Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Hi
If going over to fort to check out halloween decs can we drive over if we also book an Adr at trails end. Thanks

Hi
If going over to fort to check out halloween decs can we drive over if we also book an Adr at trails end. Thanks

Just wanted to add (you may already know this ;))...that when you drive over, you will have to park at the very front in the main parking lot, then jump on an internal bus that will take you to The Trail's End. From there, you can walk around and check out everything. Technically you can walk from the parking lot, but it would take a while :laughing: Halloween is a super fun time at the Fort. The campers always put on a fabulous array of decorations.

I am tent camping at FW right after Easter and was wondering if the Easter stuff like basket making and decorations would still be there the next week, or do they take them down right away? We may do a late Easter celebration while we are there and I was just wondering if we can still catch some Easter magic.

I am tent camping at FW right after Easter and was wondering if the Easter stuff like basket making and decorations would still be there the next week, or do they take them down right away? We may do a late Easter celebration while we are there and I was just wondering if we can still catch some Easter magic.

They baskets will be gone the day after Easter. Some campers still might have decorations up, the resort itself does not decorate for Easter.

Just wanted to add (you may already know this ;))...that when you drive over, you will have to park at the very front in the main parking lot, then jump on an internal bus that will take you to The Trail's End. From there, you can walk around and check out everything. Technically you can walk from the parking lot, but it would take a while :laughing: Halloween is a super fun time at the Fort. The campers always put on a fabulous array of decorations.
Hi
If I get boat from mk to fort does this put us near the action. Also what time do you think we should aim to get there to see golf cart parade and where do we need to be. Then we would like to check out decorated sites and at some point grab food. Would we be better to book trails end.
Thanks

Hi
If I get boat from mk to fort does this put us near the action. Also what time do you think we should aim to get there to see golf cart parade and where do we need to be. Then we would like to check out decorated sites and at some point grab food. Would we be better to book trails end.
Thanks

Absolutely! Everything will be right there when you walk down the dock; Pioneer Hall, Trail's End, Tri-Circle Stables, etc. If you want to definitely eat at Trail's End, I would make a reservation. It's not always crowded, but ya never know. Check out the map to get an idea of where everything is. The first time we visited the Fort, we had no idea how huge it was! I'm not sure what time the Golf Cart Parade starts???

Hope y'all have a fabulous time!! :teeth:

Question trying to read everything but is there a loop/location that's ideal enough that you won't need to rent a golf cart? With a family of 6 we won't fit in most of them anyway:(

Question trying to read everything but is there a loop/location that's ideal enough that you won't need to rent a golf cart? With a family of 6 we won't fit in most of them anyway:(

Granted, the answer to that question depends on how you feel about using internal buses, or walking.

Yes, there are lots of people who manage to suffer through without any golf carts at all. :)

But, there are pretty much three places you will be wanting to go:

• The entrance. There's the main parking lot, the "front desk", and the bus stop to go to the various parks.
  • The "Meadows" area. Main pool complex. Trading Post. (Kinda a combination gift shop and mini-grocery store.) This is where you rent canoes or golf carts. The Chip and Dale sing along, s'mores roast, and movies under the stars.
  • What I think of as "the boat dock area". This is where you catch the boat to Magic Kingdom, or a different boat to Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. There's boat rentals here. Trail's End, a really good restaurant. Hoop de Doo and Mickey's Backyard BBQ, on some nights.
The first and last of these are over a mile apart, and Meadows is pretty much in the middle.

Obviously, there is no location that's really close to all three, since they aren't close to each other.

But yes, there are people who are perfectly fine with walking to various places. Or with taking the buses that run, within the campground.

----------

I will also point out that Disney does have some six-person golf carts. They cannot be reserved, but you can get on a waiting list. (And you're allowed to get on the waiting list as soon as you book your room.)

So, a six-person golf cart might be an option, for you.

Hi! We always stay in the 800 loop...the Meadows pool and campfire are almost right across from it about a 3 minute walk, we also walk to the settlement (marina/restaurants/horses) an it is about an 8 minute walk. We have only rented a cart twice and only used it to see the fireworks at night, we bring our bikes and use them a lot. Now, the walk to the Outpost to catch buses would be a lot longer, you would want to catch the internal bus to there if you needed.

Is the horse trail ride age 9 requirement strict? My youngest will be 9 the week after. It is not something we must do, boys don't even know about. I had it on my plans then learned about the age limit. Thanks.

Whew! Made it through the entire thread :) What great information, tips and tricks! Thank you all for providing such wonderful reading material and helpful hints. My sister, brother-in-law, three little nieces and myself are all booked up for Dec 26-Jan 3 at a cabin! I've also got our golf cart reserved for that time as well :) (I don't think I saw this one: There is no deposit necessary when making your golf cart reservation--through Disney--and your payment is not due until you go to pick it up. The CM said it was a new policy, that you don't pay *until* you pick it up instead of before. If you need to cancel it must be 24 hours before your pick up.) We also plan to make an order through Garden Grocer.
All the time we've going down to WDW, we've never even gone over to FW (gasp!), so we are super excited! Christmas, New Year's, my youngest niece will turn 4 during that time, a whole new world to explore at FW, and of course WDW :D Thanks so much for all the help so far, looking forward to stalking this thread to tide me over until the end of December :D

Is the horse trail ride age 9 requirement strict? My youngest will be 9 the week after. It is not something we must do, boys don't even know about. I had it on my plans then learned about the age limit. Thanks.

Hmmmm....good question. I'm not sure. We have never done the horse back riding. If it's anything like buying park tickets, then you shouldn't have to show "proof" of age.

Whew! Made it through the entire thread :) What great information, tips and tricks! Thank you all for providing such wonderful reading material and helpful hints. My sister, brother-in-law, three little nieces and myself are all booked up for Dec 26-Jan 3 at a cabin! I've also got our golf cart reserved for that time as well :) (I don't think I saw this one: There is no deposit necessary when making your golf cart reservation--through Disney--and your payment is not due until you go to pick it up. The CM said it was a new policy, that you don't pay *until* you pick it up instead of before. If you need to cancel it must be 24 hours before your pick up.) We also plan to make an order through Garden Grocer.
All the time we've going down to WDW, we've never even gone over to FW (gasp!), so we are super excited! Christmas, New Year's, my youngest niece will turn 4 during that time, a whole new world to explore at FW, and of course WDW :D Thanks so much for all the help so far, looking forward to stalking this thread to tide me over until the end of December :D

Wow! You'll have lots to celebrate during your stay!!! Exciting for sure!! You're right about the golf cart...no payment until you pick it up. Y'all will really enjoy the convenience and ease of getting around the Fort with the cart. And your kids will totally love it!! Soooooo much to do at FW....especially during the Holiday season.

Happy Planning :teeth:

Thank you! We may have to give in and rent a golf cart. Is there a great loop to stay in if your rv needs a premium and not preferred location, preferably not on a pet friendly loop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter