Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

View attachment 115051

This NoC (Notice of Commencement) was filed last month. According to the attached documents, it appears that the following loops' cabins will be/are being rehabbed: 100, 2700, 2300, 2200, 2400, 2500, 2600, 2800, 2100. I'll be "in the area" (Poly) this month and I'll try to get over to FW and see if I can get any photos of any work being done, if someone doesn't post some before me;)

Boy KOOK, you don't miss anything do you? Always on the ball. Your efforts are appreciated!

Boy KOOK, you don't miss anything do you? Always on the ball. Your efforts are appreciated!
Awww, thank you so much, @dansdad. It's fun being a Disney snoop:magnify:. Speaking of appreciated efforts, thank you for always making the rounds on the Resort Info. threads and answering questions and pointing lost souls in the right direction:worship:

Over on the camping forum there are several of us who will be staying at the Fort in October. Some of us in campers, and some in the cabins. We have a thread going called October 2015 Meet and Greet. If any of you will be there during that time would love to hear about it and maybe get to shake a hand or two, so let us know if you will be there.

Sorry for the post, but there are several of you guys I see posting regularly here on the resorts thread that I never see on the camping forum, so I wanted to extend the invitation. Both of these threads are good knowledge bases and it's a shame if we might be there at the same time and not know it.

Happy Camping!
:squirrel:

2015 Holiday Sleigh Ride Dates and Prices:

This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Guests will be presented with a special limited-edition pin created just for this experience. Make time afterwards to walk through the barn and see where the horses live.

Price: $79.00 per group

November 27 - December 30, 2015

Can accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults with 3 children ages 9 and under.

This 25-minute sleigh ride departs every 30 minutes from 5:00 - 10:00 pm. Check in at the Blacksmith's shop near the Settlement area.

This excursion can be booked up to 180 days in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Hi, I have a question about Trail's End to go. Is there any picnic area to eat our food near by if we want to order from the take out menu? As in can we use it like a counter service restaurant ? We will be just visiting for the day and don't feel like having the whole buffet dinner. Would you recommend it?

TLPL,
Yes, around the side of Trails End are some picnic tables that are on the porch so you are covered and out of the sun or rain.

Here's a pic, Trail's End is through those windows you see on the left.
IMG_6404.jpg

We will be at WDW in a couple of weeks and while we are not staying at the Campground, we will be there for an archery session-- a birthday gift for our son. We are on the QS Dining plan and will be having lunch at the Meadow Snack Bar. We've never eaten there before so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the food is like there.

CdnBuzzFan,
As of last month's update this should be the current menu for the snack bar. A lot of the items are found at other snack bars around the Disney property, so you may have actually sampled some the items already if you've been in the parks before.

Entree/Main Course

• BBQ Pulled pork sandwich - Topped with coleslaw and served with homemade chips - $9.49
      Bratwurst Pretzel Dog - Pork Bratwurst on a Pretzel Roll with Balsamic Onion and Spicy Mustard - $9.49
      Caesar Salad with chicken - Caesar Salad with chicken . - $8.49
      Chicken Salad - with Tomato and Lettuce - $9.29
      Chuckwagon Wrap - Turkey, Provolone, Lettuce, and Tomato Basil on a Sun-dried Tomato Wrap - $9.49
      Cowboy Sub - Salami, Ham, and Turkey on Focaccia Bread with Tapenade, Lettuce, Tomato, Garlic Aïoli, and Smoked Provolone - $9.49
      Hot Dog - served with potato chips - $7.49
      Personal Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza - Personal Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza - $7.49
      Roast Beef Sandwich - with Swiss, Tomato, and Lettuce on a Kaiser Roll - $9.49
      The Cheesiest Dog - topped with Bacon and Macaroni & Cheese served with Potato Chips - $8.69
      Vegetable Salad - with Corn, Carrots, Olives, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Edamame, Red Cabbage, and Lettuce - $5.89
Side Dish

• Apple slices - with caramel sauce - $3.69
      Carrot and celery sticks - with ranch dressing - $3.99
      Chips - Assorted Chips - $2.99
      Cucumber Salad - Cucumber Salad - $2.99
      Tomato and Mozzarella Salad - Tomato and Mozzarella Salad - $3.19
      Tortilla chips with cheese sauce - extra cheese 1.00 - $4.49
Dessert
Apple Cobbler - Apple Cobbler - $3.99
Chocolate cake - Chocolate cake. - $4.19
Minute Maid® Frozen Lemonade Cup - Minute Maid® Frozen Lemonade Cup . - $3.79
Nestlé® Mickey's Ice Cream Bar - Nestlé® Orange & Cream Bar, Nestlé® Mickey's Cookies 'N Cream Ice Cream Sandwich, or Nestlé® Mickey's Ice Cream Bar - $3.79
Strawberry Fruit Bar - Strawberry Fruit Bar . - $3.49
Drinks
Apple juice - Minute maid apple juice - $2.19
Assorted Fountain Beverages - Coke, diet coke, sprite, lemonade, fanta - $2.99
Beer - Budweiser $6.00 // Bud Light Lime $6.75 // Michelob Ultra $6.75 // Bud Light $6.00 // Yuengling $6.75
Dasani® Bottled Water - Dasani® Bottled Water - $2.50
Gold Peak® Bottled Iced Tea - Gold Peak® Bottled Iced Tea - $2.69
Hot Beverage - Hot Tea, Coffee (regular or decaf), or Hot Coccoa - $2.29
Lowfat Milk - Lowfat Milk - $1.79
Piña Colada Slushy - Piña Colada Slushy - $4.99
Refillable Souvenir mug - Refillable Souvenir mug - $15.49
Strawberry Slushy - Strawberry Slushy - $4.49​
Child's Menu

Entree/Main Course
Mickey Check Meal - Smucker's® Uncrustables®
- includes Grapes, Carrot Sticks, and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions - $5.49
Pizza - Cheese or Pepperoni and includes Grapes, Carrot Sticks, and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani Water. Minute Maid® Juice Box, Potato Chips, or Cookie substituted upon request - $5.99
Turkey Sandwich - includes Grapes, Carrot Sticks, and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions - $5.99​

Hello! I will be staying at VWL Nov 15-20 and planning on having dinner at Trail's End after a day at Animal Kingdom and going home afterwards to Wilderness Lodge. I have a few logistics questions.
1. My mom will be renting an ECV - I know she can not take it on the blue flag boats back to Wilderness Lodge - Should we take the MK yellow flag boat and stay on til it returns to Wilderness Lodge? Or would it be easier to take the bus? If so, do we take an internal bus from Pioneer Hall and transfer?

2. We are also thinking of doing one of the Wagon Rides - Does anyone remember what times it operates in Nov? Currently they have the wagon rides at 7pm and 9:30pm according to allearsnet.

3. Tri Circle D barn - We love visiting the draft horses at the barn - Do you know what time the barn closes? It shows the pony rides until 5pm - Is that the same time the barn closes?

Thanks!

Kabbie,
The wagon rides, according to the Dis, will be from 6:00pm until 9:30pm. The current listed price is $45. Here is a link, note that this also has the sleigh ride times for November as well, but that is after your stay date. Look just below it and you will find the info on the wagon rides listed.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm#sleigh

As far as the barn goes, they do end the pony rides around 5:00 to allow for feeding and cleaning of the horses before putting them up for the evening. I have personally gone inside the barn after a meal at Trail's End and I'm thinking it was somewhere around 8:00pm but you could only get to and see the first few horse stalls but the kids still loved it.

Not sure on the transportation aspect as I have only gone to WL via the trail between the two resorts. You may want to ask this question on the Camping Forum as well.

Hi
I'm at wdw around Halloween and I was wondering if it was worth trying to get over the fort on the 30th. Can we see the decorations? Is it easy to walk around and what time should we head over there? how do we get there we are staying at okw but might b coming from Epcot or okw.
Should we book dinner at trails end or do mickey bbq.
Thanks Angie

I need to get to Ft Wilderness from Magic Kingdom. We will be taking the boat over and have never been there before. Can someone tell me how to get from the boat dock to the Meadow Snack bar, please?

CdnBuzzFan,
When you come off the boat dock go straight ahead and between the Settlement Trading Post on your left and Pioneer Hall and Crockett's Tavern will be on your right. You have two options: 1) You can walk to the snack bar, which is done by going straight ahead with the Settlement Trading Post immediately on your left and this path will lead you to an intersection. Walk straight across and stay on the sidewalk on the left side of the road and you will eventually come to the Meadows on your left. The pool and snack bar are behind it. 2) You can get off the boat dock and veer just to your right after going through the golf cart parking area to where Pioneer Hall is on your immediate right. Following this path leads to the bus stop where you can get on the Orange bus (unless the color routes have changed recently) and take the bus to the bus stop for the 900/1000 loops which will be right across the road from the Meadows. Here is a map pic showing the routes and locations at the Fort.

2007 Fort Wilderness Resort.jpg

Hi
I'm at wdw around Halloween and I was wondering if it was worth trying to get over the fort on the 30th. Can we see the decorations? Is it easy to walk around and what time should we head over there? how do we get there we are staying at okw but might b coming from Epcot or okw.
Should we book dinner at trails end or do mickey bbq.
Thanks Angie
Yes, you can see the decorations, the question is how. The resort is quite large in terms of walking around the loops to look at the decorations but some of the loops like 100-400 and others close by can be reached easily. Riding one of the busses is really not a good option as you can only see the sites right up next to the roads and this leaves off a lot of great things. There is an evening wagon ride that is available that may allow some viewing as well and is available right in front of Trail's End.

Now, as far as the food goes...
We have done both Mickey's BBQ and Trail's End. Hands down, for the price, atmosphere, and great food it is Trail's End for us.

If you go to the camping forum and search for halloween decorations you will find some threads that show people's sites decorated and get a general idea of what you may be seeing.

Hi there
Just wondering if the Chip and Dale Campfire is open to off-site guests.
We are staying at the Bonnet Creek but would love to check this fun out!
Thanks!

Hi there
Just wondering if the Chip and Dale Campfire is open to off-site guests.
We are staying at the Bonnet Creek but would love to check this fun out!
Thanks!

This is such a fun family activity and it's FREE :D...for anyone! If you go to the beginning of this thread and scroll down, you'll find some info about Chip n' Dale. My kids are getting older now but still love it. Hope y'all have a fabulous time :)

Hi! We are camping for the first time next fall. I'm trying to read thru everything, but I'm hoping that someone can help me out. We are thinking of bringing mopeds with us, since we don't have a toy hauler to bring a golf cart, and are cheaper than renting or buying a golf cart. On the rules sheet it states that they are allowed but that you can't park in golf cart parking.....is there parking we can use for them at the marina and other places around the campground that we can use, or only at our site? I don't want to bring something that I can't really use to go places in the campground. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter