Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they release FD, do you think we will see more Free Dining rooms available at CSR & CBR, and POR completely left off the offer like POFQ? I'm thinking many are jumping over to POR and it will have full occupancy the next couple of years with this construction .... there would be no reason to offer it there at all.

If they release FD, do you think we will see more Free Dining rooms available at CSR & CBR, and POR completely left off the offer like POFQ? I'm thinking many are jumping over to POR and it will have full occupancy the next couple of years with this construction .... there would be no reason to offer it there at all.

Actually, I feel it will have the opposite affect. With the reduced number of rooms in the inventory, it will be easier for them to run at their target occupancy rate. This has happened at WL the past couple rounds of discounts since they closed the South Wing. It also happened at Poly during the conversion from standard rooms to DVC. Just my opinion and observations.

Us here on the DIS, that have access to all these details, are such a small portion of the overall WDW population, that I feel most guests will have no idea of the magnitude of these projects.

Actually, I feel it will have the opposite affect. With the reduced number of rooms in the inventory, it will be easier for them to run at their target occupancy rate. This has happened at WL the past couple rounds of discounts since they closed the South Wing. It also happened at Poly during the conversion from standard rooms to DVC. Just my opinion and observations.

Us here on the DIS that have access to all the details are such a small portion of the overall WDW population, that I feel most guests will have no idea of the magnitude of these projects.

Makes sense since CSR will be down the demolished buildings and each renovation building, CBR potentially down the north villages. Really might limit FD for all the moderate hotels.

Good evening. We are here now. We checked in last night and we are here until next Monday. This is a beautiful resort...we have stayed here two previosu times, but the construction is noticable and the resort is definitely feeling the hit of the construction already. There are fences from the main building up through Cabanas and upgrades going on on the other side of the lake. Last night and tonight, they have failed to replace some light poles and it is very, very dark in certain of the walk from Cabanas to the main lobby areas. I love this resort and all of the amenities, but it is Presidents day for goodness sake and this place is quiet because I think many people have not wanted to stay here. If it was two or three months later, I would NOT want to stay here. There is a lot of construction going on and although the pool area is unaffected, the rest of the resort is definitely not what it was or will be. I am not "the sky is falling" kind of person either, but walking around todaty seeing all of the workers and vehicles and fences and demolition and half-torn down buildings...I don't think this is a place I would want to be after April. Just my opinion.

Do you have any pics of the construction? We are booked for the week after Easter and I'm still not sure what to do. DH thinks it can't be that bad, but I don't want to wait until the last minute to find out it is that bad.

CSR is a large resort and with the work being isolated to one side of the resort, it may not be as intrusive as you think

k3947b.jpg

Us here on the DIS, that have access to all these details, are such a small portion of the overall WDW population, that I feel most guests will have no idea of the magnitude of these projects.

We were actually able to get Free Dining at WL last August, even with the construction going on and half the resort closed. We even got a standard room, which is usually harder to get, and had a great view of the MK fireworks from our balcony. They hadn't yet re-categorized views but with some trees taken down we had a gorgeous view.

So which way it will go with the mods is still probably anybody's guess. I'm just hoping EITHER POR or CSR is included in discounts for later this year!

As of today, UK guests have received extensive emails (more extensive than I've ever seen) regarding the construction. Dining and other amenities will not be affected, pathways may be affected, work between 9am and 5pm, guests will not be placed near work area, a bit about the Tower including Club Level and Concierge, new rooftop restaurant and bar.

Dear Guest,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort!

Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we are always looking to deliver more unforgettable experiences and magic to our guests.

Over the next two years, the Convention Center, Guest rooms and surrounding areas will be undergoing a refurbishment. New distinct touches and a new colour palette will be introduced to the Guest rooms and across the resort to help tell the story of the great Francisco de Coronado, and to reflect the vibrant spirit of adventure that lived within the Spanish explorers. In addition to the existing Guest rooms being refurbished, the transformation will also include the addition of a 15 storey tower, adding additional services, such as Club Level and Concierge, and a rooftop restaurant and bar, allowing spectacular views of the night time firework displays.

We have a long tradition of enhancing our resorts while also maintaining the magic of the Disney experience, as we have with Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Rest assured, while we are working our magic across Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, we are making every effort to ensure our guests experience the comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer. The renovation will be taking place in blocks, therefore Guest impact will be kept to an absolute minimum, however there may be some noise between the hours of 9:00am – 17:00 pm and we may have alternate paths of travel throughout the resort. We have been advised that guests will not be situated near the work area and we anticipate that all Dining Options and Resort Amenities will be available to guests throughout this time.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you during your stay and appreciate your patience and understanding. We are confident that the work taking place will have little or no impact on the enjoyment of your stay. If you need assistance with your reservation please call our Disney Experts on 0800 169 0730 where we will be waiting and very happy to help.

We eagerly await your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

Magical Regards,
Guest Care

CSR is a large resort and with the work being isolated to one side of the resort, it may not be as intrusive as you think

k3947b.jpg

Actually the plans show the construction will extend out into the lake from the new building location, probably eliminating the walkway along the lake, extend across the bridge to the Dig Site, include an island in the lake which will require entry from the shore and re-imagineering of the main lobby area once the tower is open. Folks staying in Cabanas may have to walk all the way around the lake or take the bus to the main hub in addition to being next to the construction zone.

Good evening. We are here now. We checked in last night and we are here until next Monday. This is a beautiful resort...we have stayed here two previosu times, but the construction is noticable and the resort is definitely feeling the hit of the construction already. There are fences from the main building up through Cabanas and upgrades going on on the other side of the lake. Last night and tonight, they have failed to replace some light poles and it is very, very dark in certain of the walk from Cabanas to the main lobby areas. I love this resort and all of the amenities, but it is Presidents day for goodness sake and this place is quiet because I think many people have not wanted to stay here. If it was two or three months later, I would NOT want to stay here. There is a lot of construction going on and although the pool area is unaffected, the rest of the resort is definitely not what it was or will be. I am not "the sky is falling" kind of person either, but walking around todaty seeing all of the workers and vehicles and fences and demolition and half-torn down buildings...I don't think this is a place I would want to be after April. Just my opinion.

Thanks for this info. I was unsure whether or not I made the right decision to switch to POR for my trip next month. The feedback about the current state of the resort makes me realize I did the right thing for my family and our vacation. I hope you enjoy yours.

I just got a similar email re my stay:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. To better assist you in planning your stay, we wanted to make you aware of an upcoming Resort refurbishment. While we work our magic, you will notice construction taking place around the retention pond in front of the convention center and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am daily.

We anticipate that all of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open and accessible. While you may see or hear our “work in progress,” please know that we are working hard to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent as listed on your confirmation letter.

bullet.gif
If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1880between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif
If you booked your stay through Disney Vacation Club®, please contact Disney Vacation Club Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Disney Destinations

I'm so sad. We were going to book CSR for our vacation next year and to hear of the construction broke my heart! CSR was our first and favorite resort to stay at when we visited years ago. The thought if looking for another resort makes me ill!

I just got a similar email re my stay:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings. To better assist you in planning your stay, we wanted to make you aware of an upcoming Resort refurbishment. While we work our magic, you will notice construction taking place around the retention pond in front of the convention center and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am daily.

We anticipate that all of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping, dining and recreation experiences, will remain open and accessible. While you may see or hear our “work in progress,” please know that we are working hard to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent as listed on your confirmation letter.

bullet.gif
If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1880between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif
If you booked your stay through Disney Vacation Club®, please contact Disney Vacation Club Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Disney Destinations

Was this email sent directly to you? We are staying June 5-12. I wonder if and when I will get an email. I am booked through a travel agent.

Question: can I have someone drop off a case of water for me to pick up from the front or will they charge me because of this being a conference resort? Thanks!

Was this email sent directly to you? We are staying June 5-12. I wonder if and when I will get an email. I am booked through a travel agent.

In past they tend to stagger them so they make it hard for you to try to change your reservation. They want the hotel as full as possible, my guess is around 60 days.

Not sure how works with TA, I never use them for Disney since I stay on top of it myself.

I got the email too. Our stay is 4/11-15. I called to see what else was available during those dates, only 1 pirate room at CBR or AKL for $600 more, or Pop for $100 less. So, I kept my ressie here at CSR. Fingers crossed that its not too bad when we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter