Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're booked May 13-21. I'm not worried. Sad it's changing, but kind of excited to be there to see stuff happening. CSR is my favorite resort, so I'm not gonna let a little construction run me off. :)

We'll be there 9/29-10/6 and I'm not letting a little construction bother me either. This has always been our favorite resort too, so can't wait for all to be done!

Gonna miss 9B..stayed there the last 2 years and have an August reservation for this year.Just waiting to hear from Disney where we are going to be moved to.

Was booked this Nov/Dec for our first ever trip onsite. Took time to decide on a resort but this one looked beautiful from all angles. Now it could be a mess by the time we get there. A large area under construction and if they start any work on this island then the lake will look awful too. Im sure it will be amazing once all completed but gutted I will see it in a state if we stay there and seriously thinking about changing if I even can.

Is there anyone there now that can tell me what construction is like? We would be in the Casitas buildings 1,2, or 3. Also, can someone snap a pic of or tell me the prices for the valet laundry service? TIA!

The link I posted above is current construction of 9b.

From Buzz's website

2eold15.jpg

Does disney ever offer more discounts at resorts under going large construction like this?

Last edited:
I was scheduled to stay at CSR March 17th-19th but last night I changed my reservation to POR. When I booked the room some time ago, the website said the resort would be undergoing refurbishment but it was my understanding these would be room only. To now see buildings being torn down and fences up everywhere, that's not a magical vacation to me. I live about two hours away and travel to the parks almost every other weekend. I wanted our short stay to be a special treat for my DD9, and I just don't think what's going on there is worth it for the price even with the AP rate. The photos that have been posted show major construction.

I was scheduled to stay at CSR March 17th-19th but last night I changed my reservation to POR. When I booked the room some time ago, the website said the resort would be undergoing refurbishment but it was my understanding these would be room only. To now see buildings being torn down and fences up everywhere, that's not a magical vacation to me. I live about two hours away and travel to the parks almost every other weekend. I wanted our short stay to be a special treat for my DD9, and I just don't think what's going on there is worth it for the price even with the AP rate. The photos that have been posted show major construction.

Makes sense, they just announced the extent of the other construction. It's your vacation, stay where you want to!

Good evening. We are here now. We checked in last night and we are here until next Monday. This is a beautiful resort...we have stayed here two previosu times, but the construction is noticable and the resort is definitely feeling the hit of the construction already. There are fences from the main building up through Cabanas and upgrades going on on the other side of the lake. Last night and tonight, they have failed to replace some light poles and it is very, very dark in certain of the walk from Cabanas to the main lobby areas. I love this resort and all of the amenities, but it is Presidents day for goodness sake and this place is quiet because I think many people have not wanted to stay here. If it was two or three months later, I would NOT want to stay here. There is a lot of construction going on and although the pool area is unaffected, the rest of the resort is definitely not what it was or will be. I am not "the sky is falling" kind of person either, but walking around todaty seeing all of the workers and vehicles and fences and demolition and half-torn down buildings...I don't think this is a place I would want to be after April. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter