Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all sounds fantastic....but I wonder what this will do to the price point?

scrooge-mcduck-wallpaper-for-640x480-mobile-1380-41.jpg

Last edited:

We are booked at Coronado for mid-May. This is the first time we opted to upgrade from Pop Century to a moderate resort. Now I'm worried that we will be seeing cranes, etc.... and hearing construction during our stay. We made the decision to splurge (for us) and have really been looking forward to the upgrade. Am I right to be worried? Any advice?

We are booked at Coronado for mid-May. This is the first time we opted to upgrade from Pop Century to a moderate resort. Now I'm worried that we will be seeing cranes, etc.... and hearing construction during our stay. We made the decision to splurge (for us) and have really been looking forward to the upgrade. Am I right to be worried? Any advice?

For just room refurbishments I would've said no, just keep it. But now, I don't know. Do you have any other resorts in mind that you'd like to try out? Maybe check online or call the number to see some rates at Port Orleans. But I'd do it quick, there may be others thinking the same thing.

Any ETA on when all these changes to CSR are supposed to be completed? Sounds like a lot of construction.

Any rumors on a new pool or anything like that? I would imagine adding 500+ rooms will just make the Dig Site more crowded. Same for Pepper Market, unless additional QS options are part of this as well.

Any ETA on when all these changes to CSR are supposed to be completed? Sounds like a lot of construction.

Any rumors on a new pool or anything like that? I would imagine adding 500+ rooms will just make the Dig Site more crowded. Same for Pepper Market, unless additional QS options are part of this as well.
9B was demolished this week - so construction should start very soon. Summer 2019 is the projected completion date. RUMOR (very vague) of an "adult only" area with at least a hot tub.

There's further discussion in the news/rumors forum http://www.disboards.com/threads/changes-coming-to-coronado-springs.3579372/

Date to be completed is 2019, to be ready by Star Wars completion. I could've sworn I saw somewhere they were changing El Centro too but maybe I just imagined it.

Exactly.. really hoping the current resort rooms outside of the tower stay at a moderate rate and not deluxe.

That would be ideal. They aren't increasing the current rooms size so they shouldn't expect deluxe type money for those. We've really enjoyed the Mod price range with the deluxe light amenities at CSR. It's the only Mod with a fitness center which i need when were there for 2 weeks. The outcome of this make over with the price point offered will definately influence my future vacations.

The Disney release said 2 years.

I'm assuming that the tower will get it's own pool.

I don't think major construction will be happening in May at least in terms of tower cranes and stuff like that. They'll likely have certain areas fenced off with work getting underway but this is a two year project.

Well there are no pools in the plans outside the new tower. My guess is we will see a pool renovation at existing pools to make up for the added rooms. There will be additional dining whether there is quick service or not I'm not sure. These rooms are specifically to appeal to the business clientele at this resort.

The Disney release said 2 years.

I'm assuming that the tower will get it's own pool.

There are no pools in the tower permits however that doesn't mean they could be else where.

Does anyone think they'll start any construction on the lobby or food court area soon? We check in mid-April. Have preferred room booked.

I'm really torn as to what to do. This was going to be our first CSR stay. I've been at GF and WL during some minor room/resort renovations and it didn't bother me. But this seems like a lot more than that.

Just guessing, I would say April is going to be okay, but please don't hold me to that. I imagine April will have some construction off to the side upfront, around the Cabanas area and then around whatever room section is getting refurbished next. My guess is that in April most of Ranchos and the Casitias will be okay, along with the main pool, and the main building. I don't feel like Spring Break time period is going to see a major take down for the main building and pool areas. Again, just a guess. I have no inside information.

Does anyone think they'll start any construction on the lobby or food court area soon? We check in mid-April. Have preferred room booked.

I'm really torn as to what to do. This was going to be our first CSR stay. I've been at GF and WL during some minor room/resort renovations and it didn't bother me. But this seems like a lot more than that.

The current lobby and food court need to service the resort until this is all finished. You won't see them touch that until the new tower/lobby is finished which is probably 2 years away.

I have a late April reservation for CSR and was wondering the same. I've really been looking forward to CSR but dont want to be in a construction zone. I'd rather wait until its done and experience it the right way.

I feel very torn right now.

So, all of this is kind of a bummer. We are scheduled to go back to CSR in mid-December. I don't think changing resorts/weeks is really an option for us. All of the other moderate resorts have no availability to keep our bounceback offer. So my question is this: i am assuming by December the east side of El Centro is going to be a huge mess. We usually stay in Cabanas 8B, but I'm afraid that the construction will make it hard for us to get to El Centro (Pepper Market is a favorite with our kids!). Am I better off requesting a different building to stay away from that east side? I don't have any experience with any other areas. Is 6A a good alternative? Close to a bus stop is the first priority, El Centro proximity is second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter