all 'bring your own roof' sort of thing lol But if not, that'd be interesting.

If you are looking at the photos on the WDW website, then they are just showing their "promo" pictures. That is the tent they rent out, I believe. If you do a google image search "fort wilderness tent camping" you can find all kinds of pictures. Also, if you check out YouTube, there are videos people have taken of the various loops. If you search for "fort wilderness loop 1500" or "fort wilderness loop 2000", these are the tent/pop up loops so you can see examples of tents people have used at FW.

Does WDW still offer a tour of Fort Wilderness? It was a boat ride from CR, campfire breakfast, horse drawn carriage ride & archery.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking they don't offer it any more. I tried to search for it and found nothing. Sounds like a great tour, though.

Thanks for your response. I think it was called Escape to Walt's Wilderness. I wish they still offered it. Maybe they will bring it back someday.....

Happy New Year!

Hey Heather! Long time no "see"! I've been MIA from the boards for a while now but was happy to see you handling this thread. You've done an excellent job with it!

My family is going to WDW from 5/29-6/5. Yes, I'm crazy for going during Memorial Day week. But we went during Easter week this past year and actually thought it was very doable with a good plan. Anyway, for this trip, the deluxes are out of my budget even with the spring discount. I have booked several different values and moderates but none have sat right with me so I keep changing. Shocker, right? As of now, we are booked in a cabin @ Ft Wilderness. This will be our 1st time staying there. I am excited about the space and newly rehabbed cabins. My only concern is transportation We most likely will not rent a golf cart. We will drive ourselves to AK & DHS. For EPCOT, we will boat to CR & take the monorail. For MK, we'll do the boat.

But, I do have one concern: one day we have a 730 am ADR @ Chef Mickey's. My understanding is that the boat to CR starts running at 645 so that should be ok. However, I can't seem to find (or have overlooked) what time the internal buses start running. Will there be a bus come by the cabins early enough to get us to the Settlement Depot for 645am?

Many Thanks! And Happy New Year to all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter