Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Thanks, Tobikaye! I read the article and there were several positive comments at the end. I think we'll actually head over early enough to grab lunch first at the meadow snack bar just to make sure that it's not a problem to be on time. :thumbsup2

I'd still like to here some first hand experiences if anyone has tried it. It does look like a lot of fun.

I'd still like to know how anyone's experience was with the archery. Has anyone done this or heard about it?? I'd love from first-hand info if possible.

Fwiw I requested 2100 and also got assigned 2700. But at check in I asked if she wouldn't mind double checking to see if anything in 2100 was available and they switched us! It was an easy walk to the meadow pool and activities. We didn't miss not having a golf cart.

Thanks! I'll be sure to ask if not received at check-in. Never hurts to ask :)

We will be checking in on June 19th for 8 nights. We have been to the Fort before but first time staying in a cabin. We got out magic bands in the mail this weekend so that has bumped up the excitement level.

We will be doing Hoop Dee Doo and the Backyard BBQ. Hope to get to a campfire and movie. Also may try out the Archery and some other things. Looking forward to it!

We will be checking in on June 19th for 8 nights. We have been to the Fort before but first time staying in a cabin. We got out magic bands in the mail this weekend so that has bumped up the excitement level.

We will be doing Hoop Dee Doo and the Backyard BBQ. Hope to get to a campfire and movie. Also may try out the Archery and some other things. Looking forward to it!

Enjoy the vacation -- we just stayed in February and loved it. If you have time, do a trail ride - so much fun - and you don't have to know how to ride, the horses know where, and how, to go.

Tom

Enjoy the vacation -- we just stayed in February and loved it. If you have time, do a trail ride - so much fun - and you don't have to know how to ride, the horses know where, and how, to go.

Tom

Did you have to make a reservation to ride?

Did you have to make a reservation to ride?

Yes, you should make a reservation -- I've attached all the info regarding the ride:

Trail Rides are offered several times a day, weather permitting. They're guided horseback rides at the Tri-Circle D Livery at Fort Wilderness. The rides, which cost $46 per person, last approximately 45 minutes. Riders must be at least 9 years old and 48 inches tall and can weigh no more than 250 pounds. Nothing can be carried while on horseback; small storage lockers to hold cameras and backpacks are provided at no charge. Open-toed shoes, flip flops, and strapless shoes are not permitted. Parents must sign a consent form for all children under 18 years old.
The horses are tame and walk pretty much single file during the ride. If you're an experienced rider, this ride may be too dull for you. If you've not had an opportunity to ride a horse before or have done so rarely, this ride may be just what you're looking for. To make advanced reservations, call (407) WDW-PLAY -- reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. To make Same-Day reservations, call 407-824-2832. Guests must pick up tickets on the same date at the Fort Wilderness Kennel at least 30-minutes prior to the start of the ride. Please allow for transportation time from other Disney resorts.
To get to the Tri-Circle D Livery, you can drive to and park in the Fort Wilderness Visitor parking lot and walk; board the bus at the TTC and take it to the Outpost Depot bus stop; take the Fort Wilderness boat from the marina at the Magic Kingdom to the Fort Wilderness marina and then walk to the Settlement Depot bus stop where you'd then board the bus to the Outpost Depot.

This will be our first time at fort wilderness cabins so I have a few questions . Would you say the 2100 cabins area is the best to request to be close to things? I have a special needs child and it would be easiest to be as close as possible to the center of access to everything and not having to trudge far . Also the sleeping arrangements the bed is I believe a double? Does it sleep two comfortably? We will have Me, Dh, Dd20 , Dd'sBf 24, DS 16, DS 5, Grandbaby will be just about 6 months old. This was the best choice financially for us and getting regular free dining as oppose the All Star Music and upgrading to reg free dining. Any help or suggestions are welcomed :)

We are planning on eating at Trails End Restaurant on our upcoming trip but I had to change the day so it will not be on one of our MK days now. I am seeing conflicting information on where the HS bus drops/picks up at FW. Is it at the Settlement Depot or Outpost Depot?

We will be going from HS and I am looking for the quickest way to get there but we are not interested in a cab. So far I think these are the best choices:

1. Bus from HS to FW.
2. Bus from HS to MK then boat to FW.
3. Bus from HS to WL then boat or bus to FW.
4. Drive car from HS to FW.

If the HS bus drops off at the Settlement Depot how long is the trip from HS to FW? Thanks for any information.

This will be our first time at fort wilderness cabins so I have a few questions . Would you say the 2100 cabins area is the best to request to be close to things? I have a special needs child and it would be easiest to be as close as possible to the center of access to everything and not having to trudge far . Also the sleeping arrangements the bed is I believe a double? Does it sleep two comfortably? We will have Me, Dh, Dd20 , Dd'sBf 24, DS 16, DS 5, Grandbaby will be just about 6 months old. This was the best choice financially for us and getting regular free dining as oppose the All Star Music and upgrading to reg free dining. Any help or suggestions are welcomed :)

It depends on what you want to be close to goofy22. 2100 is close to the main pool and campfire/movie area. But by close, it is a 5-10 minute walk.

So if that's too far for you, and you want to be close to a pool, maybe ask for the quiet pool loops (2500 and 2600 I think)?

We are planning on eating at Trails End Restaurant on our upcoming trip but I had to change the day so it will not be on one of our MK days now. I am seeing conflicting information on where the HS bus drops/picks up at FW. Is it at the Settlement Depot or Outpost Depot?

We will be going from HS and I am looking for the quickest way to get there but we are not interested in a cab. So far I think these are the best choices:

1. Bus from HS to FW.

If the HS bus drops off at the Settlement Depot how long is the trip from HS to FW? Thanks for any information.

Trails end is at the settlement depot. So however you get to the outpost (car or bus from HS would be quickest I would think) you'll need to take the internal FW bus from the Outpost to the Settlement area.

It depends on what you want to be close to goofy22. 2100 is close to the main pool and campfire/movie area. But by close, it is a 5-10 minute walk.

So if that's too far for you, and you want to be close to a pool, maybe ask for the quiet pool loops (2500 and 2600 I think)?

Just want to be kinda near the main pool and not far from a bus stop the lil one is a bit hard to lug around after walking alot 5-10 mins probably is fine . He tries his hardest to keep up but he just can't we want it to be fun and not exhausting gor him. How does the busing work it kinda scares me you hsve to take one bus then another to get places do they move rather timely?

1. Bus from HS to FW.

My suggestion would be bus to FTW then internal bus to Trails End. Regardless of driving or bussing, you will have to get off at the same place and take an internal bus. I think driving is too big of a hassle even if the bus does take a few minutes long (which is rarely does:))

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the sinks in the cabin kitchens have a garbage disposal? Thanks!

I don't recall seeing a garbage disposal in the sink....however...this doesn't mean there isn't one.

Is there a minimum age requirement for the pony ride? Thanks

Riders must be at least 2 years of age, under 80 pounds, no taller than 48 inches and able to hang on by themselves. Lots of fun for kids!

Wow, I am seriously considering staying here in May 2016, rather than AoA. My son likes the waterslide :) This could work....and I think these are cheaper than the aoa family suites too. Hmmmm.....I def planned to do hoop dee doo, if nothing else!

Are there multiple bus stops to get to the parks at this resort? How far away are the cabins from the bus stops? Can you walk or do you NEED to do the internal transportation? We Would maybe rent a golf cart- is there a place to park it by the stops or do they remain parked at your cabin?

Does anyone know the weekly rate for a golf cart?

My apologies if the answers in are already in the comments- it's going to take me awhile to go through it all! I have never really considered these before, so I haven't spent any time researching yet...

Wow, I am seriously considering staying here in May 2016, rather than AoA. My son likes the waterslide :) This could work....and I think these are cheaper than the aoa family suites too. Hmmmm.....I def planned to do hoop dee doo, if nothing else!

Are there multiple bus stops to get to the parks at this resort? How far away are the cabins from the bus stops? Can you walk or do you NEED to do the internal transportation? We Would maybe rent a golf cart- is there a place to park it by the stops or do they remain parked at your cabin?

Does anyone know the weekly rate for a golf cart?

My apologies if the answers in are already in the comments- it's going to take me awhile to go through it all! I have never really considered these before, so I haven't spent any time researching yet...

Hi there!!

HDDR is definitely worth seeing!! In fact, this is how we got hooked on The Fort. We were staying the CR and took the boat over for the show...then decided the resort was certainly worth trying. We've done the HDDR several times and will do it again for sure.

There is an internal bus system that only runs within the resort...it's a HUGE area. There are internal bus stops throughout the resort. Look at the beginning of the thread and there's a map of the locations. Those buses will take you to the entrance of the resort to catch a bus to the parks. It's really very easy. While lots of people use the internal buses, we always rent a golf cart...just for convenience purposes. I haven't looked at the prices recently, but I think they use to be around $60 a day. My 3 kids LOVE riding the cart all around the resort, and there are places to park the golf carts by the pools, the marina, and at the front where you catch the buses to the parks.

Having the kitchen is always a plus, too,...not that I do lots of cooking on vacation. However, it's nice for breakfast and a quick lunch.

Happy Planning!
Heather

I skimmed through the posts but couldn't find what I was looking for. We are coming in November and would like to do the carriage ride. I think it was on Allears that I saw they are only offered in the evening (is that current?) - do they take you on a lighted path or something cause wouldn't it be dark by 7pm in November?

Another question - for Hoop dee doo, can you request a child's meal? My little one doesn't eat chicken or ribs but I don't see this as an option so I assume we're out of luck.

I skimmed through the posts but couldn't find what I was looking for. We are coming in November and would like to do the carriage ride. I think it was on Allears that I saw they are only offered in the evening (is that current?) - do they take you on a lighted path or something cause wouldn't it be dark by 7pm in November?

The carriage rides are only offered in the evening, and yes the paths would be lighted. We've never done the carriage ride, but have seen them riding through the Fort. Looks very relaxing.

Another question - for Hoop dee doo, can you request a child's meal? My little one doesn't eat chicken or ribs but I don't see this as an option so I assume we're out of luck.

The children's menu is the same as the adult's menu. However, there is a salad, mashed potatoes, baked beans, bread, corn on the cob and strawberry shortcake for dessert...which is really great! We always make pigs of ourselves...sad but true ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter